C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice - Best Warm Throat with Rear Axle back Aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Advice - Best Warm Throat with Rear Axle back Aftermarket exhaust

I'm a new 2007 C6 Z51 PP owner. Love this car and can't wait for spring. The car drove great on my test drive and so far it's a dream. The only thing I want to change is the exhaust note... but just a little.

I'm not a racer and I'm not looking for a screamer. I just want a little more guts from the engine at idle through cruise speed. The stock pipe is just a little bit too mild for me. I've thought about the BB Wild to Mild NPP kit, but I think it may be overkill. I don't want a highway cruise to become an annoying thing with drone or too much additional sound level. I'm in the recording business and I have good ears so it's just a bit of growl I'm looking for without too much additional sound level.

I'm looking for experienced users advice on the best 'mild' upgrade for my exhaust tone to just put a little more hair on the beast if you know what I mean. I guess I was thinking Route 66, but I don't know what I'm talking about (other than surfing the web and this board) and I haven't heard all these systems in person at all. I welcome your advice and hope there's a bit of a discussion about who likes what the best!!

Thanks all!

FM
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

The B&B setup you mentioned are the Fusions. I have them and they are great!! However, they are probably one of the more expensive exhaust setups.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
AYello1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corsa Sport. Easy install, no hassle with wiring or vaacum lines. If they're too loud (mine aren't) you can always add the "touring" x-pipe later. Watch the forum classifieds and get a nice used set for about half price.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
The B&B setup you mentioned are the Fusions. I have them and they are great!! However, they are probably one of the more expensive exhaust setups.

I just had the Fusions installed a few weeks ago (removed a Flowmaster cat-back), and I am a little disappointed with them in the open position. I thought they would be a little louder, but maybe they just need to 'season' a bit. I'm in L.A., so no headers for me.

Hopefully I will be doing a Edelbrock blower in a year or so and that will improve the sound!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,507 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Best exhaust is in the ears of the beholder.

Best advice is to find another fairly stock C6 with the sound you like and ask what he has. Car shows are good places to find mild modded cars.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
I just had the Fusions installed a few weeks ago (removed a Flowmaster cat-back), and I am a little disappointed with them in the open position. I thought they would be a little louder, but maybe they just need to 'season' a bit. I'm in L.A., so no headers for me.

Hopefully I will be doing a Edelbrock blower in a year or so and that will improve the sound!
Mine are very loud in the open position. However, I have headers, and a cam.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Toxic c6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corsa sport or Corsa Xtreme. No drone cruise just a nice quiet exhaust note. Normal accel sounds amazing not too loud just a nice growl and at wot you get a nice crisp not too loud exhaust note.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:23 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 870 Likes on 602 Posts

I went with the Borla stingers, however If I were in the market to switch I think I would go with the GHL setup. The GHL setup is very reasonably priced and sounds great.

I do love my Borla Stingers though. Make the car sound pretty aggressive.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice - Best Warm Throat with Rear Axle back Aftermarket exhaust

Quick Reply: Advice - Best Warm Throat with Rear Axle back Aftermarket exhaust