Sponsored by:

Phone mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:58 PM
xtroms
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Phone mount

Course Motorsports.com. C7 phone mount. Here's the pics. Great in my A8 but don't know about the M7

The following users liked this post:
RugbyRef1 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 03:25 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Pics too small
dbell66253 (06-01-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:13 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

well .. We can deduce xtroms didnt get his Vett money from working in Tech
Attached Images   
The following 2 users liked this post by lostsoul:
MDmotorman (05-24-2020), SonnyAK (05-23-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 07:10 PM
xtroms
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry folks. Learned my lesson about posting---thanks. Just thought it would be of some interest. I found it easy to bring up & look at the website (that I put on the original post) & I thought it would show more info including pics & install instructions.
RugbyRef1 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 09:26 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by xtroms
Sorry folks. Learned my lesson about posting---thanks. Just thought it would be of some interest. I found it easy to bring up & look at the website (that I put on the original post) & I thought it would show more info including pics & install instructions.
Link to the website?
Old 05-20-2020, 09:43 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 153 Posts

This phone mount has been advertised on the forum several times. Would be nice to know if it will work in an M7 but I'm not willing to gamble $45 to find out.
Scoobydoobydoo (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 12:22 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by p3pilot
This phone mount has been advertised on the forum several times. Would be nice to know if it will work in an M7 but I'm not willing to gamble $45 to find out.
ProClip - https://www.proclipusa.com/device/ph...xy-note10-plus. Works fine with an M7.

Here's what I see for your original post:

I'm not seeing any link. Can you point it out for me?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:44 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I have this Pro Clip mount installed in my M7 2017 Stingray Coupe. It is an excellent product and does not interfere with gear changes, HVAC, Touch Screen, Radio, or anything else. It is a two piece product. You first need to buy the base mount for the C7, then purchase the specific holder for your particular cell phone. The holder then mounts to the base. No drilling, screwing or adhesive used in installing the mount. It clamps into place at the bottom and in the seam of the passenger side hand hold. Quality U.S. made product. They have their own direct web site.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:02 AM
RugbyRef1
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts

@xtroms ...thanks for the name of the website! I have been looking for a solution for my phone ever since I got my C7 a few weeks ago. If you need help on posting pics or adding a link, just PM me and I'll help you out.

Cheers!

Tim
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 AM
Toddhl
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I also have the Pro Clip on my 2019 GS M7 and it works great. Doesn’t interfere with shifting or anything else.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:43 AM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Another happy ProClip user here

I have them in my current 3 vehicles and in my last 2 vehicles. Yes they are expensive due to the two part system. However they are custom designed to integrate into each vehicle's interior and to fit your exact phone model. My phone doesn't stays put when racing on Sebring... so its a solid mount and doesn't get in the way when shifting.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:10 AM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 960 Likes on 622 Posts

Sorry this went wrong immediately. Quite a few folks here seem to come from other “social media” were it’s nothing but bullies & bashing to make them feel better about their pitiful life. You should have known if you read posts here. 2-3 yrs. ago it wasn’t so bad but now too many try to be first to ridicule someone. Now it’ll be my turn. Thanks for trying to help someone here.👍
The following 4 users liked this post by madrob2020:
andybbbb (05-23-2020), beaversstonehaven (05-21-2020), goldend (05-21-2020), RugbyRef1 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Fodowsky
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered one of the Course mounts. Looks cleaner to me than the ProClip but we'll see.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Cedar
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Fodowsky
I ordered one of the Course mounts. Looks cleaner to me than the ProClip but we'll see.
I ordered a Course Phone Mount and installed it last weekend. I really like it and it's a PERFECT FIT!

