C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paxton vs Procharger vs Edelbrock E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:53 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paxton vs Procharger vs Edelbrock E-Force

I have been going back and forth for weeks on whether to go turbo or supercharged. Finally I decided supercharged was a way for me. Once I had it nailed down between East Coast superchargers Paxton 1500 or 2200 or the Procharger D1 along comes Edelbrock. A few of the shops I have talked to have said to go with the Edelbrock E-force. I am completely torn again. I know I have gotten paralysis of analysis, but I can't help it. This is a big decision and I want to make sure I'm happy. I think I would like to have around 600 hp at the rear wheels. My car is a new grand sport with an automatic transmission. I would like to keep the car as quiet as possible so you hear the cam. I would very much like any thoughts or comments.

the next time you see a veteran of the United States military. Be sure to thank them.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 PM
turboffr
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by coolhand5599
I think I would like to have around 600 hp at the rear wheels.
stick with your original decision..ECS. I was in the same boat as you and went with their 1500 kit.

in case you want more than 600

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...a-t-shirt.html
Old 07-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I had much of the same thoughts. concerns and standards that you have, and this is what I've found.

The Eforce is a decent peice if you are just going to bolt it on and forget about it. From all I've seen/read/heard, they have issues with the IATs getting way high and staying there, due to the very small heat exchanger and tiny resevoir. The fluid just can't shed the heat fast enough, because there's just not enough of it.

Prochargers will make the power, but they are VERY hit and miss on the noise volume side of it, from near silent to obnoxios loud. I've installed dozens of them, and no 2 were the same.

That's why my GS is going to ECS on Monday morning
Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fordracer9
I had much of the same thoughts. concerns and standards that you have, and this is what I've found.

The Eforce is a decent peice if you are just going to bolt it on and forget about it. From all I've seen/read/heard, they have issues with the IATs getting way high and staying there, due to the very small heat exchanger and tiny resevoir. The fluid just can't shed the heat fast enough, because there's just not enough of it.

Prochargers will make the power, but they are VERY hit and miss on the noise volume side of it, from near silent to obnoxios loud. I've installed dozens of them, and no 2 were the same.

That's why my GS is going to ECS on Monday morning
Great , What all are you doing to it? Keep me posted.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Great , What all are you doing to it? Keep me posted.

1500 kit/tune. On the fence about a few other things that might get done if they have the time.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Chubz77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with above, if you want simple and forget about it then Edelbrock, if you will want more in the future then ECS. I just got my 2200 with meth 08 LS3 back 2 weeks ago. The car drives great idles perfect and is a beast with 680rwhp, I have ported heads and a cam also. I also agree on the noise, my ECS novi is not too loud, I have had prochargers in the past but prefer them for my drag cars
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

these threads are getting old.. It depends on what you want. If you want anything at\under 650rwhp, nothing beats a tvs2300 "assume ebrock is the same", anything over, take your pick of centri's they are all great. They are all reliable and a ton of fun. If you think you are going to pick one and be disaapointed then you are wrong. You cannot go wrong with any of them. All you are going to get in this thread is people who hav a certain brand and cheer about it, simply because they all kickass. A SC vette is a ton of fun no matter what kind is under the hood.

Where are you located? Depending on location maybe a good place to start, the shop that does the install and tune can make or break you as well..
Old 07-17-2010, 05:14 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TrenAman
these threads are getting old.. It depends on what you want. If you want anything at\under 650rwhp, nothing beats a tvs2300 "assume ebrock is the same", anything over, take your pick of centri's they are all great. They are all reliable and a ton of fun. If you think you are going to pick one and be disaapointed then you are wrong. You cannot go wrong with any of them. All you are going to get in this thread is people who hav a certain brand and cheer about it, simply because they all kickass. A SC vette is a ton of fun no matter what kind is under the hood.

Where are you located? Depending on location maybe a good place to start, the shop that does the install and tune can make or break you as well..
Thank you
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

What part of the country are you in? TVS blowers are a blast, but if you live in a hot area you may have to do some mods for the cooling system.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:41 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vertC6

What part of the country are you in? TVS blowers are a blast, but if you live in a hot area you may have to do some mods for the cooling system.

I am in Florida. It is very hot7 months a year.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,375 Likes on 972 Posts

I am in Florida. It is very hot7 months a year.
It's pretty hot here in SE TX too. No problems with hot coolant temps. I'm running a Maggie TVS. The heat exchanger isn't big enough to block the radiator. It's fine for a street machine. If you want to run your vette wide open for extended periods, look elsewhere. I find it a little tough to go wide open throttle for very long on the street. Suits me just fine.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 PM
pdanley
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
stockticker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why for the love of god did u buy an automatic? you can sign your 4856 in the morning...

I have been going back and forth for weeks on whether to go turbo or supercharged. Finally I decided supercharged was a way for me. Once I had it nailed down between East Coast superchargers Paxton 1500 or 2200 or the Procharger D1 along comes Edelbrock. A few of the shops I have talked to have said to go with the Edelbrock E-force. I am completely torn again. I know I have gotten paralysis of analysis, but I can't help it. This is a big decision and I want to make sure I'm happy. I think I would like to have around 600 hp at the rear wheels. My car is a new grand sport with an automatic transmission. I would like to keep the car as quiet as possible so you hear the cam. I would very much like any thoughts or comments.

the next time you see a veteran of the United States military. Be sure to thank them.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stockticker
why for the love of god did u buy an automatic? you can sign your 4856 in the morning...
What is 4856? I bought an auto for several reasons. 1. I hate shifting 2. I do alot of business in my car IE phone calls and other things. Shifting is to much of a pain in the a$$
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

Originally Posted by stockticker
WHy are all the fastest Vettes automatics?

back to the OP question
Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought an auto for several reasons. 1. I hate shifting 2. I do alot of business in my car IE phone calls and other things.
Thats great, I cant wait to hear about what you hit with your supercharged corvette while talking on your cell phone...
Good thing doing that is illegal and will get you fined in this state.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:03 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Thats great, I cant wait to hear about what you hit with your supercharged corvette while talking on your cell phone...
Good thing doing that is illegal and will get you fined in this state.
LOL, I am sure I will stay in the double digits while on the phone. Good thing in Florida it is not illegal

Get notified of new replies

To Paxton vs Procharger vs Edelbrock E-Force

Old 07-17-2010, 08:26 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

LOL, I am sure I will stay in the double digits while on the phone. Good thing in Florida it is not illegal
YET
It'll be banned very soon. For a good reason too. 99% of the time I see an idiot wondering between lanes, he/she is on his/her cell phone .
Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
YET
It'll be banned very soon. For a good reason too. 99% of the time I see an idiot wondering between lanes, he/she is on his/her cell phone .
I agree.The very reason why I do not want a loud system. I always use hands free.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

I agree.The very reason why I do not want a loud system. I always use hands free.
Good deal.
Anyway, to answer your question, I think the Edelbrock with its nearly instantaneous off-idle boost will make for a more fun street car since it will have unbeatable low RPM torque. The centrifugal supercharger will typically be faster though (easier to make big numbers with it, easier to intercool, less heat soak), and would be the superior choice if you do any racing. I'd pick based on that.
I went with an A&A kit an have been very happy with it.

Quick Reply: Paxton vs Procharger vs Edelbrock E-Force