C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 Tail light and running lights out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:10 AM
DCOVette
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06 Tail light and running lights out?

Looking for some help. Have a 2006 z06 and front running lights (orange) and the rear taillights quit working. Fuse # 8 is good but not sure how to check # 38 the big square one. the headlights and break lights work also. Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,358 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by DCOVette
Looking for some help. Have a 2006 z06 and front running lights (orange) and the rear taillights quit working. Fuse # 8 is good but not sure how to check # 38 the big square one. the headlights and break lights work also. Any ideas?
According to my electrical wiring diagrams, it's fuse #8 10A in the engine fuse block for the park/turn signal and fuse #5 15A for the rear stop lights, both activated by relay #37 also found in the engine fuse box.
If both are not working, it could be a bad micro relay #37. That #38 is the relay for the fog lamps.

You can swap relays to see if #37 is good or bad.

Good Luck
Old 04-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Spoon83
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
According to my electrical wiring diagrams, it's fuse #8 10A in the engine fuse block for the park/turn signal and fuse #5 15A for the rear stop lights, both activated by relay #37 also found in the engine fuse box.
If both are not working, it could be a bad micro relay #37. That #38 is the relay for the fog lamps.

You can swap relays to see if #37 is good or bad.

Good Luck

Had the same issue on my Z, changed fuse and no issues since.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:58 AM
DCOVette
8th Gear

I"ve checked all fuses and switched the relays 37 and 38. no luck. i also noticed my fog lights are not working either. i've got no tail lights or parking lights and no fog lights. The brake lights work and headlights work. Any other thoughts?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:31 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DCOVette
I"ve checked all fuses and switched the relays 37 and 38. no luck. i also noticed my fog lights are not working either. i've got no tail lights or parking lights and no fog lights. The brake lights work and headlights work. Any other thoughts?
The relay #38 is for the fog lights, and #37 is for the park (DRL) lights and rear tail lights.
The fuse #22 (15A) is for the fog lights and relay #38 allows power to the lights.

Is it possible that both relays went bad? It's against the odds of that happening, but one never knows. Were the fogs working before you swapped relays?

I'm looking at the wiring schematic for both the Park and Fog circuits, and there is nothing common except the steering column turn signal/multi-function switch. All the circuits are controlled by the BCM.

I have the wiring schematics if you want a copy of them. They are in a PDF format with all the C6 electrical circuits.
It may help.

PM me your e-mail and I can send them to you.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:40 PM
qball9703
6th Gear

Default C6 tail ligts / running lights / flashers not working

The relay #38 is for the fog lights, and #37 is for the park (DRL) lights and rear tail lights.
The fuse #22 (15A) is for the fog lights and relay #38 allows power to the lights.

Is it possible that both relays went bad? It's against the odds of that happening, but one never knows. Were the fogs working before you swapped relays?

I'm looking at the wiring schematic for both the Park and Fog circuits, and there is nothing common except the steering column turn signal/multi-function switch. All the circuits are controlled by the BCM.

I have the wiring schematics if you want a copy of them. They are in a PDF format with all the C6 electrical circuits.
It may help.

I am having similar issues. I have the Eagle Eye LED tail lights installed on a 2008 C6. Intermittently / currently I have NO brake lights, no tail / running lights. Right side tails flash regardless of signal chosen, left side tails do nothing at all. Rear side markers work but flash with the right side tails as do the license plate lights.

When headlights / running lights are on, I have nothing in the rear except for the flashers. I have checked fuse 8, swapped relays 37 & 38, yada yada yada... I am out of state for work and driving around like this.... Just waiting to get pulled over!! Can anyone offer any help at all please? What was your fix if you found one? I am an electrician and have friends in the area that I can borrow tools from if I can narrow it down. I'd also like copies of those schematics please.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:00 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by qball9703
I am having similar issues. I have the Eagle Eye LED tail lights installed on a 2008 C6. Intermittently / currently I have NO brake lights, no tail / running lights. Right side tails flash regardless of signal chosen, left side tails do nothing at all. Rear side markers work but flash with the right side tails as do the license plate lights.

When headlights / running lights are on, I have nothing in the rear except for the flashers. I have checked fuse 8, swapped relays 37 & 38, yada yada yada... I am out of state for work and driving around like this.... Just waiting to get pulled over!! Can anyone offer any help at all please? What was your fix if you found one? I am an electrician and have friends in the area that I can borrow tools from if I can narrow it down. I'd also like copies of those schematics please.

