C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No lift shift & 2step - wot box is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
TorqHQ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No lift shift & 2step - wot box is here!!!

Torq is proud to bring you the N2MB Racing WOT Box & 2Step Launch Control. This unit is a dual feature box allowing a no lift **** as well as 2step launch control built into 1 box

N2MB Racing WOT Box, No Lift Shift & 2Step Launch Control

It is better than other launch controllers because it also includes no-lift shifting, a global rev limiter, optional shift light and optional nitrous control cable.

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

Thee major benefits are:

* Lower ETs
* Reduced chance of missing a gear
* More consistent, effortless shifts
* Reduced wear on the transmission
* Reduced chance of major transmission damage

The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by cutting power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost!

Included in the kit

* WOT Box
* USB to Serial adapter
* Universal wiring harness
* Heat-shrink tubing
* Ground lug
* Zip Ties

$189.95 is the sale price right now on the website and it will be going back up to $199 within the next week or so!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 438 Likes on 217 Posts

interesting, are you able to set the value of the second rev limiter?

what is the wiring like, you say universal but do you provide instructions? if your triggering this through the clutch switch how does it affect cruise control?

have you installed one in a vette before?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
interesting, are you able to set the value of the second rev limiter?

what is the wiring like, you say universal but do you provide instructions? if your triggering this through the clutch switch how does it affect cruise control?

have you installed one in a vette before?
Good questions.

BJK
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Definitely something id be interested in but awaiting answers to the above questions....
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 253 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes I too would like to know how it works... I used to have a two step in a Camaro D/A years ago, I would leave the line on the "low" side, and set the "hi" side to where I wanted to shift, but the two step did NOT have any connection to the engine RPM...

On the "hi" side it would light the shift light, & the car had a Liberty clutchless transmission, so I could keep it to the floor, & just yank the shifter back to 2nd gear, and push it forward to 3rd etc.. no clutch needed, & the two step would not prevent me from over revving it if I missed my shift point...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 AM
TorqHQ
Racer

Sorry for the delay everyone as it was late last night and I forgot my laptop at work. We have installed this in a C5 Corvette, late model Ford's (Shelby GT500, Mustang GT, etc with no problems). We actuall discovered this due to failures and problems with the MSD 2step.

All RPM values can be set by using the supplied user software. Unlike other devices, such as an MSD, this is fully programmable with a supplied software.

Some additional information:

To use the WOT Shift feature, keep your foot fully on the gas and shift quickly using the clutch. Keep the gas fully depressed through the shift. The WOT Box will detect the clutch switch signal and briefly cut the ignition and fuel to enable an effortless shift.

To use the 2-Step feature, fully depress the clutch. Next, fully depress the gas. The engine will rev up and hold the RPM that you have set. The 2-step will not engage if you are not at wide open throttle, so you must fully press down the gas pedal. If you ease into it, it will not engage. This is to prevent the 2-step from engaging during normal driving. Release the clutch while leaving the gas fully depressed to launch the car.

As it states on our site, and in the software you can hook up optional shift lights, nitrous activation, etc

Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Sounds good, with the throttle position threshold is there a way to get the unit to activate a part throttle?

Has anyone made you a tutorial for install?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Interesting product. Will you guys be taking a car equipped with this device to PBIR anytime soon? Would like to check it out in action if possible.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
ITS STOCK
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used this product in my old SRT4 and it does everything it says. It just takes some time to dial everything in like the delay when WOT shifting and setting the right 2 step RPM. I have never used the nitrous activation though.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 AM
TorqHQ
Racer

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Sounds good, with the throttle position threshold is there a way to get the unit to activate a part throttle?

Has anyone made you a tutorial for install?
The 2-step will not engage if you are not at wide open throttle, so you must fully press down the gas pedal. If you ease into it, it will not engage. This is to prevent the 2-step from engaging during normal driving.

