Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New centennial zr1 owner:)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 10:22 PM
Joey D
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by foundvettelifeisgood
I just hope your dad doesn't notice when you swap the awesome BC Forged's for the cup wheels! Congrats!
funny you mention that. I figured I could Give him the stock wheels off the zr1 and order 2 more BC fronts to clear the zr1 brakes. Time frame for that depends on if I’m replacing the isolation coupler and bricks first (as a preventative measure)
Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 AM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey D
funny you mention that. I figured I could Give him the stock wheels off the zr1 and order 2 more BC fronts to clear the zr1 brakes. Time frame for that depends on if I’m replacing the isolation coupler and bricks first (as a preventative measure)
So I did some bolt ons to mine, but when my installer was in there one of my bricks was leaking! So needless to say I was very fortunate that I was doing the upgrades at that time. I was able to get new bricks and have them reinforced. At that time mine was at 30K miles. My coupler was ok but also got replaced with my upgrades. So definitely good to check both!
I did the LPE 710 kit, ceramic coated AR headers 1 7/8 catless and Borla ATAK exhaust (new reinforced bricks as mentioned). 660/657 to the wheels. In case you were curious. Zero affect on drivability. Runs and drives like a champ. Just a LOT better sounding. LOL
Old 09-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Joey D
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by NotreOkc
So I did some bolt ons to mine, but when my installer was in there one of my bricks was leaking! So needless to say I was very fortunate that I was doing the upgrades at that time. I was able to get new bricks and have them reinforced. At that time mine was at 30K miles. My coupler was ok but also got replaced with my upgrades. So definitely good to check both!
that’s my real concern given the fact I have 21 k miles. The balancer, the gas odor and the coupler are my 3 worries w this car. This is my 3rd c6... it ll be the first one I attempt to keep stock. It s hard not to want to upgrade the interior (head unit, steering wheel, and crappy bezels .
The following users liked this post:
NotreOkc (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 08:10 AM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey D
that’s my real concern given the fact I have 21 k miles. The balancer, the gas odor and the coupler are my 3 worries w this car. This is my 3rd c6... it ll be the first one I attempt to keep stock. It s hard not to want to upgrade the interior (head unit, steering wheel, and crappy bezels .
I changed out my head unit 2 weeks ago, LOL. I just could not take it anymore as I already had a complete aftermarket stereo in her.

Quick Reply: New centennial zr1 owner:)