C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger install tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 03:36 PM
PhenyxC3
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Procharger install tips

A few things to help out the next guy. Things that I’ve seen others run in to. Mine is a 2014 Stingray.

Crank pulley: If you have an automatic, you’ll need to buy a flywheel tool to hold it in place. Amazon has them for around $20. In order to install it, you have to unbolt the starter. Just two bolts, BUT, you can’t pull it out thanks to the catalytic converter. You can try unbolting the exhaust if it’ll budge, but instead, remove the heat shield from the starter. It’s 3 10mm bolts, then pull the heat shield out. This will give you enough room to get the tool in, and use 1 of the two bolts. This will suffice in holding the flywheel. Get your 3’ breaker bar or impact wrench, and remove the balancer bolt.

K-member: If you’re using ramps for the install, you’ll need to jack up the side you’re doing first until the tire is off or nearly off the ground, in order to pry the k-member away from the frame. Use a long crowbar and insert it from the front of the vehicle, to the area specified in the instructions. Once you get the 1” spacer in, do the same for the other side. I fought with this for awhile before figuring out how to get them apart.

Tensioner/idler/belt: Once you’re ready to install the belt, remove the idler pulley. Use your ratchet on the tensioner to get the belt over the supercharger pulley. Now, with your breaker bar in your left hand, from the driver’s side, insert the bar on top of the supercharger pulley, and pry up the tensioner the remainder of the way. You’ll have plenty of leverage doing it this way. Now with your right hand free, install the idler pulley and tighten. This will allow one person to do the job.
The following 2 users liked this post by PhenyxC3:
CFD E59 (06-21-2024), Williams3803 (06-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Procharger install tips