C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any FAST XFI stand alone computer tuners out there for an STS turbo LT1 383? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Any FAST XFI stand alone computer tuners out there for an STS turbo LT1 383? HELP

Hey guys..I am trying to finish up a two year project on a 93 383 turbo LT1...Most use HP Tuners but wanted to know who is good with the FAST system or are they interchangable? Motor is fully built and should handle up to 14-15psi. Any help on who can do this would be great. I know there is A/A corvette but don't think they want to waste their time on an old LT1. Do any corvette owners see LT1's in that shop? Heard Charlie is really good too.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I learned on my own and spent the last few years doing tunes on a lot of cars incl the aem and xfi and accel dfi gen 7. There is a lot to learn but there is nothing more valuable than knowing what you are doing yourself. I urge you to learn yourself. Imo No tuner out there will EVER spend the time to tune a car 100% or it would cost you a fortune. Good luck I'm sure there is someone out there.

try the thirdgen.org site there is a section for ECM tuning and alot of people that can point you in the right direction.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Thanks for the input...no real time to do it on my own and don't want to be the one to blow the motor. Too busy working 5days a week and if anybody knows of a good local shop that is willing to do FAST XFI I am all ears. I know most owners are using HP.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done a bunch of FAST and ACCEL systems. But, I'm a bit of a drive for you LOL.

If you can't find anyone, we can do either mail order, where we swap data logs and tunes, or I can remote tune it, where I take control of your laptop, and tune in real time.

Lemme know if I can help you out.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I've done a bunch of FAST and ACCEL systems. But, I'm a bit of a drive for you LOL.

If you can't find anyone, we can do either mail order, where we swap data logs and tunes, or I can remote tune it, where I take control of your laptop, and tune in real time.

Lemme know if I can help you out.
Hey thanks for the heads up. That is a great idea...wow you are really on the ball. Dyno over the internet while you are logged on.....my buddy who helps me with my office just began this and it is great. I will see what my mechanic finds this week. Cynlinder #1 head gasket area blew out on only 11psi of boost and want to check if just gasket. They are Feel Pro Pro and may have to upgrade to MLS made for boosted applications. Soon as the heads are back on I will check in with you. Thank you for the help. So far you are the only one who has offered to help me and there are a lot of Vette shops here.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:27 AM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilddr805
Hey thanks for the heads up. That is a great idea...wow you are really on the ball. Dyno over the internet while you are logged on.....my buddy who helps me with my office just began this and it is great. I will see what my mechanic finds this week. Cynlinder #1 head gasket area blew out on only 11psi of boost and want to check if just gasket. They are Feel Pro Pro and may have to upgrade to MLS made for boosted applications. Soon as the heads are back on I will check in with you. Thank you for the help. So far you are the only one who has offered to help me and there are a lot of Vette shops here.
No worries.

Do me a favor, take pictures of the blown out head gasket and send them to me. I may be able to tell what's going on by what they look like.

email --->edcmat-l1@msn.com, or ed@vaspeed.com

Also, MLS is a very good idea.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Seems more people are telling me to use Cometic gaskets to handle high boost. I am wondering how much psi they can handle. One said use copper but doubt that is wise here. Getting the other head off and let you know what I plan to do. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Any FAST XFI stand alone computer tuners out there for an STS turbo LT1 383? HELP

Quick Reply: Any FAST XFI stand alone computer tuners out there for an STS turbo LT1 383? HELP