C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(PRICES) CARRAVAGGIO SEAT "GROUP-BUY" by AutoBuffs

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
Since I have the Daytona seats in, here is what I experienced. The head room is close to the stock seat. Since I'm 5'7" I didn't notice anything until I had my helmet on. When I first got the seats the new cushions were stiff. After 6 months they relaxed and are the same as when my seats went in for the re-make. 1/2 inch difference new and the same after the break in.

If your waist size is 35 or under you should be fine with the race seats, they will be tight fitting. It's the width that gets you on the race seats. John makes them tight so you are in the seat when racing so it's not anything like the stock seats. The closest to stock are the Daytonas and they are fit to you once you sit in them. Also since I am only 5'7" the harness holes are perfect for me, maybe 1/2 inch high. They should be 1/2 inch low for you maybe. Just look where the holes are in relationship to the top of the head rest. The total headrest height is exactly the same.

I know there are at least 20 racing seats out there with forum guys/gals. Can you gals/guys relate your racing seat experience to the rest of us???

So enjoy them when you get them, and as the other post said they are the only great looking great fitting seats currently available on the forum.

One more thing I have to mention since I have purchased my seat directly from John Caravaggio. My experience was good not excellent with John C. There was a 4 week delay in delivery from the originally promised date. So I hope that John C understands that this is a very public forum and this could hurt him in a big way if he doesn't deliver as promised on time. I wanted to write this so should there be issues in delivery it's not a big surprise. I don't know what Auto Buffs can do to prevent delays should there be any.

I had the pleasure of driving Ernies Z06 from his house to the shop and I had no headroom issues at all on my 1 hour drive, Im 6-5.

Thanks for the info Ernie and if there is a delay with any seats you can expect us to keep you informed and up to speed every step of the way.
That is what is expected from a customer with any delay if one should arise and you can bet you will be informed and kept in the loop.

John@autobuffs
Auto Buffs LLC.
2 Kerry Ct,; Suite E
Southampton, NJ 08088
OFFICE_609-859-0900
CELL_856-776-3079

www.autobuffs.net
Custom Painting & Airbrushing
Pinstriping
Custom Detailing
Car Audio
Mobile Electronics & Video
Remote Car Starters / Alarms

Authorized HRE / IFORGED Dealer
Authorized East Coast Supercharging Dealer
Authorized TireRack Dealer
Authorized Carravaggio Dealer
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I've seen Ernie's car in person, those seats are amazing. I sat in the other set he had I'm 5'7" 210lbs, 36in waist. (So is Ernie's car)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

HI Dfinke23,

As you can see from my previous post that is one of my concerns also. I can say that John and Jan from Auto Buffs are a GREAT forum VENDER!!!!

Dfinke23 has as I have, written what our experiance was with the main supplier. I would hope that some how some way there is some sort of positive way to have assurance that the schedules will be met.

John and Jan, is there anything that would be a incentive for on time deliveries and a dis-incentive for late deliveries? This is a valid concern that I am sure you have hear from a number of the members. It's a hard thing to control since you are dependent on a 3rd party. I just would hate to see Auto Buffs pinged for something you have no control over.

ErnieO

ErnieO

Last edited by pewter99; 01-27-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Hogvette
Burning Brakes

John,
Is there not any way to do core deposits? I'm very interested in the Daytona seats but being without the seats for 4 to 5 weeks is bad enough - further delays would be unacceptable. If they could do a returnable core program then they could take as long as needed without any impact to my car... your thoughts?

Last edited by pewter99; 01-27-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,204 Likes on 708 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Ok, I dunno what it is with hijacking the posts from JPM at Autobuffs and ranting about stuff with vendors or paint procedures and what not but its getting old and fast.
If you have a question about how Autobuffs paints cars, installs mods what their favorite soft drink is and what they had for lunch send them a PM. If you have or had an issue with a vendor take it up with them and do NOT I repeat DO NOT post it here.

and whatever you do.... do not PM me about this post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Aerohawk
Drifting

On the Daytona seats...

Does the $4500 price includes the harness cut-outs and slot for the sub belt as in the pictures you posted?

Carbon fiber shells or fiberglass?

