C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Removal Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 AM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Engine Removal Help

I'm now going ahead and just pulling the motor out of my 06 ZO6 project along with the cradle. I previously already removed the trans and diff for some repairs and maintenance. Plus, I am doing a clutch install and had to remove the headers and will then be installing Pfadt engine mounts, Sway Bars, Coilovers, a ProCharger D1 kit with Tial-Q BOV, Dewitts Radiator, Dual Fan Kit, Cartek Flip Drive, DP Bracket, DP Big Mouth, Katech V/C's & Coil Kit, and an I/W Damper along with quite a few other things so, because the bellhousing was fighting me and I already have the car up on my lift and have suitable cart for dropping the engine I figured that it would be easier to perform some of the upgrades with the engine removed and then reinstall it. After downloading the removal info from the GM SI site, I started removing everything; now I'm at the point where I'm just about to drop the cradle and engine out and have found a couple of things that I don't see addressed in the GM manual regarding the engine wiring harness and brake valve (BPMV). On the harness, I have unplugged everything from the drivers side of the engine including the main harness plug at the BPMV but from what I can tell the harness will still keep the engine from dropping out due to the fact that it's snaking through the motor mount and the BPMV plug is too large to fit through the opening. In looking at Alldata and I see the additional sensors at the rear of the motor and the AIR pipe and check valve that must be removed but I'm still confused as to how the harness comes out with the engine as I don't see a master disconnect plug. Does anyone have experience with this?

Here's a side view showing the harness in question.

And the RH rear side showing the harness as it goes behind the engine.

Here's a front leg of the harness that looks like it also ties into the main harness.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Well I figured out that the harness did need to be snaked out back through the motor mount to remove the engine. Got it done, motor is out, cleaned and ready for some boost.

Looks much better all cleaned up.

I just hope I can figure out how all this goes back together again
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Parkervette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi new to this site and am having the same issue. How did you get the plug through the motor mount.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Removal Help

Quick Reply: Engine Removal Help