Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Hooker Blackheart NPP Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 01:06 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 938 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by iwantaz06now
The stock system weighs a total of 52lbs.

Do Corsa Xtreme. Less weight, better ride comfort in cabin, larger 4.5" tips and louder on the outside when you get on it. I do have one I'm selling.
Ideally we get a measurement on the same scale.....I would be really happy if it was only 5 lbs more or so.....I was figuring it was easily double that

-Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
Old 08-15-2023, 01:28 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Did you weigh the stock system on the same scale??

Fingers crossed that you did!!

-Tony
no. But the stocker is in the garage waiting to be weighed on the same scale. Haven’t got around to do it. I’ll do it today. I would have texted it to you Tony as I promised. Been busy with house projects. So house has been a mess. I’ll get it don’t today and post my findings.
Old 08-15-2023, 04:45 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Honestly its just a really good choice for the guys that don't want an obnoxiously loud Z06 and want the ability to adjust the volume of the exhaust based on their mood or situation.
this is exactly what im looking for. My OEM mufflers rattle like crazy and sound like the internals have come apart. I think this exhaust system will suit me best keeping the noise down when pulling into the driveway with the flaps closed.

Anyone know who has the best deal on these? Looks like only Holley direct sells it.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:47 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Maligator
this is exactly what im looking for. My OEM mufflers rattle like crazy and sound like the internals have come apart. I think this exhaust system will suit me best keeping the noise down when pulling into the driveway with the flaps closed.

Anyone know who has the best deal on these? Looks like only Holley direct sells it.
Email me.....Im a distributor for Holley and can help you

tony@mamomotorsports.com

Regards,
Tony
Old 08-16-2023, 07:36 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Email me.....Im a distributor for Holley and can help you

tony@mamomotorsports.com

Regards,
Tony
Will do! thanks!
Old 08-22-2023, 01:48 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

weighed the stock exhaust on same scale as i weighed the hooker. 52 pounds. 25.5 per side without the clamps. clamps weigh about 1 pound. 51 plus 1 ends up at 52 total. The hooker weighed in at 57 pounds. 5 pound difference.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:35 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Nosferatu333
weighed the stock exhaust on same scale as i weighed the hooker. 52 pounds. 25.5 per side without the clamps. clamps weigh about 1 pound. 51 plus 1 ends up at 52 total. The hooker weighed in at 57 pounds. 5 pound difference.
Im thrilled with that info honestly.....this is a high flow system that wont hold back any power that sounds great at WOT and is still reasonably quiet with zero drone with the valves closed.

The larger tips look more aggressive as well. Its the have your cake and eat it too exhaust system IMO and its what I will be running shortly

I was afraid there might be a large weight penalty attached.....5 lbs is nothing.....its not even the weight of a gallon of gas

Thanks for sharing all the info!

-Tony

Old 08-23-2023, 09:10 AM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Im thrilled with that info honestly.....this is a high flow system that wont hold back any power that sounds great at WOT and is still reasonably quiet with zero drone with the valves closed.

The larger tips look more aggressive as well. Its the have your cake and eat it too exhaust system IMO and its what I will be running shortly

I was afraid there might be a large weight penalty attached.....5 lbs is nothing.....its not even the weight of a gallon of gas

Thanks for sharing all the info!

-Tony
Your welcome.

great system. Now if they would only make it in titanium….I’d pay the premium. Put it in their suggestion box Tony!
Old 06-26-2024, 11:20 AM
island66
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, guys. Just a heads up... I ordered this exhaust system yesterday from Tony @ Mamo Motorsports. He was extremely helpful, responsive and saved me some money as well. Can't wait to get it installed!
Old 06-26-2024, 11:36 AM
Corvetteexhaustsystems
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Hope you have no quality issues!

Corsa Xtreme is currently 15% off with me if anyone wants the real deal made in USA goodness with less drone.
201-575-0861 (cell to call or text)
Your Ultimate Resource For Headers, Exhaust Systems & more for Corvette! I carry Corsa, Kooks, ARH, Borla, Billy Boat, Akrapovic, Capristo & Much More

Old 06-28-2024, 08:01 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Corvetteexhaustsystems
Hope you have no quality issues!
If I knew this was such a big issue, I wouldn't have purchased this system. I read many posts where people didn't complain about it, but I'm floored on how they put this together. Was mine system a monday morning hang over or was the assembler just blind? I cant believe how misaligned the tips are. Dont get me wrong, the sound is awesome, its stock quite with the valves closed and rowdy as hell open. Wish I weighed the price of other systems versus the headache im dealing with.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:18 PM
Corvetteexhaustsystems
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator
If I knew this was such a big issue, I wouldn't have purchased this system. I read many posts where people didn't complain about it, but I'm floored on how they put this together. Was mine system a monday morning hang over or was the assembler just blind? I cant believe how misaligned the tips are. Dont get me wrong, the sound is awesome, its stock quite with the valves closed and rowdy as hell open. Wish I weighed the price of other systems versus the headache im dealing with.
Yeah unfortunately its been hit or miss with my customers too with the dual mode hookers.

If you do decide you want to switch over to a Corsa option 15% off runs through this Sunday!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Hooker Blackheart NPP Exhaust!