Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] [VIPER MEGA MERGER} C6 Z06 Ties 2008 Viper in MotorTrend....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Cape Cod Bob
Account disabled by user request 2 March 2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98GMEater
I never resorted to childish banter, I simply said that you are delusional . If you want concrete evidence read any car magazine test between the Viper and Corvette from 92 to now, I dont feel the need to provide sources. And please dont get the impression that I dont like Corvettes.

Thank you Nytmerz for understanding what I was saying
You 2 Viper kids don't seem to want to deal with reality so I will give you just a small dose. I'll post more as time goes on (and I have the time to do some more research) but let me give you some data.
Now these are facts taken from the SCCA website. This first dose is from the SCCA autocross Nationals. Lets start with this year 2007.
2007 Hightest finishing Corvette 3rd - Viper 11th
2006 Highest finishing Corvette 3rd - Viper none entered
2005 Highest finishing Corvette 1st - Viper none entered
2003 Highest finishing Corvette 1st - Viper none entered

In 2004 the Corvette took the 1st 43 places and in 2003 they took the first 31 places.

WHERE ARE THE VIPERS??? Could it be that they are just not competitive so no one wants to enter them?

Next well go to the SCCA runoffs for some more reality nuggets.

When this is all finished, we'll see exactly WHO's dilusional.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
laron
Pro

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
He isnt loosing the disscussion, Vipers did beat the snot out of the Vette , until 06-07, now the Viper is back on top, I took many beating from Vipers in my Vettes, that is why I moddded the hell out of my Z06, shortly after I got it, I now have a Viper 99 ACR , very imppressive car, with gears and exhaust Ive beaten some cars that I didnt think I was suposed to beat on multiple occations, this includes the new C6Z06, 2 new lambos, a newer porsche TT, and some pretty stacked LS1 Vettes. I havent had an ecounter with a ferrari yet, but I can say Vipers are no joke. Especially 96 and up, my friend has an 04srt and I wax him at any speed, I really think having gears really inproves the car, going from a stock 3.07 to a 3.55 really makes a huge difference.

Id have to agree with you....When my SRT10 only had 460 rwhp I raced my buddies 2002 ACR that had 430 rwhp plus 3.33 gears vrs my 460 rwhp and 3.07 gears...

We both weighed around 3600 for racing weights. But even with an adittional 30 rwhp his 3.33 geared Viper was able to saty right beside me from 50-140 mph on several ocassions.

3.33 -3.55's will be my next mod after my cam is installed this coming tuesday
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
laron
Pro

You 2 Viper kids don't seem to want to deal with reality so I will give you just a small dose. I'll post more as time goes on (and I have the time to do some more research) but let me give you some data.
Now these are facts taken from the SCCA website. This first dose is from the SCCA autocross Nationals. Lets start with this year 2007.

In 2004 the Corvette took the 1st 43 places and in 2003 they took the first 31 places.

Seriously..SCCA run offs are boring and gay lil 30 second courses that most Viper guys dont give a crap about. I took my 99 rt10 to an SCCA event and it was boring and I never went again.

As far as vettes VS Vipers...Well lets just put it this way...Your current rarest Vette. "The C6Z06" had what..8-10,000 made in 2006 alone? That's more than all SRT10 Vipers made from 2003-2006..

The base C6 had 30,000 in 2006 alone. Well thats about TWICE the number of Vipers made in the world from 1992-2006...

So a small 30 second course like the SCCA run offs isnt were your gonna find a rare breed like the Viper....How many ferrari's ect. you seen doing the SCCA runoffs..

Usually vettes/M3's are about the nicest cars you'll see they're with the ocassional NSX
Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
98GMEater
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Cape Cod Bob

WHERE ARE THE VIPERS??? Could it be that they are just not competitive so no one wants to enter them?

Ok this will most likely be the last response you get from me because its obvious you are unable to comprehend. First off SCCA results are soley based on the skill of that individual owner of the car, not by people who are paid to compare cars for a living. Secondly, you gave several examples in which there wasnt even a Viper in the event so how does that prove any of your claims? So based on your own thinking, if a Corvette finished above an Enzo in the event you would conclude the Corvette is the better vehicle?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 299 Likes on 164 Posts

I never resorted to childish banter, I simply said that you are delusional . If you want concrete evidence read any car magazine test between the Viper and Corvette from 92 to now, I dont feel the need to provide sources. And please dont get the impression that I dont like Corvettes.