The kit comes with instructions for a C5 corvette right now and we will be working on one for the first C6 we do this on. We are also working with Pfadt to install this on a 2010 Camaro with a clutchless transmission
Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 AM
TorqHQ
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Interesting product. Will you guys be taking a car equipped with this device to PBIR anytime soon? Would like to check it out in action if possible.
If someone want's to have this installed we can offer a discounted installation rate to use for our instruction sheets
Old 02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by TorqHQ
The 2-step will not engage if you are not at wide open throttle, so you must fully press down the gas pedal. If you ease into it, it will not engage. This is to prevent the 2-step from engaging during normal driving.
Looks like I can't ditch the Lingenfelter yet

Have you considered setting it up so there is a switch to toggle it on and off and removing the WOT only operation? Only operating at WOT makes it kind of worthless for launch control for most applications...
Old 02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mAydAy121

Have you considered setting it up so there is a switch to toggle it on and off and removing the WOT only operation? Only operating at WOT makes it kind of worthless for launch control for most applications...
My retrain is quivering at the thought of a wot launch under boost
Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
ITS STOCK
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats the point of a 2 step is to put your foot to the floor and when the tree goes green your foot comes off the clutch. If you are going to pedal the gas at the line then there is no need to buy a 2 step. If you are spinning to much off the line lower the 2 step a little until it launches just right.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:24 PM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ITS STOCK
Thats the point of a 2 step is to put your foot to the floor and when the tree goes green your foot comes off the clutch. If you are going to pedal the gas at the line then there is no need to buy a 2 step. If you are spinning to much off the line lower the 2 step a little until it launches just right.
While that is an option (and I have run passes that way) I have found it is both quicker and easier on the driveline to hold it about 2/3 throttle (more or less depending on the tracK) and come off the clutch while rolling into the throttle.

I come off the box at 57-5900 rpm and turn consistent low 1.5x 60's on 10.5 ET Streets which seems like its working pretty well to me. Pretty far from pedaling too, I just don't feel like doing Honda style burnouts to the 330'
Old 02-12-2011, 01:53 PM
jpee
Race Director

While that is an option (and I have run passes that way) I have found it is both quicker and easier on the driveline to hold it about 2/3 throttle (more or less depending on the tracK) and come off the clutch while rolling into the throttle.

I come off the box at 57-5900 rpm and turn consistent low 1.5x 60's on 10.5 ET Streets which seems like its working pretty well to me. Pretty far from pedaling too, I just don't feel like doing Honda style burnouts to the 330'
I used to race a D/A Camaro.. it weighed 2100 lb and dyno'd at 721 HP from 290 ci small block.. Engine Dyno NOT rear wheel..

We had a two step in that car, & we set the "LO" side to 6000 rpm I'd MAT THE GAS... & POP THE CLUTCH... it would 60' in 1.10 - 1.15

If it spun too much (more than one full wheel revolution, we'd lower the 2 step or put less weight on the clutch to allow the clutch to slip just a little .. it was a fine line between too much spin and BOG...

But the only way ANY stick shift "Comp Car) is how I described .. you cant slip the clutch easy and/or "Roll" into the throttle.

Maybe we are talking about two different cars here mine was a RACE CAR ONLY...NHRA D/Altered.. maybe yours is a street/strip car, and in that case yours may be the only way to do it...

Our car also had a "Liberty" transmission, and to shift I didn't need the clutch, and 5th gear was 1-1 I'd cross the finish line at 9800 and shift at about the same...had the "HI" side of the 2 step set at 10,000

Get notified of new replies

To No lift shift & 2step - wot box is here!!!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Here is my buddy's car with a 2 step. These are some 60 foots from his stock clutch...

Originally Posted by double a vette
05 c6 z51 6speed Made 5 passes today slowest being 11.59 121.63 and a three very consistent runs. 11.22 11.23 11.20 124.36. My 60' times were 1.515 1.507 1.466 1.438 . I am stiil struggling with my shift points which is making my 1/8 miles et inconsistent.

Man that thing is launching hard!!!

You sharpen that shifting a little and you are in the 10's.

p.s. Not bad for only 10 runs in the car....!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
jpee
Race Director

Here is my buddy's car with a 2 step. These are some 60 foots from his stock clutch...
Joe your are "exactly" right, I bet he is losing .05 - .10 during his shifts... that never happens with a Liberty Trans.. but who's gonna spend $6000+ for a transmission on a street car

The only way to be consistent is like in the video.. keep the gas to the floor, & POP the clutch.. if it spins too much, just lower the "Lo" side on the 2 step until you CAN keep it floored and pop the clutch... JMO
Old 02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jpee
Joe your are "exactly" right, I bet he is losing .05 - .10 during his shifts... that never happens with a Liberty Trans.. but who's gonna spend $6000+ for a transmission on a street car

The only way to be consistent is like in the video.. keep the gas to the floor, & POP the clutch.. if it spins too much, just lower the "Lo" side on the 2 step until you CAN keep it floored and pop the clutch... JMO
Oh, you can be consistent and get low without a 2 step but it takes a lot of practice...

Quick Reply: No lift shift & 2step - wot box is here!!!