C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
ALD_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CWGrizzwold
By sheer luck I saw Mr. Hendrick's Centennial Edition ZR1 yesterday while I was having my C6 inspected. It had just arrived by truck from Radley Chevrolet as they transferred it to Hendrick Chevy in Cary, NC. I took a few pictures of it, but have to apologize as they were taken with my phone which was low on battery power. You can also see it in their inventory online via chevy.com, but as most of you know it won't be for sale.

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/windo...locresults_rat

Harvey, is VIN #58 the one you gave up? I know there is conflicting stories that Mr. Hendrick actually bought VIN #0001 of the 2012 ZR1s, but as you mention this was the first saleable Centennial Edition ZR1. The sales staff claim that this is Mr. Hendricks and is not for sale.

Looks like that ZR1 is for sale from the looks of the 2012 sticker on the window. It is my understanding that the car given up by Harvey was the first Centennial ZR1 offered to the public which is why he "gave" it to Hendrick.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
CWGrizzwold
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALD_Z06
Looks like that ZR1 is for sale from the looks of the 2012 sticker on the window. It is my understanding that the car given up by Harvey was the first Centennial ZR1 offered to the public which is why he "gave" it to Hendrick.
That's why I am a little confused because the sales staff was telling me this was Hendrick's. Without Harvey chiming in it's hard to say. The 2012 sticker was on it when it arrived from Radley which may have been where Harvey ordered it from originally so it got built, shipped there and then Hendrick did a dealership transfer after the fact. Harvey said his was VIN #61 so this could make sense. Interesting story nonetheless. Hendrick is good at keeping personal orders in dealer inventory for awhile. I believe it saves him some $$$ in the long run.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:09 AM
timcurl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zr1 in the movies

I took delivery of my 2012 Centennial Edition ZR1 not long after watching it roll of the line in Bowling Green on Sept. 19th.

A few weeks later, I took it and my black '54 to the Texas panhandle and had a little fun with them. We shot two spec commercials with the cars for the Chevy Super Bowl contest. We got 'shortlisted', but didn't make the finals. You can watch the spots here:
(And by the way, my Centennial ZR1's VIN is 100.)

IT TAKES A CHEVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnCXTz2tVCc

START SOMETHING SPECIAL: (Longer Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRG3BI8EHcQ
Old 12-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,040 Posts

I like both of them!!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 PM
My07C6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I like both of them!!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:14 AM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by timcurl
I took delivery of my 2012 Centennial Edition ZR1 not long after watching it roll of the line in Bowling Green on Sept. 19th.

A few weeks later, I took it and my black '54 to the Texas panhandle and had a little fun with them. We shot two spec commercials with the cars for the Chevy Super Bowl contest. We got 'shortlisted', but didn't make the finals. You can watch the spots here:
(And by the way, my Centennial ZR1's VIN is 100.)

IT TAKES A CHEVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnCXTz2tVCc

START SOMETHING SPECIAL: (Longer Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRG3BI8EHcQ

VERY COOL!!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
This Story STRETCHES over 6 Weeks...and is so Long it would take Pages to Tell....
The Very Short Version is that My Centennial ZR1 was the First Built for Retail Consumption... Being the First one was Important to me, but not enough to Stand in the Way for me Giving it to Rick Hendrick.....
How he saw it was by Sheer Accident, but My Meeting him for the First time was not.....
A Friendship Developed Quickly and I can say that I have made a "New Friend for Life"...and that Quote comes from Rick...
The Adjectives I could use to Decribe the kind of Guy Rick is are ENDLESS..What you see is what you get,,,he Pleasant, Gracious and above all a "TRUE GENTLEMEN"...Forget his inter-reaction with me--he is that way to Total Strangers of any age or Gender...Always a Smile on his Face and he never once Shut anybody down or appeared annoyed at the Constant Barrage of People who Flocked to him.....
I can Honestly say he is one of a kind I am Poud to call him my Friend.....That also goes for Jim Perkins,Christan and his crew...
If anybody wants to hear how this all went down please call me at 516-766-2635........
There are to many People to Thank for this Wondefull Experience and I will cherish for a Long Time.........and from what I was told it will continue in the Future........
Everybody who had a hand in this from GM in Detroit down to the Workers on the line made this a once in a lifetime Event......
I will end this by Saying I was down at BG last week and watched my Second Centennial ZR1 come off the line (Thanks Paul, Lori and Gary) with Vin # 61 which by the way is my 61st New Corvette ( if you count the one that Rick got from me) Take care, and thanks for Listening.......Harvey
Odd story really. All good salesmen appear with the attributes stated above. And many use this skill to fraud others. Kinda enforces the notion of car salesmen represented stigma of shady dealings. Just a odd story to say the least. No ax to grind here and Mr Gluck can do as his wishes. But giving up an 0001 # is baffling to say the least when viewed from afar with just a gloss over view.

I'm probably out of line here but just saying what comes to mind reading this tread. Obviously MR Gluck has the resources to render over seeing as he has owned 61 Corvettes so I feel no sympathy in any duping. Did I just say that!!!!!

Well it is Christmas morning and the whole Santa down the chimney thing has me thinking out of the box.

Happy Holidays nevertheless.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure I understand it all, but it's nice to hear a fellow Oceansider doing nice things for others.
Good luck with the new one and POST PICTURES when you can.

Quick Reply: MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)