C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another new c7 pic! From the rumor mill?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
.... Think of it as a Bell Curve where low on the scale is the highest in, let's say, a "drool over" factor. The C7 will replace the C6 on the front end slope with each older model becoming a little less appreciated until it is old (rare) enough to again become increasingly more desirable. ...
Well stated amigo.

.... I remember when you could buy just about any C1 for about $1,000 in the mid 60's. ...
Oh yes, the "good old days". Don't ya wish you knew then what we know now?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
How original

Between current camaro tail lights and this "new" front end, I am really getting inspired to look somewhere else to replace my current vetts
Those Camaros are so fugly. A guy down the street has one The front overhang on those cars is ridiculous.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
I think the C6 is beautiful. Whatever the C7 looks like, it won't change that. Of course, hat doesn't mean I won't like the C7 better! But, I have my 2010 C6 coupe. It's everything a sports car should be (fast, fun and beautiful) and at just under $50K, the interior measures up just fine.
100%

Originally Posted by JLinNY
Those Camaros are so fugly. A guy down the street has one The front overhang on those cars is ridiculous.
Hey, I still own one of those, go easy now!
Just kidding of course. I've owned and enjoyed my Z28 since new (over 12 years now), fast, inexpensive to buy and own and a great stablemate to my C6. But I have NO misconceptions about it's overall looks/styling LOL, I do like it but I also certainly don't consider it to be a stunning looking car from all angles or anything either.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
100%

Just kidding of course. I've owned and enjoyed my Z28 since new (over 12 years now), fast, inexpensive to buy and own and a great stablemate to my C6. But I have NO misconceptions about it's overall looks/styling LOL, I do like it but I also certainly don't consider it to be a stunning looking car from all angles or anything either.

That's an amazing perspective to me. I bought a new '93 Z28 so early in the build that they wern't even offered with t-tops as yet. It was a stunning new model that just about everyone drooled over. I guess they just built too many over too long a time. Sad to see it and the Pontiac Firebird TransAm come to this.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

That's an amazing perspective to me. I bought a new '93 Z28 so early in the build that they wern't even offered with t-tops as yet. It was a stunning new model that just about everyone drooled over. I guess they just built too many over too long a time. Sad to see it and the Pontiac Firebird TransAm come to this.
Interestingly enough there is small resurgence in the car's general public appeal/acceptance lately and I'm NOT just imagining it. Now, it's not quite what my Corvette gets of course but I've gotten more positive comments and even compliments (from kids AND adults) on the car during the last year or two than I'd gotten during the first 5-10 years that I'd owned it LOL, it's really odd.
I guess sometimes, what was once old becomes new again?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

The 4th-gen Camaro isn't so ubiquitous as it once was. It's old enough now that people don't see dirty daily-driver Z28s three times a day, so they take more notice of the occasional and more-likely-clean Z28.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jinx
The 4th-gen Camaro isn't so ubiquitous as it once was. It's old enough now that people don't see dirty daily-driver Z28s three times a day, so they take more notice of the occasional and more-likely-clean Z28.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
More likely clean F body? They are all trashed and hacked up, just like the Mustangs of the corresponding age. Nevertheless, let us hope that GM designers will not borrow any design elements from these cars or the new Camaro. Even though C6 borrowed heavily from C5, it can never be mistaken for one, let us hope this is the case with C7.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

More likely clean F body? They are all trashed and hacked up
Well, most maybe, but not all.
There are two pictured on this very page alone that aren't in too bad of a shape.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More likely clean F body? They are all trashed and hacked up, just like the Mustangs of the corresponding age. Nevertheless, let us hope that GM designers will not borrow any design elements from these cars or the new Camaro. Even though C6 borrowed heavily from C5, it can never be mistaken for one, let us hope this is the case with C7.
The WS6, ls1 trans ams are still one of the meanest looking cars ever made. It just looks pissed off all the time. 90% of its angles look great to me. Proportions not so much. I wouldn't mind an interesting hood on a corvette for once(beyond the usual slightly raised center).
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
The WS6, ls1 trans ams are still one of the meanest looking cars ever made. It just looks pissed off all the time. 90% of its angles look great to me. Proportions not so much.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

posting hideous stock examples definitely doesnt do any favors. properly modded can really help the 4th gen.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 5abivt
posting hideous stock examples definitely doesnt do any favors. properly modded can really help the 4th gen.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
I never stated the previous camaro or firebird looked bad, just do not want to see them in the next corvette. Hopefully this is just lack of imagination on the part of people coming up with these renderings and not what is really taking place at GM
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
100%

I have nothing against Camaro, I just never liked that generation. I always liked the IROC Zs myself.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
The vaunted split-window Corvette is highly valuable only because of its scarcity. It's really quite impractical, although like many, I like to look at it . . . from the outside. From the inside, you got problems.
True, that's why it only lasted one year the post is a large blind spot.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JLinNY
I have nothing against Camaro, I just never liked that generation. I always liked the IROC Zs myself.
That was my first (of the only two that I've owned) Camaro actually.
A bought new 1987 IROC Z28 5.7L.

Quick Reply: Yet another new c7 pic! From the rumor mill?