C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone experience: Navigation "unable to calculate route" for all destinations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 AM
DVHoozer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone experience: Navigation "unable to calculate route" for all destinations?

My navigation says "unable to calculate destination" no matter what destination I enter. It still shows the destination with the red & white circle indication, but won't give the turn by turn. Seems like a strange problem and I will eventually take it in to the dealer, but just curious if this is a common problem?

My vette is a 2005 C6 with 3LT, Z51, and yep, you guessed it--Factory Nav...

Last edited by DVHoozer; 08-20-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVHoozer
My navigation says "unable to calculate destination" no matter what destination I enter. It still shows the destination with the red & white circle indication, but won't give the turn by turn. Seems like a strange problem and I will eventually take it in to the dealer, but just curious if this is a common problem?

My vette is a 2005 C6 with 3LT, Z51, and yep, you guessed it--Factory Nav...
Prolly a little late for you, but this may help someone. I had the same problem with my 2006 C6 3LT with factory nav.

The problem ended up being a defective way point. I went into the menus and deleted all way points and the problem went away.

Denso makes our nav systems, so when trouble shooting, go to Google and search for the problem in denso navs instead of limiting yourself to Corvettes or GM products. I found my solution on some Ford Mondeo forum.

The successful search string I typed into Google was ...
Code:
denso "unable to calculate route"

Quick Reply: Anyone experience: Navigation "unable to calculate route" for all destinations?