Thank you Nytmerz for understanding what I was saying
I just call it as I see it, I own both Viper and Vette, I am not brand loyal, I think both cars are great. 99.9% of the people that bash Vipers have never even sat in one. Ive been a corvette owner for 16 years and decided to mix it up and buy a Viper, the experience alone is nothing like Ive ever had. In my vettes people would always look, in the Viper people are whipping out their cell phones and taking pictures and Video's, its crazy!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:37 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I just call it as I see it, I own both Viper and Vette, I am not brand loyal, I think both cars are great. 99.9% of the people that bash Vipers have never even sat in one. Ive been a corvette owner for 16 years and decided to mix it up and buy a Viper, the experience alone is nothing like Ive ever had. In my vettes people would always look, in the Viper people are whipping out their cell phones and taking pictures and Video's, its crazy!

Best of both worlds --- Eh, Bro!?

Cheers to you for owning the best.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:17 AM
427 C6Z
Racer

Originally Posted by 2KZ28CAM
Best of both worlds --- Eh, Bro!?

Cheers to you for owning the best.
Both are no doubt awesome expressions of what the American Muscle Car is all about. That stated, is there any detailed data out there to support the Viper performing with results similar to those noted in this link?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1874966

If so, please post as it would be fun to compare
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 AM
427 C6Z
Racer

Default ...and one more for consideration

Accordingly to the latest C & D testing, stock verse stock, the Z is still King of the Road...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZtbeiYJeJg

Gotta love both cars though...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Cape Cod Bob

Ok this will most likely be the last response you get from me because its obvious you are unable to comprehend. First off SCCA results are soley based on the skill of that individual owner of the car, not by people who are paid to compare cars for a living. Secondly, you gave several examples in which there wasnt even a Viper in the event so how does that prove any of your claims? So based on your own thinking, if a Corvette finished above an Enzo in the event you would conclude the Corvette is the better vehicle?
It's simple! When the Viper shows up, it gets beat. And secondly, if the Viper WERE a better performing car than the Corvette, don't you think these drivers would be running them? Why are there no Vipers at many of these events???? Because you can't win with a Viper!!! End of story!

Stick around as I'll be posting some more race results for ya. Maybe you can take them back to your Viper forum and post them there.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Who auto crosses a Viper?

Try using the real race results, T1, WCGT, etc and I think you'll see a few more vipers amongst the leaders. Not saying they are better, but using auto-x is pointless.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Cape Cod Bob

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Who auto crosses a Viper?

Try using the real race results, T1, WCGT, etc and I think you'll see a few more vipers amongst the leaders. Not saying they are better, but using auto-x is pointless.
Not sure why you would say auto-x results are pointless but I've heard stranger things on these forums.

And if you read my next to last line......

I don't have the time to do one mega-result-post so I'll post various "racing" events that are staged on a "national" scale for the Viper boys so they can digest the results. Hopefully they will see that their claims of the Viper being a superior vehicle to the Corvette not only falls on deaf ears but are not backed up by any "real world" racing results.

I understand why they want to post their chest poundings here on a Corvette forum. It's always fun to see how they rationalize how their car is superior to the competition.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Not sure why you would say auto-x results are pointless but I've heard stranger things on these forums.

I don't have the time to do one mega-result-post so I'll post various "racing" events that are staged on a "national" scale for the Viper boys so they can digest the results. Hopefully they will see that their claims of the Viper being a superior vehicle to the Corvette not only falls on deaf ears but are not backed up by any "real world" racing results.

I understand why they want to post their chest poundings here on a Corvette forum. It's always fun to see how they rationalize how their car is superior to the competition.
When comparing a Vette to a Viper, auto-x times are pointless. You're comparing 43 corvettes to 1 Viper and considering that a win?

I dont know why people dont auto-x Vipers, or who has even tried, but the majority of people are looking for cheaper cars with smaller wheelbase and the Viper doesnt fit either. Also try the fact that there are about 1 million (exaggerated) more corvettes than vipers and you'll see more corvettes at ANY event than you will Vipers. In fact I'd bet 43-1 is only Portion of the real number of production vettes to vipers.

And the vipers that do compete are obviously NOT at the auto-x. They seem to do very well on the road course, which is more applicable to the two cars anyways.