Can he make these out of C5 seats or only C6 seats?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
THE FLASH
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much do the leather race seats weigh (style 1) and how much do the daytona leather seats weigh (style 3)?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by THE FLASH
How much do the leather race seats weigh (style 1) and how much do the daytona leather seats weigh (style 3)?
Hey Flash since I picked up both seats as I was installing my Daytonas I would say the daytonas are about equal in weight. I can't speak for the Racing seats. From what I see the racing seat loose all the back adjustability so they MUST weigh less.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

JPM: Thanks for your hard work putting this together I'm interested in a Race Seat... and this is a great price compared with Caravaggio's regular price.

But why is the shipping $50 more than i was quoted directly from Caravaggio ?

Thx
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Jan@AutoBuffs
Melting Slicks

S.Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Aerohawk
On the Daytona seats...

Does the $4500 price includes the harness cut-outs and slot for the sub belt as in the pictures you posted?

Thanks!
JPM will get back to you guys later today...

Hey Flash since I picked up both seats as I was installing my Daytonas I would say the daytonas are about equal in weight. I can't speak for the Racing seats. From what I see the racing seat loose all the back adjustability so they MUST weigh less.
Ernie!

Originally Posted by Dreamin
JPM: Thanks for your hard work putting this together I'm interested in a Race Seat... and this is a great price compared with Caravaggio's regular price.

Thx
It is hard work! AutoBuffs, partnering with Caravaggio, are striving to give our customers the items you want at a nice discount through these group purchases.

Shipping quotes were received directly from Caravaggio.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogvette

John,
Is there not any way to do core deposits? I'm very interested in the Daytona seats but being without the seats for 4 to 5 weeks is bad enough - further delays would be unacceptable. If they could do a returnable core program then they could take as long as needed without any impact to my car... your thoughts?

.... I'm in for Daytonas if y'all provide the core seats and when they get to me I send in my 4LT Titanium/Black seats that are like new..... Otherwise don't think I can be without seats for 5-6 weeks (probably more)..
Old 01-28-2010, 05:34 PM
THE FLASH
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The daytona seats are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by C6MagRed
.... I'm in for Daytonas if y'all provide the core seats and when they get to me I send in my 4LT Titanium/Black seats that are like new..... Otherwise don't think I can be without seats for 5-6 weeks (probably more)..
Hi C6MagRed,

I had the same concern, but I wanted MY Stock seats to go to Caravaggios since I didn't want to have any issues with the electronics and the electronics connectors under the seat. (I found out that not all seat have the same connectors and some years there was very limited wiring under the seat, like my 2006 Z06). So every member should send their STOCK seats to him since you know they work and you know that the connectors are exactly right and what they should be. I got a set of black seats to put into the car while I waited. I couldn't be with out the car during the summer at all. I sold my spare seats to another guy in my club when he ordered his Daytonas. I also have a spare passenger seat on a OEM Frame, (no pwr anything on it), that if some one needs I would sell cheap 200.00 plus shipping. The passenger seat will not fit the drivers side, (I tried.)

ErnieO

Last edited by VRedZ06; 01-28-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
St. Jude Co-Organizer
Cruise-In IX Veteran

John,

Ok I spoke with John Carravaggio about this today and this is the deal on Cores.
John has 1 set of cores at the shop. He will send the core seats when the order has been placed and funds received. When your seats arrive at his shop the seats will be finished in 4-5 weeks and shipped back to the customer at that time.

1 thing to remember is the core seats must be sent back at once as there will be another customer right behind you waiting for them so their seats can be done as well. I have dealt with cores as of late and it seems the customers take their time sending cores back not realizing that the vendor needs them for the next customer in line. If every customer is prompt with the return of the core seats there will be no delay.

Originally Posted by Aerohawk
On the Daytona seats...

Thanks!
Yes the harness cutouts and the sub belt slot come standard with the seats.
You can either get fibergalss or CF shells

Weights for the 3 seats are below:
Race seats:19lbs
GT race seats:21lbs
Daytona seats:4lbs heavier then the stock seats

Originally Posted by Dreamin

Thx
Thanks,
The shipping cost was relayed to us from John Carravaggio himself and we have no say in that.

