Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] warped rotors at 10,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 9,045 Likes on 5,389 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hi Eric - good to hear they are taking care of you!!!

Make sure you get the old rotors!!!

If you don't want them, I'll take 'em!!!

Bob
I doubt they will give him the old rotors if they warranty them. However, if you do get them put me second in line. I get about 6 days use out of a rotor before I crack it.

Bill
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Daytona-flyer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hi Eric - good to hear they are taking care of you!!!

Make sure you get the old rotors!!!

If you don't want them, I'll take 'em!!!

Bob

Sorry Bob, they turned the old rotors. Nice job though. Lots of metal needed to be removed.

Eric
Old 01-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Mark Roach
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2017 GS w/ 7500 miles. Just got back from Rick Hendrick. All four rotors out of lateral runout. I'm told this usually occurs when the lugs are not equally torqued but there are other causes. Replaced them all under warranty . Also had them check for bent wheels, both rear wheels are bent. Won't cover under warranty but I expected this. Going to repair and replace with forged wheels. I'll use the alloy for winter tires or something.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 828 Posts

Post this to C7 Mark, you're in C6 now.
Glad GM came through on rotors.
Shame GM won't accept liability for their awfully cheap C7 GS/Z06 wheels.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Roach (01-05-2020)
Old 01-31-2022, 07:54 PM
ScrapMaker
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I always found these threads funny, but just for fun, I tried this bedding procedure a few times over the last 10,000 miles. It didn't work, of course. I just did a long drive up and down the mountain today really getting the rotors hot, doing the procedure, then allowing to cool. Then trying again. I probably did it 10 times over the course of 3-4 hours. Absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

I started to feel my warped rotors at about 15k miles. I finally ordered new rotors and pads, but I figured I'd humor these posts and try it again. Going to take measurements and videos of the rotors as I take them off.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:52 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
I always found these threads funny, but just for fun, I tried this bedding procedure a few times over the last 10,000 miles. It didn't work, of course. I just did a long drive up and down the mountain today really getting the rotors hot, doing the procedure, then allowing to cool. Then trying again. I probably did it 10 times over the course of 3-4 hours. Absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

I started to feel my warped rotors at about 15k miles. I finally ordered new rotors and pads, but I figured I'd humor these posts and try it again. Going to take measurements and videos of the rotors as I take them off.
First of all, this thread is about 12 years old - you should have started a new thread as it is against forum rules to revive an old thread.

Secondly, if your rotors are warped, the bedding in procedure won't do any good. The bedding in procedure is meant to bed new brake pads to your rotors, and sometimes to eliminate a squeal, not to straighten out/fix warped rotors. Even turning the rotors probably won't help depending on how bad they are warped, which sounds like they are pretty bad if you can feel it. You more than likely need to get new rotors.
The following users liked this post:
REDZED2 (02-03-2022)

Quick Reply: [Z06] warped rotors at 10,000 miles?