C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transparent Roof & Sunlight?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
C6 CRZN
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use the transparent top all year just buy a liner to put on it during the hot months.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...adliner-9.html
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Errick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hombre Loco
It really depends on the intensity of the sunlight. I still drive with sunglasses on. You can almost look at it like that. It is smoked and transparent...just like wearing sunglasses. You wont get a lot of glare, but as with any sunroof.....anything is possible.

I Love my transparent top.

I just bought mine (glass top)this year and I love it! The top weighs less than the solid one and gives you a little more head room too.
I also added window tint this year and makes the interior much cooler in the sun.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I think the weight difference is minimal. Anyway it gets pretty toasty in direct sunlight on hot days but I still keep my solid top hanging in a bag on the garage wall.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
corC6vette
Racer

One benefit of the solid top that I've noticed is that it's seems to be quieter however that's not enough from using the transparent top year around.

Last edited by corC6vette; 09-27-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Aerodude
3rd Gear

I'm also thinking of getting a transparent top. Could someone post some pictures of the transparent top from the inside?

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
prseasix
Race Director

I've felt that hot FL summer sun on my bald spot with the transparent top. I use the painted top from around Jun-now.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Crusinjimbo
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the transparent top on my 05 Coupe here in central Florida and have no problems with the volume of light. Sunglasses are a must here in the land of "fry your eyeballs" sun and a cap is sometimes nice. I do feel a bit of heat during the mid-day hot sun but the AC compensates nicely. Go for the glass ceiling, it is a great feature on a great ride!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

The Transparent top is great in my opinion and don't use the solid top anymore.
It gives the car an open feeling and brightens the interior but Sun doesn't glare through the top.
I will be getting the suction cup headliner for it come Spring time though.
And only plan to use it when the car is parked in the Sun because the interior does get HOT.
Once it does get hot, I find it takes a while for the interior, especially the seats, to cool down even running the AC.
If I don't let the interior get hot, using the Transparent top with AC in Hot weather is not a problem.
Well worth having
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
RAW1
Instructor

I like having both in Fl. I usually use the transparent Oct-Mar, but put it on early this year for a 5000 mile road trip up thru Blue Ridge Pkwy, Shenandoah NP , Acadia NP , Campabello, Ottawa, Sault Ste Marie, Oshkosh (b'gosh) and back home. I find the transparent top's weight to be a significant advantage in solo on/off operations - hardly ever bother to remove the opaque top when it is on in the summer months.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 PM
tlcj
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought my car off the lot with a clear top. After about a year, I thought it might be nice to have both. I park all day in a large lot with sun exposure. I like the painted top for the summer months. It is still hot, but seems to cool much faster. I also think it might be slightly quieter. I like both and now have both. It is much easier to add a clear top. The easiest mod you can do. Buy it and it installs in minutes.

Quick Reply: Transparent Roof & Sunlight?