C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is that Corvette reliable..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Ron one
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

I currently own an '06 A6 with 53K on the clock. No issues as DD. It sure makes the work day more pleasent. This is my 4th vett. All of them were DD's. The only issue I ever had was a C4 would run up to 235 - 240* in summer traffic here in Florida.

IMHO you won't find a more dependable DD.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Oh, that's the problem....I never waited for my Toyota's to hit 200K miles. Oh silly me. Guess I just should have waited and spent $ 100K on service visits.

I have had good Hondas...my Toyotas were not so good, but, believe or not, the only cars I've ever owned that got over 100K miles were all American Made....Fords, Chevys & Pontiacs... how weird is that?
What service visits? I just change the oil and they just keep going.

It's been almost 20 years since I switched to Toyota so I don't know how far American cars go today. But 100k miles used to be about the limit unless it was a truck. I would see Toyotas with 300k on them. My Toyota van had 210k when I gave it to my father in law and the oil was still clean at oil change intervals. This is just my personal experience.

Quick Reply: Is that Corvette reliable..........