PM sent for you to PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send the wiring schematics for the C6

Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 PM
qball9703
6th Gear

Default Schematics

PM sent for you to PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send the wiring schematics for the C6

LV2TOUR... I refreshed a few times and looked around but no PM from you in my inbox.... I dont use the forum much so am I looking in the right place? Regardless, here is my email... quinthebert@yahoo

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:06 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

LV2TOUR... I refreshed a few times and looked around but no PM from you in my inbox.... I dont use the forum much so am I looking in the right place? Regardless, here is my email... quinthebert@yahoo

Thanks in advance.
E-mail sent

Hope the diagrams help you solve the issues.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:29 AM
wwlandry
1st Gear

Default No Running Lights 2008 c6

It may help.

I am having this same issue. Would you be kind enough to forward the C6 electric schematic to me as well.

Thank you
Will wwlandry@gmail.com
Old 10-17-2019, 12:31 AM
Ricosuave24
Heel & Toe

Default No runningvlight or side marker driver side only!!!

This thing is pissing me off, i replaced all fuses and still same ****, any help? Its only on the driver side.....

Julio.pelliciercruz@yahoo.com
Old 10-17-2019, 07:02 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ricosuave24
This thing is pissing me off, i replaced all fuses and still same ****, any help? Its only on the driver side.....

Julio.pelliciercruz@yahoo.com

I sent you the schematics via e-mail. It's schematic on page 32 of the PDF It appears that the ground wire is the same for both, so check that. Also, the brown wire is common from therelay, so check your connectors to make sure you have no broken wire there, and that your connector contacts are clean.

Good Luck.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 10-17-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:07 AM
Abe Torres
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same issue. No running lights. Head lights, brake lights, and turn signals work but all running lights are inop.
Old 12-12-2021, 02:11 PM
mhouser007
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abe Torres
Same issue. No running lights. Head lights, brake lights, and turn signals work but all running lights are inop.
Abe did you figure out your issue. I just started having a similar problem.

Fuse 8 keeps blowing when lights are turned on. Swapped relay with another and made no difference. Everything on the vehicle works except 4 x side markers, 2 x license plate lights and tail lights when acting as running lights. Tail lights work fine when braking/signalling.

I disconnected all four side markers, the two license plate lamps and all four tail lights and the fuse continues to blow when I turn the lights on.

I do not see any visible signs of shorted wires. All connectors appear ok but car is 9 years old and some connectors are showing some yellowing,

Just curious, when the car is turned off and I check continuity between positive and negative on one of the side marker connectors it shows continuity. Is that normal?
Old 12-12-2021, 08:15 PM
Abe Torres
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Light issue

Mhouser007,
I found that my front driver's side marker had shorted out the circuit. I thought that fixed the problem and it happened again. The harness wiring at the rear driver's side markers had a chafed wire and it was shorting out and blowing the fuse. I repaired the wire and replaced the marker bulbs. My issue was fixed.

There should be an open between positive and negative terminals. I would check each side to chassis ground to find the short. Seems like you have wire chafed in that light.

QUOTE=mhouser007;1604439049]Abe did you figure out your issue. I just started having a similar problem.

Fuse 8 keeps blowing when lights are turned on. Swapped relay with another and made no difference. Everything on the vehicle works except 4 x side markers, 2 x license plate lights and tail lights when acting as running lights. Tail lights work fine when braking/signalling.

I disconnected all four side markers, the two license plate lamps and all four tail lights and the fuse continues to blow when I turn the lights on.

I do not see any visible signs of shorted wires. All connectors appear ok but car is 9 years old and some connectors are showing some yellowing,

Just curious, when the car is turned off and I check continuity between positive and negative on one of the side marker connectors it shows continuity. Is that normal?[/QUOTE]
Old 12-12-2021, 10:23 PM
mhouser007
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either side of the side marker connection to ground shows closed circuit. All markers are showing the same thing. Same goes for license plate lights and tail lights. No matter what I connect to ground or each other everything is closed.

Last edited by mhouser007; 12-13-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:03 AM
z06zoey
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
I sent you the schematics via e-mail. It's schematic on page 32 of the PDF It appears that the ground wire is the same for both, so check that. Also, the brown wire is common from therelay, so check your connectors to make sure you have no broken wire there, and that your connector contacts are clean.

Good Luck.
May you send PDf file to my email as well Please, having the same issure.
jrjwong@gmail.com
Old 10-27-2022, 05:44 PM
Drift Vette
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Tail light and running lights out?

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Tail light and running lights out?