C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Refuses To Sell Dream Corvette To Man With Face Cancer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
NYC-Style
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan

When shopping for a car ladies should wear a dress and men should wear a tuxedo or at the very least a suit.
And that still wouldn't work in some places if you're a person of color...
Old 04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call

They state he was terminally ill and was walked into the dealer after a hard days work etc.

I'm sorry but if I was given two months to live I would not be working. I would spend every minute with family and friends before I checked out.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I went shopping for my new Z 06 I normally would go with sweat paints Yankee shirt 97 Honda beater and when I would drive into most dealerships here in the ny ly nj area dealers would ignore me especialy when I was looking at a new Z ..when I took my 08 vette with me totally different story! It's amazing how you can not judge a book by its cover...
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When shopping for a car ladies should wear a dress and men should wear a tuxedo or at the very least a suit.
Gee, thanks for agreeing . . . I think . . .

Car sales people are people first, and as such, make judgments, rightly or wrongly. When you are a customer or sales staff, you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. That's life, baby.

I was a retail store manager for many years, and one of the hardest things was preventing the sales crew from huddling in a corner telling jokes during the slack times.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:05 AM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was kidding. However you are correct about salespeople, and how they judge potential customers. Yet often the salespeople that judge are the ones you want to stay far away from.

I say dress the way you feel comfortable and you will find a salesperson to help you. To dress up to go car shopping as suggested not by you, but another member is just plain foolish.

No one said "dress up". Dress appropriately was the recommendation.

I'll make another recommendation: improve your reading comprehension skills. Making up comments that were never made just so you can fake a little outrage makes you look lame.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by choprfgr
I called the Honda dealer in Santa Clara
at Stevens Creek to find out if they had a CRZ.
They did - I said I would be over and hung up.
I showed up a couple hours later and even though
a couple of sales guys were just goofing off no one
waited on me. I went and sat in the back of the Cross-over
SUV thing they have and called them. "Hey I want to test out the
CRZ and nobody will help me " / 'When will you be here?' /
"I am here now damnit " / 'where?' / "sitting it the cross-over"

Just sayin'
You're an adult. If you want help from someone, walk up to them or the receptionist and ask for a salesman to help. Sitting somewhere and pouting won't get you anything.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

It doesn't matter how you dress. The sales people will try to sucker everyone out of as much money as they can. Your only hope in dressing differently is to either get ignored or attract more attention, but make no mistake, the sales person will always think "I'm going to bleed all the money I can from this fellow".

And they are right to do so.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:49 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could dress as a clown and the salesperson will see you as a clown to make money off of.

Again if a salesperson avoids you because of how you dress or look, it is a salesperson you do not want helping you at all.
Well put
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
jimb100
Drifting

When are you going to stop following me around and posting personal attacks? Really it is getting old. Last week your comments got a entire thread closed due to your personal attacks and off subject posts.

Let it be...
Lol. You post multiple times in EVERY thread. Everyone on the forum must be following you around!

When are you going to stop making up comments and attributing them to other people?

And by the way, the political forum is farther down the page. Why don't you save your political comments for that forum. They don't belong here. Talk about "off topic".
Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Purdue
I call

They state he was terminally ill and was walked into the dealer after a hard days work etc.

I'm sorry but if I was given two months to live I would not be working. I would spend every minute with family and friends before I checked out.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

There you go again with politics..WTF???..Seriously as was noted by several members in yet another thread you are the only one bringing up politics.

Please stop now and don't get another thread locked. And please stop with the personal attacks. At least this thread it is only me you're attacking. I do not run to the mods when you attack me. But someone else may. Save yourself some trouble and stop.

As stated earlier..Let it be..
Maybe he is referring to your avatar when he mentions politics. You REALLY didn't know that?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Total BS!

Quick Reply: Dealer Refuses To Sell Dream Corvette To Man With Face Cancer