C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[UPDATED]Engine Fire caused by Vengeance Racing [UPDATED Reply from VR]

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
gdab
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [UPDATED]Engine Fire caused by Vengeance Racing [UPDATED Reply from VR]

This is my review so if you don't like it you don't have to respond. After being a loyal customer to a company that was not loyal to me I am going back to MTI Racing. Now Mike at vengeance is a cool guy and that all I have to say about that.After numerous problems time after time after time. here is a list of problems I had after thousands of dollars.
1. tuning issues
2. bad cam install
3. lost of gas mileage heavy.
4. bad electrical cutout install that cause my fuses to blow inside my car, because the wire melted to the catback. They blamed me for that.
5. The cam damaged my entire short block engine in which Comp cam gave me another short block with forged pistons. I thank Comp for stepping up to the plate.
6. 225 heads installed, racing lifters the whole nine. Then the cam spocket broke they blamed me for it stating that I slammed my car into 1st gear from 4th gear, which caused the cam sprocket to break. Now how the hell do you do that.
7. After getting that fixed and them placing engine mounts on the car. I was sitting in my car eating lunch and then an engine fire occurred under my hood.
8. I called Vengeance Racing and got the voicemail as always and never got a return call.
9. Customer service sucks if you call MTI they answer if you call IPS Motorsports they answer, and call Vengeance you get voicemail if you dont believe me try to call them.
Take it from me, trust the company that does your work, if I had to do it all over again IPS and MTI is where I would go. They have semi trucks state of the art equipment, and they have great techs, they both break records not engines!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
gdab
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been over 2 weeks no phone call no nothing. Beware I have spent well over 12k at this Vengeance Racing and I have received nothing but problems. Take your vehicle to MTI Racing because with all the money you will spend on broken parts Vengeance Racing prices far exceeds MTI prices. So please do your research like I should have done.

MTI has semi trucks with speed boats and they break land records with any c5 or c6 corvette.

Vengeance Racing has none and the only thing they break are engines with a young 26 yr old who just started working on corvettes.WTF and the customer service sucks! try calling them 678-513-7105 betcha it goes straight to voicemail..

Call MTI 770 919 7774 BETCHA they answer try it!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,204 Likes on 708 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Ok, I have contacted Ron at Vengeance and he said he would like to address this ONCE as the OP has made the rounds on several forums. I said "fine, email me what you post" Ron posted the following on another Vette forum. Ordinarily posting links to other Corvette sites is not permitted, HOWEVER IN THIS ONE CASE I am posting the link to the other site with Rons reply and his version of the facts. I am leaving this thread open for a bit to allow others a chance to see it before it drops off the page. You can *bump it* to allow others to see it but lets please stick to the rules about dispute threads.

The link: http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...3&postcount=23

Please also note I removed a lot of irrelevant posts from this thread that had nothing to do with the dispute.

Last edited by pewter99; 04-08-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

Get notified of new replies

To [UPDATED]Engine Fire caused by Vengeance Racing [UPDATED Reply from VR]

Quick Reply: [UPDATED]Engine Fire caused by Vengeance Racing [UPDATED Reply from VR]