C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for cheapest smoked tail light covers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Homeboy77
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Would I put something on my car to make it harder to see my brake lights for the dickwad behind me?

I think not.

I just got rear ended. If they repair my car, I will be sure to tell them replace the lenses but not the covers.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 985 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Beltfedbob
Well, it's because I have window film on my house windows so was expecting the film to be somewhat optically correct. If you grade it on that aspect then the film is poor. It came rolled up in a cigar shape package so they are wavy from the get go. If you like the quality, fine but they are not something I would stick to my Corvette and I don't have a Camry so I'm out of luck.

Whatever !!!!!!!
NSF
Old 05-17-2016, 10:44 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

This is what the ones I have look like. I'll send you if you want them.

there is a complete kit here
Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Flbatmobile
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a 6 dollar can of flat black plastic-dip and have many awesome comments. I like the flat better for a contrast against the shiny black color. Easy to apply- tail lights come out with one screw and just apply a light coat. You can see through them fine when lights are on and never had a issue- worst case scenario just peel if off. I found out about this via you-tube.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:53 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 985 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Flbatmobile
I used a 6 dollar can of flat black plastic-dip and have many awesome comments. I like the flat better for a contrast against the shiny black color. Easy to apply- tail lights come out with one screw and just apply a light coat. You can see through them fine when lights are on and never had a issue- worst case scenario just peel if off. I found out about this via you-tube.
Thin coats of Plasti-Dip are difficult to remove though
NSF

Quick Reply: Looking for cheapest smoked tail light covers!