C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 60th Anniversary Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 AM
mtraylor2001
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

After seeing the pictures of the cars in the post, I didn't have any issue's with the color. It wasn't my cup of tea, but not bad. After researching the cars a bit, I found the car that I dont like is the Corvette Pace Car that is yellow and Purple. I was told it was the anniversary car, but indeed it was not.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm a lot more interested in the 61st anniversary Corvette.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jschindler
I could be wrong, but I don't think what people are hating is the anniversary cars themselves, what they are hating is what the anniversary cars are NOT. Meaning that as a high performance car, many of us think the special edition should be more about performance and not just looks. Even Mustang gets it right in that many of their specials have had performance upgrades.
Yeah, but that's pretty much completely unrealistic. Certifying a new engine package is ridiculously expensive and it doesn't pay for a limited run or one-year deal. Not gonna happen.

The suspension is also pretty well maxed-out for normal use. I suppose they could put on Pilot Sport Cups, but people would scream about wear. Or they could do a "Z07" package for the GS, but people would scream about cost.

Corvette mostly doesn't do special high performance packages because when they go to the trouble of designing and certifying a performance improvement, they put it on all the cars they can. The base car in each model IS the special high performance package.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

I like the idea of the diamond white paint and doing the car up similar to the 35th anniversary model. In my opinion, the 35th is the best looking anniversay model out there. The look definitely stood out from the regular 'vette. Anniversary models are usually just an appearance package so why not do it up with a color(white)that has been largely amiss from the C6 lineup?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Torchblue
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As horrible as we may think the 50th is, keep in mind that almost 1/3 of the 2003 cars were anniversary red. Initially the dealers were even selling these cars at a premium and getting it. Obviously this was foolish as they quickly came down as the model year progressed. Today these cars still get a slight premium. Point is no matter what GM paints the car, it will still be a special edition and will sell based on history.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,162 Likes on 1,757 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

50th ann. cars only get a premium over regular 2003 vettes when they have extremely low milage in my opinion..
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,547 Likes on 834 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Instead of a strictly paint, decal, embroidery package it should be this:

A GS coupe/conv. in white or silver (pearl white would never panel match) with it's own 60th emblems equipped with an LS7 MN6. They'd sell everyone they could build. It won't happen but one can dream.

The reason the 50th wasn't gold as it should have been was panel matching. The BG paint system can not get gold to work. They did one 2003 in gold and had to paint it several times to get it right. That's not cost effective and also why there were only 15 cars painted Aztec gold in 1998.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,515 Likes on 1,970 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Instead of a strictly paint, decal, embroidery package it should be this:

A GS coupe/conv. in white or silver (pearl white would never panel match) with it's own 60th emblems equipped with an LS7 MN6. They'd sell everyone they could build. It won't happen but one can dream.

The reason the 50th wasn't gold as it should have been was panel matching. The BG paint system can not get gold to work. They did one 2003 in gold and had to paint it several times to get it right. That's not cost effective and also why there were only 15 cars painted Aztec gold in 1998.
not trying to be funny, but wouldn't you think that 8 and 13 years later, the paint system and process, as well as paints itself, would have gotten better at BG plant? I mean, even if the plant equipment was outdated and non-updated, by now I would think things have changed, new equipment been added, etc.

then again, there was a bankruptcy and tight money.....hmmm, almost forgot that one. cancel the above thoughts. I guess it's badges, stickers and stripes....
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
not trying to be funny, but wouldn't you think that 8 and 13 years later, the paint system and process, as well as paints itself, would have gotten better at BG plant? I mean, even if the plant equipment was outdated and non-updated, by now I would think things have changed, new equipment been added, etc.

then again, there was a bankruptcy and tight money.....hmmm, almost forgot that one. cancel the above thoughts. I guess it's badges, stickers and stripes....
That's all its been for the past few years now: badges, stickers, and stripes. For guys like me who have an "older model" C6, its nice to be able to borrow from the new cosmetic changes as they're all able to retrofit to my '06Z. In terms of performance enhancements, that window has closed. Who would want a 475-500hp grand sport when the C7 is on the horizon? Not me!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannet
Yeah, but that's pretty much completely unrealistic. Certifying a new engine package is ridiculously expensive and it doesn't pay for a limited run or one-year deal. Not gonna happen.

The suspension is also pretty well maxed-out for normal use. I suppose they could put on Pilot Sport Cups, but people would scream about wear. Or they could do a "Z07" package for the GS, but people would scream about cost.