I'm not involved in this superior than what bench racing, but you could do the same thing with the Corvette vs the racier Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc and get the same result, and that doesnt prove a thing. Sheer numbers are not what makes a car better at anything.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

And Vice versa, how many Vipers have you driven Cape Cod BoB?, I can bet you never even sat in one ,(tell me I'm wrong) how much real world racing do you do?, cause I can tell you one thing, the "real world racing guys on this board dont have to google times, they post their own. Each car has its strong points and weaks points, The Viper is suprerior in some ways, and the Corvette is superior in some ways PERIOD. Until you experience both cars, all your data really doesnt prove anything, but the point that for every 200 corvettes you see on the road, you see one Viper, and before you call me a Viper Boy, check my signature and how many years Ive been on this board. I call Myself the CORVIPER Man. Some of you guys have become worse than the people on the Viper boards, I supspect that is from the decade of beatings the Viper has given the Vette, I took those beating also, but have no ill towards such a great looking fantastic performing car, that is why I bought one.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 01-04-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Mark Little
Pro

Originally Posted by BAD Z06
so here's the thing...most "car guys" will appreciate both cars. Most "people" will think that something with 100 more horsepower would be a lot quicker than the Z06..at least using your comparison...or at least not brag about it with words like "sorry guys"..as if something really wrong just happened. Watched the video...nice car...worth posting a thread making it seem as if its that much better than a Z06...not so sure about that...
Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by heavychevy
When comparing a Vette to a Viper,er. Also try the fact that there are about 1 million (exaggerated) more corvettes than vipers and you'll see more corvettes at ANY event than you will Vipers. In fact I'd bet 43-1 is only Portion of the real number of production vettes to vipers.
You arent exaggerating I am pretty sure there are 1 million more corvettes made, but of course I'm going back to 1953 regardless there is less than 40 thousand Vipers in exixtance, they make that in one year of production for corvettes. Only simular in performance, nothing else.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 AM
evo8 MR
Racer

Congrats on your Viper, it is an awesome car. I wish I can have a Viper and a Z06 in my garage but I chose to have a Z06 for many reasons.
Anyways, as per the performance numbers on the Viper vs the Z06 what you posted is totally unnoticeable, it takes no mods and no money to match a Viper, remember, the Z is always lighter. Gas mileage will always be better in a Vette and the interior is more comfy on the vette as well..like I said, many reasons why I chose the Vette over the Viper but I still have to congratulate you for your car.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM
evo8 MR
Racer

Originally Posted by SB60
Who cares! Enjoy your American built car! If it wasn't for the Viper, I doubt the Corvette would be as good as it is today. The Z06 may not even be here if not for the competition from the Dodge Viper. When you come on a Corvette forum and announce you are buying a Viper and that it is faster you will bring out all the nasty comments from the peanut gallery! Not me! Enjoy your new toy and I'll still wave at ya! The Viper was the best thing to happen to the Corvette.

SB
Excuse me but the Vettes have been in the roads since the 50's..and where were the Vipers at? EXACTLY!!!!!!

You seen to be very lose and confused, does the Callaway twinturbo rings the bell?, it was produced in the mid 80s. Where were the Vipers at? How about the ZR1's? Have you heard of them?, they were the fastest poduction cars in the world for many years, that was before the Vipers..

You just know none!!

Last edited by evo8 MR; 11-22-2008 at 01:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To [VIPER MEGA MERGER} C6 Z06 Ties 2008 Viper in MotorTrend....

Old 11-22-2008, 01:21 AM
MChicado
Racer

Freedom of choice! It would be a very sad world if we wanted the same car, same spouse (wife), same home, same job, living in the same state and in the same town!! I bought my Z06 because IMHO it is the best bang for the buck.... PERIOD!!! And as icing on the cake the Z06 is somewhat an edaily driver capable car with a very extensive aftermarket support base. It is a very hard combination to beat no matter how you dice it!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:20 AM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My buddy is running consistent 11.4 at 128 in his bone stock 08 Viper. I beat him on the street, but at the track he got me by a few cars.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
xkilo16x
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 51 Posts

Throwing out the driver variable, stock for stock, an 08 Viper will clearly beat the Z by several car lengths from a roll. Simple mods on an 08, such as headers, catback, and a K&N filter, will easily put it around 570rwhp to 590 rwhp. They are coming out with a MOPAR tune for the cars, supposedly, with that, they can touch base on 610-620rwhp. So basically bolt ons, and this car can make 600+rwhp. Zs have trouble braking 500+rwhp with bolt ons.

...... But if my plan was to just do bolt ons to either car, then I'd buy an 08 Viper. Not the case though, Z's, IMO, can make more power, more conveniently, and probably more economically.

The 08 Viper is, undoubtedly, a sexy car in SSG w/ coilvoers and SSR wheels though.

Quick Reply: [Z06] [VIPER MEGA MERGER} C6 Z06 Ties 2008 Viper in MotorTrend....