Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2009 ZR1 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 04:03 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Before the Covid / Biden inflation scam spike began several 09s ZR-1 that were clean and undamaged.... and relatively low miles ( 30 to 40K) were touching the mid fifties in asking price. How could this particular specimen be worth anymore than 45K? It was in early 2020 that these hit the bottom if memory serves me... I was getting a little bit excited about it at the time. Well, as we all know now... add 25 to 30K to the asking price today.

It also begs the question... what is the parted out price point for one of these? How deep would a ZR-1 Corvette lover and potential buyer have to dig to find out the quality of the repairs that should preserve the integrity of the internal structure? I wonder if the repairs were well documented with pictures and measurements.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:09 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrxmax
Before the Covid / Biden inflation scam spike began several 09s ZR-1 that were clean and undamaged.... and relatively low miles ( 30 to 40K) were touching the mid fifties in asking price. How could this particular specimen be worth anymore than 45K? It was in early 2020 that these hit the bottom if memory serves me... I was getting a little bit excited about it at the time. Well, as we all know now... add 25 to 30K to the asking price today.

It also begs the question... what is the parted out price point for one of these? How deep would a ZR-1 Corvette lover and potential buyer have to dig to find out the quality of the repairs that should preserve the integrity of the internal structure? I wonder if the repairs were well documented with pictures and measurements.
Selers need to realize that what happened years ago was an anomaly…..Yes they were in the mid 50”s low 60”s pre Covid ,basic depreciation…Then they ballooned in price …For the sellers that took advantage , then great , just like unloading stock at the right time ..

Now inflation has come down believe it or not so prices should follow …If not then don’t buy ..A car will only sell if it’s fairly priced and the buyer is knowledgeable….

Old 06-18-2024, 04:16 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lights ZR1
I feel that. If mine disappeared I'm not sure I would bat an eyelash. I even toyed with Carvana at one point to be done with it. The financial side of it no longer concerns me. Being happy is paramount.
Carvana... been there done that... How can we insult you regarding the value of your car?

I know a truck driver that worked for Carvana... based on what he told me it's hard to believe they haven't folded up already... they have come close a few times according to him. I wonder what it cost to build a car vending machine? or...

How many cars does a Carvana car vending machine need to sell to JUST pay for the machine itself? We have 4 of them out here in Socal... one is close to me in Escondido... 40 total across the nation...
Old 06-18-2024, 04:33 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Originally Posted by zrc3john
Selers need to realize that what happened years ago was an anomaly…..Yes they were in the mid 50”s low 60”s pre Covid ,basic depreciation…Then they ballooned in price …For the sellers that took advantage , then great , just like unloading stock at the right time ..

Now inflation has come down believe it or not so prices should follow …If not then don’t buy ..A car will only sell if it’s fairly priced and the buyer is knowledgeable….
What happened in 2020 regarding inflation is just another repeat of FED policy affecting interest rates like it has so many times in the past starting in the 1920s.

The difference this time was the additional market stress created by the lockdown and what was considered essential businesses. Thousands of small businesses

nationwide were forced to close and small business is a barometer for how the economy is doing in general. These rules contributed to the making the inflation worse

that it was going to be in the first place. As far as inflation slowing down or receding... well... I guess it comes down to how these numbers are calculated and if they are

deemed reliable. Plenty of people that are sharp about economic cycles have spoken and not all of them are on the TV business channels where the general message is all is well...

even when major tech companies are laying off or talking about laying off thousands. How many of those people pay mortgages and rent?

Or, buy used ZR-1s? if I were to guess I would say most ZR-1 buyers have really good paying jobs or own a business.

Quick Reply: FS: 2009 ZR1 for sale