The daytona seats are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

John@autobuffs
Auto Buffs LLC.
2 Kerry Ct,; Suite E
Southampton, NJ 08088
OFFICE_609-859-0900
CELL_856-776-3079

www.autobuffs.net
Pinstriping
Custom Detailing
Car Audio
Mobile Electronics & Video
Remote Car Starters / Alarms

Authorized HRE / IFORGED Dealer
Authorized East Coast Supercharging Dealer
Authorized TireRack Dealer
Authorized Carravaggio Dealer
Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Hogvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JPM@AutoBuffs
Ok I spoke with John Carravaggio about this today and this is the deal on Cores.
John has 1 set of cores at the shop. He will send the core seats when the order has been placed and funds received. When your seats arrive at his shop the seats will be finished in 4-5 weeks and shipped back to the customer at that time.

1 thing to remember is the core seats must be sent back at once as there will be another customer right behind you waiting for them so their seats can be done as well. I have dealt with cores as of late and it seems the customers take their time sending cores back not realizing that the vendor needs them for the next customer in line. If every customer is prompt with the return of the core seats there will be no delay.

[/COLOR][/B]
Hats off to John... he has stepped up and addressed every concern and question on these seats. Now he's making it hard to not take advantage of this.

The solid leather seats have a cleaner look than the Alcantara inserts, but can anyone advise on durability, wear/tear, UV resistance (i have a vert), or other comparisons between the alcantara and leather?

Thanks for your patience with this John.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Hats off to John... he has stepped up and addressed every concern and question on these seats. Now he's making it hard to not take advantage of this.

The solid leather seats have a cleaner look than the Alcantara inserts, but can anyone advise on durability, wear/tear, UV resistance (i have a vert), or other comparisons between the alcantara and leather?

Thanks for your patience with this John.

The one thing that I would have changed if I did it all again is to get the inserts in perforated leather so that you bottom and back breath. I ordered all solid black leather and it's soft and beautiful. I have solid leather no alcantra at all since I think that Alcantra is great for door panels and high-lights on low stress areas not for high stress areas like seats. This is my opinion. But as far as the perforated inserts that would be a must next time.

ErnieO

Last edited by VRedZ06; 01-28-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you do if you have side air bags? Can they be retrofitted into the new seats or do you have to remove them?

Get notified of new replies

To (PRICES) CARRAVAGGIO SEAT "GROUP-BUY" by AutoBuffs

Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, found this thread about it. There's a lot going on with the newer seats. I have heated seats too.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ue-on-2lz.html
Old 01-29-2010, 10:48 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have seat covers for my stock seats from John, Alcantara inserts with leather bolsters and headrests. I find that Alcantara is more comfortable in the summer, it shows, no wear or scratches, and cleans easily with plain water and a nylon brush. You also do not tend to slide around. I did it mostly for the look but it seems more practical than just looks. I would not want Alcantara on my steering wheel because of the sweaty hands, as i do think leather is easier to clean. But, I do recommend it for seat inserts.
Larry
Old 01-29-2010, 03:59 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

St. Jude Co-Organizer
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by C6DuffMan
What do you do if you have side air bags? Can they be retrofitted into the new seats or do you have to remove them?
All specs of the seats will be operational except the side bags

The one thing that I would have changed if I did it all again is to get the inserts in perforated leather so that you bottom and back breath. I ordered all solid black leather and it's soft and beautiful. I have solid leather no alcantra at all since I think that Alcantra is great for door panels and high-lights on low stress areas not for high stress areas like seats. This is my opinion. But as far as the perforated inserts that would be a must next time.

ErnieO

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I have seat covers for my stock seats from John, Alcantara inserts with leather bolsters and headrests. I find that Alcantara is more comfortable in the summer, it shows, no wear or scratches, and cleans easily with plain water and a nylon brush. You also do not tend to slide around. I did it mostly for the look but it seems more practical than just looks. I would not want Alcantara on my steering wheel because of the sweaty hands, as i do think leather is easier to clean. But, I do recommend it for seat inserts.
Larry

John@autobuffs
Auto Buffs LLC.
2 Kerry Ct,; Suite E
Southampton, NJ 08088
OFFICE_609-859-0900
CELL_856-776-3079

www.autobuffs.net
Pinstriping
Custom Detailing
Car Audio