C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:27 PM
dbevins
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Brake Clicking Noise

Got my Vette out of storage today. As soon as I stepped on the brake (to start it) it started making a clicking noise. I went ahead and started it and backed out of my garage, put it in neutral and stepped on the brake while engine was running and it made the same clicking noise. Is the common/OK or do I have a problem?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:13 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 157 Posts

Brake light switch? If thats what it is, no problm.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

HAD THIS PROB. ON THE 08 & 09 GOOD'OL GM .......PUT THE WRONG BRAKE FUSE ,,P.SIDE OPEN ACCESS TO FUSES STEP ON THE BRAKE YOULL KNOW WHITCH ONNE IT IS BY THE NOISE ....NEEDS ANOTHER PRONG ON IT !!!!!!!!! GUESS GM SAID WHAT THE HELL IT WILL MAKE OFF THE LOT..SEEMS I"NOTICING ALOT OF THAT
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
RedRedRed
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

If it's a click from the pass. side floorboard when you press the brake and again when you release it, it's probably the brake light relay that's mounted on the fuse box panel under the floor. I have this on my '09.

Someone on here posted a the TSB for it and I took it to the dealer. They said I already have the newer relay so there was nothing they could do about it, it's just noisy. The TSB staes, as others here have, that it doesn't affect performance, it's just a noisy relay. It does get agravating at times, though.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

THEY PUT THE CORECT ONE IN MINE a dif.color. The problem is that there is place for an extra prong. The fuse that is now in there does not have this extra prong. If the dealer is telling you that this is the way it is, you need to take it somewhere else. When they put the correct one in there with the correct amount of prongs, it stopped.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM
RedRedRed
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I do have the part that the TSB says is the correct one, #12193606. I just pulled it and I see what you mean; the relay has 4 prongs on the back, but there are five slots behind it.

Would you happen to know the part number of the relay they installed that solved the problem?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRedRed
If it's a click from the pass. side floorboard when you press the brake and again when you release it, it's probably the brake light relay that's mounted on the fuse box panel under the floor. I have this on my '09.

Someone on here posted a the TSB for it and I took it to the dealer. They said I already have the newer relay so there was nothing they could do about it, it's just noisy. The TSB staes, as others here have, that it doesn't affect performance, it's just a noisy relay. It does get agravating at times, though.
Exactly.. I have the noisy relay in mine.. I enjoy mechanical sounds..
Old 04-01-2010, 04:33 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

no sorry i don't...pulled the part with tech ,they were telling me the same crap,told him NOPE ''...why the extra slot for another prong????ah da..we went to parts desk ask for a replacement for 09 ....wala! it had an extra prong ,never never trust a tech !!!!
just pull it take it in to parts desk and comepare...i thank there showing the same part #.....good luck...did your tech look like this?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,215 Posts

No clicking of this nature with my very early build 09 Z06. Funny that something is considered normal when not all cars have the problem. I would think that if something is normal, then all cars should be that way.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Clicking Noise

Quick Reply: Brake Clicking Noise