Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Reduced Engine Power codes P2122 & P2127

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 AM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Reduced Engine Power codes P2122 & P2127

So I was at my buddy's shop yesterday and they wanted to hear how the car sounded with the new setup... I gave it a little rev and the car went into reduced engine power and threw up codes P2122 & P2127 which come out as Accelerator Pedal Position sensor... Now I know you gotta buy a whole pedal assembly just to get the sensor for the pedal but is there anything else I would need...? I took the CAI off and there's nothing interfering with the TB blade... It moves fine when I push on it... Any help would be great...

Last edited by LS7 BUD; 07-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 AM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Does anyone know where i can buy just the sensor or the whole pedal assembly...? Even just a part number would help... Thanks...
Old 12-15-2017, 04:37 PM
LS3_Beast
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Bad Gad Pedal position sensor/ Throttle body position sensor

Hi, I got the exact same problem in my 2008 Z06 H/C/I... was driving home on the freeway and all of a sudden my gas pedal did not work anymore at all. My "reduced engine power" light came on along with the "service traction control" light and "check engine" light... The car got 2 codes P2122 and P2127. Both codes have to do with the "throttle/pedal position sensor." Code P2127 says "Switch "E" circuit low input" and code P2122 says "Switch "D" circuit low input." The car turns right on and idles perfectly fine and smooth, however the gas pedal will not work at all when I press it. I got the car home (at 10mph) by putting it in 1st gear and letting off the clutch, the car accelerated by itself since the gas pedal is not working at all. I then went into 2nd gear and 3rd was the highest gear the car would allow without stalling... How did you fix yours? What was wrong with it? Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old 12-16-2017, 02:15 AM
corvettenutz
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ensure that the in-line harness connector seals are installed correctly. Improper installation could result in water intrusion into the connector and cause a DTC to set.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:05 PM
LS3_Beast
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettenutz
Ensure that the in-line harness connector seals are installed correctly. Improper installation could result in water intrusion into the connector and cause a DTC to set.
Thank you, upon closer inspection the accelerator position sensor was broken... I don't know how this got damaged but it was cracked. I think that's why it threw the car off. I will double check the connectors to avoid any other issues too
The following users liked this post:
Landru (12-17-2017)
Old 03-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Parth
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3_Beast
Thank you, upon closer inspection the accelerator position sensor was broken... I don't know how this got damaged but it was cracked. I think that's why it threw the car off. I will double check the connectors to avoid any other issues too
I had the same issue, the sensor itself snapped, replacing the pedal assembly fixed it, to me it looks like a terrible design, plastic is way too thin there.

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced Engine Power codes P2122 & P2127

Quick Reply: [Z06] Reduced Engine Power codes P2122 & P2127