Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

don't buy from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet! Got burned!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:50 AM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default don't buy from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet! Got burned!

Bought a 2008 convertable over the internet and it was totally misrepresented to me.
It was the one in Buford Ga. first time I bought a car without putting eyes on THEE car and learned my lesson! Please PM me for more info.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97coupechuck
Bought a 2008 convertable over the internet and it was totally misrepresented to me.
It was the one in Buford Ga. first time I bought a car without putting eyes on THEE car and learned my lesson! Please PM me for more info.
Sorry about your luck but you didn't have anyone checkout the car before you purchased it? That is YOUR fault. I wouldn't buy a car from GOD without having someone check it out first if I was unable. Again I am sorry but this isn't all their fault. Good luck getting whatever issues you have with the car fixed.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Corvette's are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Why buy one you can't see before you buy? Makes no sense.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:11 PM
ZeekDuff
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tell the whole story!!!

I think you should give whatever info you can, right here. If word of this gets to Hendrick, he might actually DO something about it for you. This forum is read by a LOT more people than just those who post frequently, and Rick Hendrick does have a reputation to protect. Personally, I don't like him or Terry Michaelis of Proteam, because they suck up all the decent Vettes they can at auctions. I also don't like "Collectors" who take stuff out of use and out of reach of the rest of us. But, that's far different than ripping off someone by misrepresenting what they're selling. If I were you, I'd post every detail of the transaction, the original ad you saw, everything you can think of, here. Then, I'd write Hendrick's VP of Sales, and tell him to check out this thread, and tell him that you think HE should personally make the sour deal RIGHT. Just my 2¢...

Best regards,
Zeek Duff
Longmont, CO
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Wouldn't think one car sale would be that important to Rick H. himself. Especially if it generates bad publicity. Might be worthwhile to get past Buford, Ga. and find someone further up the chain.

Good luck.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM
fox 2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought lots of cars without seeing them ,I found they were always better than they discribed.You should post details so they can defend themselves .If you are correct they sould make it right.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that if the car was misrepresented it is not the buyers fault. If specific questions were asked and the car was not as described I would expect something to be done. You should disclose everything here and I am sure people will chime in if you were at fault or not.

Have you contacted the seller?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,285 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
Sorry about your luck but you didn't have anyone checkout the car before you purchased it? That is YOUR fault. I wouldn't buy a car from GOD without having someone check it out first if I was unable. Again I am sorry but this isn't all their fault. Good luck getting whatever issues you have with the car fixed.
Malarkey....Cars are bought and sold everyday without a visual....Most are represented correctly....My Corvette was bought site unseen from another state. You do depend on the representation being correct...and it should be, especially by a dealer.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Malarkey....Cars are bought and sold everyday without a visual....Most are represented correctly....My Corvette was bought site unseen from another state. You do depend on the representation being correct...and it should be, especially by a dealer.
You are correct things are bought sight unseen everyday and THIS happens sometimes. Bottom line is if someone looked at the car for the OP we wouldn't be writing about it. I don't care that most are represented correctly. Some aren't. Who cares if 99/100 times things go fine sight unseen there is that one time. If you look at the car there won't be that issue. IJS.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:24 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oh Really

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
Not saying the most prudent process wouldn't be to check it out or have someone do it for you - BUT - what makes misrepresenting a vehicle OK??
If they misrepresented the car - especially online - then they are 100% at fault.

Haven't heard the other side but just can take it when someone says they lied but it isn't their fault. "The Dumbing of America"
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
sub_zero
Intermediate

I think gunterwalker is not understanding "misrepresenting". The vette might have been advertised as clean title but it actually was salvage/theft/etc. Something that even if the op had someone "check out" the car might not be able to see. Regardless. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ufaj26
Wouldn't think one car sale would be that important to Rick H. himself. Especially if it generates bad publicity. Might be worthwhile to get past Buford, Ga. and find someone further up the chain.

Good luck.
Who said Rick did this? Just because his name is on the business doesn't mean he's in every transaction. And plenty of car lots screw people. One tried to on some guy that won an ebay bid on an SRT8 Challenger and only gave in due to it being all over the net.

Post all the info up bro. If he did you wrong blast his butt. Did you save the ad from the website you found it on?

And the guy that said it's your fault for not looking at the car. STFU.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 04-15-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dquagliaroli
Not saying the most prudent process wouldn't be to check it out or have someone do it for you - BUT - what makes misrepresenting a vehicle OK??
If they misrepresented the car - especially online - then they are 100% at fault.

Haven't heard the other side but just can take it when someone says they lied but it isn't their fault. "The Dumbing of America"
Originally Posted by sub_zero
I think gunterwalker is not understanding "misrepresenting". The vette might have been advertised as clean title but it actually was salvage/theft/etc. Something that even if the op had someone "check out" the car might not be able to see. Regardless. Thanks for the heads up!
If the car was said to have a clean title and the car had a salvage title that's totally misrepresenting. When I was looking for a car I went and saw 2 that the owners said were "very clean" and they weren't very clean to me. I personally felt that those were misrepresenting what the cars were. The pictures of the cars looked very nice. If I had purchased the car I would've felt that the owners "misrepresented" to me. The Vette is the first car I have ever purchased that wasn't brand new so really the whole buying a used car is new to be but the stigma of buying a used car really made me cautious. Regardless the OP didn't give us any details so all this specualtion is for nothing since we don't know the whole story. If the car was said to have been a very clean car and he found it not so much thats kind of where I was coming from (its all in the eye of the beholder.) If he was told he was buying a clean title 08 with 8k miles that was red and got a 07, black, salvage title, with 40k then I would totally blame the dealership. I personally think the story is probably somewhere in the middle but I was just stating that this wouldn't have happened if the car had been looked at. That's all I was trying to say. I wonder if the OP has even tried to contact the dealership to resolve this issue (whatever the issue is?)

Edit: I guess being on the internet what I've said might be taken as me blaming the OP. I'm not meaning for that to happen but this forum is a very useful tool and people on here look at cars for each other all the time. I didn't mean to come off as blasting the OP. The reason I feel so strongly about not buying anything sight unseen is because my father made that mistake with a boat he purchased about 12 years ago. After $15k of fiberglass repair on a boat that had just "cosmetic damage." I really feel for the OP whatever his situation maybe.

Last edited by gunterwalker; 04-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:29 PM
mcff157
Intermediate

There's always three sides to every story. Your side, my side, and what really happened. So far we haven't heard any side. Don't tease me!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Details! We need details!

What is "totally misrepresented"?

You bought a convertible and received a ZR1 instead?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mcff157
There's always three sides to every story. Your side, my side, and what really happened. So far we haven't heard any side. Don't tease me!

The OP did offer to to give the details if you send him a PM. He obviously has his reasons for not posting this on the open forum.
if your really that interested in knowing, send him a PM.
Posting replies that have no relevance to what actually transpired does a disservice to the seller and can cause harm to his business, when in fact he may have done nothing wrong. I'm not saying that is, or is not the situation here. I don't know. Just try to be fair to both parties before you pass judgement.

Get notified of new replies

To don't buy from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet! Got burned!

Quick Reply: don't buy from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet! Got burned!