Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need help on 2006 Z06 equipment

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 PM
ryshla3
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Need help on 2006 Z06 equipment

I have never really priced or bothered to keep track of the different trim levels on the Z06 models because their cost was too high for me to consider new. I recently saw a 2006 Z06 model for sale here at a local dealer, a velocity yellow. However I tried to do some research on the trim levels. From what I can tell, there were two, a base 1LZ and an upgraded 2LZ. Am I correct? What would be the differences? This car has painted silver wheels and I could see it has the H.U.D. Any other info would be great.

On a side note, I was looking through this section of the forum as was shocked to learn of the rocker arm needle bearing issue and was wondering if the previous owner of this car had this issue and if it was taken care of. However I may have to make friends quickly with a Chevy tech and see if they can run the vin,
Old 05-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

For 2006, you're right. Most are 2LZ.
Rockers not an issue on '06.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
hiznhrz
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

I think things the 2LZ package includes that the 1LZ do not are heated seats, seat memory package, premium sound, telescoping steering, cargo cover & net, and auto dimming rearview mirror.

The 2LZ also allowed the selection of either an in-dash 6 disk CD/MP3 player or a navigation system.

The easiest/fastest way I've found to tell the trim package is to look for the heated seat switches just under either the radio or the Nav system. Hope this helps.

By the way, I have a 2006 Z06. It's simply an incredible car. Best of luck with your decision.

Last edited by hiznhrz; 05-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
ryshla3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hiznhrz
I think things the 2LZ package includes that the 1LZ do not are heated seats, seat memory package, premium sound, telescoping steering, cargo cover & net, and auto dimming rearview mirror.

The 2LZ also allowed the selection of either an in-dash 6 disk CD/MP3 player or a navigation system.

The easiest/fastest way I've found to tell the trim package is to look for the heated seat switches just under either the radio or the Nav system. Hope this helps.

By the way, I have a 2006 Z06. It's simply an incredible car. Best of luck with your decision.
Thank you for your help. I believe it is probably a 1LZ. I will look next time for the heated seats but I did not remember seeing the memory buttons on the door trim panel and I certainly don't remember seeing an auto dimming mirror (I Looked for it). Come to think of it, I did not see the cargo cover either and now I'm guessing the 1LZ probably didn't offer the side air bags as well. I'm mostly concerned about the rocker arm bearing issue but will look into it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Yep just look for the heated seats.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Yep, heated seats....the button/switch is under the ac controls on center....NOT doors.

The "rocker arm needle bearing" issue was NOT with the 2006 model year (MY). It was the 2007. I have NOT heard it occuring in quiet some time. Personally, I would NOT make that an issue. I have NOT read where 2006 (MY) was involved....Get a GMPP warranty if your worried about it.

These are AWESOME cars. Crazy powerful and FAST.....will blow away most anything (in stock form) on the road. I love my 427 Vette. They are rides.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car's an 06' 1LZ with not a single option box checked, and far from a stripper. Really not much on the extra stuff I'd never use, and avoided the Bose audio. Some odd deletion's like no cargo net/cover, as noticed this right away stopping at the market coming from the dealer, and had soup can's rolling all over the place. Picked up the net and dimming mirror from Culley's part's house, and never been wanting for anything else.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
My car's an 06' 1LZ with not a single option box checked, and far from a stripper. Really not much on the extra stuff I'd never use, and avoided the Bose audio. Some odd deletion's like no cargo net/cover, as noticed this right away stopping at the market coming from the dealer, and had soup can's rolling all over the place. Picked up the net and dimming mirror from Culley's part's house, and never been wanting for anything else.
Most people do NOT understand that ANY Corvette, be it a regular C6, GS, Z06 or ZR1-they are WELL equipped in their BASE FORM. The additional options are as stated above, usually things you never use.

I think the head up display has always been standard in Z06/ZR1 but was optional in C6 base. You had to get the 3LT pkg to have it which IMO is GREAT, especially with the navigation integration onto heads up display. I never knew it did that until I used it one day.....
Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
hiznhrz
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ryshla3
I'm mostly concerned about the rocker arm bearing issue but will look into it.
The needle bearing rocker issue was only a problem with a very specific set of 2007 Z06's specified by VIN numbers. Buy the 2006 and enjoy it. You will not be sorry...
Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,179 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by tim414
Most people do NOT understand that ANY Corvette, be it a regular C6, GS, Z06 or ZR1-they are WELL equipped in their BASE FORM. The additional options are as stated above, usually things you never use.

I think the head up display has always been standard in Z06/ZR1 but was optional in C6 base. You had to get the 3LT pkg to have it which IMO is GREAT, especially with the navigation integration onto heads up display. I never knew it did that until I used it one day.....
HUD has been standard in every Z06 since MY2002. Was not available for MY2001.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,179 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by hiznhrz

In MY2006, the RPO US9 6-disc CD in-dash player with Boise Premium Sound was a free floating option. I ordered it for my 06Z 1LZ base car. In later years, GM removed the free floating option status and forced you to go to 2LZ or higher PEG to get the US9 radio if memory serves me.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
ryshla3
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. I am quite familiar with the regular car's options as I've often dreamt of how I would order or, like to have the C6 equipped if I got the chance to buy one. As I said earlier, I never considered the Z06 but seeing this one and the possibility of getting a good price has me intrigued.

Trying to find an option list on the car 5 years later was hard to do on the internet but eventually I found some info but I really appreciate being able to verify with the best of the best, CF's finest here. Thanks for the advice.

Personally, this is a 1LZ car. And that's fine with me. Certainly don't need factory nav, (why for $150 you can get a portable Garmin), and in my business, dealing with auto suppliers, I can get any parts cheap, like the cargo net, and just add them to the car.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

The navigation you can get a much better one from pioneer/kenwood. The one thing I really do like is the heated seats. I do live in Utah though and do drive the car when it's cold outside.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 693 Likes on 514 Posts

There is not a whole bunch I can add to this conversation. These guys got it narrowed down. Good luck on your purchase.
Brent
GM Customer Service

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on 2006 Z06 equipment

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need help on 2006 Z06 equipment