C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 clicking in dash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 PM
lemgomez
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost forgot to update this, replacing the rear hatch release button (The one over the lic plate) fixed the problem.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 AM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good to hear. my reply should be a sticky on this forum. but im probably violating some kind of rule by requesting this. perhaps i am interfering with the sale of rear hatch buttons from GM or something which is obviously restricted on the forum.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I just noticed for the first time yesterday that when I push on the brake or put the tranny in reverse (manual shift), a click sound comes from the passenger side dash.

my hatch button is fine.

so what gives?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blitzebill
well I just noticed for the first time yesterday that when I push on the brake or put the tranny in reverse (manual shift), a click sound comes from the passenger side dash.

my hatch button is fine.

so what gives?
Man you really need to do a search. This topic has been beaten just about as bad as manual vs. auto threads. Its the brake light relay under the panel in the passenger side of the car. Its totally normal operation. But if it really bothers you that bad, there was a TSB for it where I think GM installed a different relay that was quieter?? But in terms of something being wrong, there isnt. This is totally normal and every car will have it. If anyone with a C6 tells you their car doesnt do it, then they are hard of hearing......and with corvette owners thats a real possibility.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RaceCar
Man you really need to do a search. This topic has been beaten just about as bad as manual vs. auto threads. Its the brake light relay under the panel in the passenger side of the car. Its totally normal operation. But if it really bothers you that bad, there was a TSB for it where I think GM installed a different relay that was quieter?? But in terms of something being wrong, there isnt. This is totally normal and every car will have it. If anyone with a C6 tells you their car doesnt do it, then they are hard of hearing......and with corvette owners thats a real possibility.
I did an extensive search on this and yes did see that it seems to be normal..BUT...

the clicks were never present until just a couple of days ago, and that surprised me.

I figured if it's normal why didn't the clicks happen from day one when I first bought the car?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:15 AM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blitzebill
I did an extensive search on this and yes did see that it seems to be normal..BUT...

the clicks were never present until just a couple of days ago, and that surprised me.

I figured if it's normal why didn't the clicks happen from day one when I first bought the car?
They have been happening from day one. You just never noticed it. There is no way it would just start happening. Its supposed to happen. Thats what relays do.

Quick Reply: C6 clicking in dash?