Attached Images
Ten4Lou (05-23-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:46 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Sorry this went wrong immediately. Quite a few folks here seem to come from other “social media” were it’s nothing but bullies & bashing to make them feel better about their pitiful life. You should have known if you read posts here. 2-3 yrs. ago it wasn’t so bad but now too many try to be first to ridicule someone. Now it’ll be my turn. Thanks for trying to help someone here.👍
I am so sorry I stated "Pics too small". How rude of me to point out the obvious truth! What was I thinking? I surely wasn't thinking that perhaps he would fix it. Such ridicule! How could he stand it! I am so sorry, will you accept my apology?

And man, what was I thinking to ask the OP to point out exactly where that link was! Man I'm soo much of a bully and a basher... I could have actually caused him to post that link and then all kinds of people would be clicking it. And you know we can't have that!

For the record, I'm not on any social media site or at least not the social media sites that most people consider social media - no Facebook, Instragram, no Twitter, etc. Maybe that's my problem. I need to go on social media sites and sign up so I can learn to be more "social" in this social distancing environment... We all know that people on social media are so civil towards each other...

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek).
lostsoul (05-23-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 05:23 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
I am so sorry I stated "Pics too small". How rude of me to point out the obvious truth! What was I thinking? I surely wasn't thinking that perhaps he would fix it. Such ridicule! How could he stand it! I am so sorry, will you accept my apology?

And man, what was I thinking to ask the OP to point out exactly where that link was! Man I'm soo much of a bully and a basher... I could have actually caused him to post that link and then all kinds of people would be clicking it. And you know we can't have that!

For the record, I'm not on any social media site or at least not the social media sites that most people consider social media - no Facebook, Instragram, no Twitter, etc. Maybe that's my problem. I need to go on social media sites and sign up so I can learn to be more "social" in this social distancing environment... We all know that people on social media are so civil towards each other...

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek).
I thought that all you did was point out the obvious. I detected no malice in your post. My thinking after I read it was that the OP would probably fix it so that we could evaluate the product he was describing. Apparently there is a lot of thin skin around here.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 AM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteright
I thought that all you did was point out the obvious. I detected no malice in your post. My thinking after I read it was that the OP would probably fix it so that we could evaluate the product he was describing. Apparently there is a lot of thin skin around here.
I for one didn't mean any. If they been on this forum long enough they would have seen me make mistakes.. sort of..

MAYBE.. just maybe poke fun .. kind of.. semi baby troll a tad here in there to liven things up. This might surprise you but there are allot of old guys here that can spend months and 100s of post arguing over .02 sec different in 0-60. Some over +/- 2% sae, Gravel driveways.. just amazing stuff. Even though I have vast wisdom I have to once in a while... throw something out there to wake them up. I have taken that burden on to myself. There is no need to thank me. Its my gift to this Forum.. (That pushed me into buying a car in the middle of a Pandemic, made me supercharger it before my first payment and buy $1000s of other things for it pushing my wife to a divorce soon)...

I was thinking of this phone mount

but not sure if its worth it.
1) I dont daily drive the vett
2) I can fit my phone perfectly in the cup holder opening laying it down. It wedges in there good and very little usb cable shown from the arm rest.

I have android auto going so I dont really need to access the phone. The only issue I see is since its laying down it heats up good and the sun shines right on the screen cooking it more, but most times its not an issue..

Get notified of new replies

To Phone mount

Old 05-23-2020, 01:22 AM
defaria
Safety Car

I wasn't speaking to you, I was talking to madrob2020.

Maybe there is some thin skin but it's demonstrable that the simple fix was not applied. I always wonder about people like that...
Old 05-23-2020, 08:44 AM
Ten4Lou
Heel & Toe

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by torchred_lt1
I ordered a Course Phone Mount and installed it last weekend. I really like it and it's a PERFECT FIT!
I agree this is a great design. I made my own exactly like this a couple weeks ago from some scrap sheet metal I had in my garage. The design works great and places the phone in a really good position. My wife can still use the grab rail too. If I didn’t happen to have the metal, I probably would have paid the $45 for this one as it would be well worth it.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:07 AM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 761 Likes on 574 Posts

Pull your diaper up, Geez, he was just saying No harm done

Quick Reply: Phone mount