C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Corvette Blendmount Modification

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 PM
DanofNJ
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 Corvette Blendmount Modification

I have a base model corvette C6 with non-dimming rearview mirror. I attempted to install the specific blendmount for my radar detector. All was well and an easy installation until it came time to adjust my rear view mirror. It was hitting the bottom part of the blendmount assembly that is intended to rotate.

Hence, I was forced to modify the mount.

The first step was to mark out the areas to be cut. It would not effect the function of the windshield mount because it locks on the round rubber assembly. The rest of the material is unnecessary.

I machine the piece by simply smoothing the square mount to a triangle configuration.

The sanded area was then painted with automobile flat black paint to match.

The finished base piece was then attached directly to the horizontal mount which secures the metal attachment to the rear of the rearview mirror assembly. It will pivot as before but you can move the entire mount forward, therefore not impeding the rear view mirror.

The result...a blendmount modification which does not cause any interference with the rear view mirror's motion. It still pivots, is secure, and solved my problem.

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette Blendmount Modification