Corvette mostly doesn't do special high performance packages because when they go to the trouble of designing and certifying a performance improvement, they put it on all the cars they can. The base car in each model IS the special high performance package.
I get what you are saying, but not sure I believe that it's all that expensive - especially given what they charge. However, I never said they had to increase hp (although they did for one year in 1996 if you'll recall).

They could add a 3.73 or 3.90 gear, short throw shifter, different tires or perhaps some other changes that can actually enhance the driving experience.

A year ago people supposedly with inside information said it's too expensive to get a different seat certified for safety due to the cost of crash testing this late in the C6 model run - but look what shows up this year - updated seats. And I see optional "sport seats" more and more as factory options in a variety of cars.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM
0Ganley Aurora
Former Vendor

HANG IN THERE GUYS, there are a few surprises for 2013!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,515 Likes on 1,970 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I get what you are saying, but not sure I believe that it's all that expensive - especially given what they charge. However, I never said they had to increase hp (although they did for one year in 1996 if you'll recall).

They could add a 3.73 or 3.90 gear, short throw shifter, different tires or perhaps some other changes that can actually enhance the driving experience.

A year ago people supposedly with inside information said it's too expensive to get a different seat certified for safety due to the cost of crash testing this late in the C6 model run - but look what shows up this year - updated seats. And I see optional "sport seats" more and more as factory options in a variety of cars.
True, true....the "standard" engine for 1996 Corvettes was the LT1 at 300 hp. But the "special engine" for that year only, the "Grand Sport", the "Collector's Edition" and the lowly (but only if manual trans-equipped) base Corvette with the Grand Sport engine (RPO---LT4): 330 hp, 10.8/1 compression, aggressive cam, 6300 rpm redline. It was a BEAST, in its time....

And while this was in the age of OBDII also, it may have been a simpler time for emissions.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by CorvetteConti@Ganley
for example?

updated nav? Maybe something like this?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-corvette.html

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...tte-dashboard/

Last edited by Bluewasp; 11-14-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 PM
CACTI 1
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 162 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Default Alright Rick .....

Originally Posted by CorvetteConti@Ganley
Alright Rick .... Give it up !

Let us in on what you know (:

Just kidding .... don't want to get you in trouble.

Please keep us posted ... when you "can" let us know.

Thanks for all your information.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Just tell us and beg for forgiveness...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
The reason the 50th wasn't gold as it should have been was panel matching. The BG paint system can not get gold to work. They did one 2003 in gold and had to paint it several times to get it right.
That is absolutely right.

Kerbeck in Atlantic City has that car on display. It's also signed by the BG production team.

Click this link and scroll towards the bottom for photos of the car.

http://kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.n...eck_Collection
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Marc,

that Kerbeck website with their muscle car et al collection was really neat !

thx Gary

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 60th Anniversary Corvette

Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Those are some good points - the LT4 surprised the heck out of me.

Crash testing isn't particularly expensive - it just looks expensive. Durability testing and emissions durability testing is expensive.

Short gearing would surprise me, as would anything that would reduce fuel economy.

Maybe they got the bugs worked out of the DI setup and we'll see that a "year early" - now THAT would be exciting. Moving the carbon brakes down-market would also be impressive.

So, maybe you're right. Maybe this will be more like the 40th cars that really had some content, instead of like the 25th and 50th cars.

If the renderings released today pan out, I think I'll for sure be trying for a 2013.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 PM
08 shotgun
Racer

Originally Posted by VET4LES
White is not one of the most popular colors. If you add the two reds there are more reds than any other color. So my guess is it would be RED even though Diamond White is the 60th color.

1) Black (2,891)
2) Torch Red (2,264)
3) Crystal Red (1,419)
4) Supersonic Blue (1,417)
5) Cyber Gray (1,197)
6) Arctic White (1,133)
7) Blade Silver (1,037)
8) Velocity Yellow (867)
9) Inferno Orange (790)
10) Jet stream Blue (581)
What year are these numbers for, 2011? Has Crystal Red returned for 2012? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Yes and no. The 12 seats are NOT new seats.....just a little change in the shoulder/headrest area that did not require recertification of the seats.... The underlying seat structure/frame is indeed the same as the 5-6-7-8-9-10.... Should be a video of Tag talking about this floating about on this site or "another" blog site....

So changes can be made...within limitations....

Quick Reply: 2013 60th Anniversary Corvette