C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ranger Quick Jack - Portable Lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 AM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Ranger Quick Jack - Portable Lift

Just wanted to throw this out there. Got a Ranger Quick Jack BL-5000.
Its awesome. Well made, light and storable, and it works. Makes track prepping and other work so much easier. I don't plan on taking it out of my garage but you could.. What I like most is that each side is independent but works in sync. Most scissor lifts have something in the middle connecting them and that prevents you from lets say dropping the exhaust.
Here are a few quick videos of it in action.

http://vid1127.photobucket.com/album...r/IMG_5126.mp4

http://vid1127.photobucket.com/album...43B91FD07E.mp4

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 06-15-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:16 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 146 Posts

Way cool. How is the clearance for driving on and off? Is your Z lowered? Do you think if you did (if you haven't), lower the car, on and off clearances would be a problem? I'm very impressed that your vette could be raised and lowered within the confines of the single stall in your garage, with the door closed, without fore/aft clearance issues. I like to just raise my cars (barely) off the ground to make tire/wheel changes easier. Does the lift "lock" at various stages of lift as well as full up, or do you need to add some safety insurance such as jack stands? Lastly (and thanks for posting), is the unit 110v or 220v?
Old 06-15-2015, 12:23 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
Way cool. How is the clearance for driving on and off? Is your Z lowered? Do you think if you did (if you haven't), lower the car, on and off clearances would be a problem? I'm very impressed that your vette could be raised and lowered within the confines of the single stall in your garage, with the door closed, without fore/aft clearance issues. I like to just raise my cars (barely) off the ground to make tire/wheel changes easier. Does the lift "lock" at various stages of lift as well as full up, or do you need to add some safety insurance such as jack stands? Lastly (and thanks for posting), is the unit 110v or 220v?
Im lowered about 3/4 of the possible travel of stock bolts and I have room to spare. Can drive right over them or push in from the side. Again, a major issue with other lift setups. This fully decompressed down is only about 1.5in so no clearance issues. When driving over, you don't drive over them really. You center them on the floor and drive the car over them but they are inboard on the wheels so the wheel does not drive over it. They have long handles that allow you to reach them from the center and pull out into position. There are safety bars that lock only at the fully extend position. I got the 110v but they also sell it with a 12v system if you wanted to use at the track but I wanted it for the garage.
I love it. When not using you can quick disconnect each one from the pump motor lines and store each frame at a different location. Or since there is no clearance issue, keep them centered and just park ontop of them like I have been doing

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 06-15-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 500 Likes on 219 Posts

That looks killer. Beats the hell out of a manuel jack.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:36 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks. Good info and looks like great product.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:41 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

3 inch clearance./

http://www.quickjack.com/

Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Default Ranger Quick Jack - Portable Lift

Not accurate. It hasn't hit any part of the body and I Drive over and park on it every day

That 3 inch Spec may be with the rubber blocks in place I remove those until I'm ready to use it
Old 06-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Harris
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Im lowered about 3/4 of the possible travel of stock bolts and I have room to spare. Can drive right over them or push in from the side. Again, a major issue with other lift setups. This fully decompressed down is only about 1.5in so no clearance issues. When driving over, you don't drive over them really. You center them on the floor and drive the car over them but they are inboard on the wheels so the wheel does not drive over it. They have long handles that allow you to reach them from the center and pull out into position. There are safety bars that lock only at the fully extend position. I got the 110v but they also sell it with a 12v system if you wanted to use at the track but I wanted it for the garage.
I love it. When not using you can quick disconnect each one from the pump motor lines and store each frame at a different location. Or since there is no clearance issue, keep them centered and just park ontop of them like I have been doing
The safety bars on my unit have 2 stopping positions. About half way up and fully extended.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Harris
The safety bars on my unit have 2 stopping positions. About half way up and fully extended.
Your right! sorry never used the half position
Old 07-22-2015, 09:18 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any idea how many amps it needs?
Old 07-22-2015, 09:24 AM
SLWRNU
Safety Car

Received 385 Likes on 227 Posts

Any issues if you have side skirts?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:16 AM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

not sure about amps but I have sides and lowered on stock bolts. No issues at all. Room to spare
Old 07-22-2015, 12:24 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 742 Likes on 294 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default where do the rubber blocks go

just curious when you use this at what point is the rubber blocks contacting the car, the jacking puck locations or somewhere inbound of that, thanks for the info
Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 PM
rsilver
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought this model and just got it together. Had an air valve on the cylinder leak (out the valve) and bought another one at the parts store and the company also sent me another one right away. I love it so far. I use pucks in stock location and the rubber blocks beneath the pucks. I just push each side inward to move the car and then move each side back out when I am going to put it up. for the money and for doing the light stuff I am doing, it is great and reasonably priced IMHO. We will see how long it take me to prep the car, I am sure it will be awhile the first time, but raising the car will not be slowing me down. bob noob
Old 07-22-2015, 12:57 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AVETTE
just curious when you use this at what point is the rubber blocks contacting the car, the jacking puck locations or somewhere inbound of that, thanks for the info
The locations for the rubber blocks are adjustable, they slide in a trade so you can move them to meet the pucks just fine
Old 07-22-2015, 04:09 PM
mcslim
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Limited adjustments but OK. There was not enough adjustment to fit my Camaro. Had to move (DREMEL) REAR notches in aero rockers for magnetic pucks on unibody seam forward (3-5"). I guess the 5000XL version would have fit better? But then, might not fit the shorter wheelbase C7 with permanently fixed puck locations. Works great on both cars now as well as Colorado pick up (directly on frame rails). Will barely fit between the wheels of my Sonic Rally Sport. I haven't lifted it yet. It will need some form of subframe/Camaro puck combination (has aero extended rocker panels too). I am very satisfied. No leaks. Very stable. Use inside narrow one car garage. Can still set car down on jackstands and remove lift. Stores easily and is just light enough to move around by yourself. First time I used it I didn't know it had rollers on one end! Now much easier to move as you only need to lift 2/3rds the 65lbs and roll away. The only complaint is the"quick release" connectors are very hard for my old hand and wrists to work. I only release the hoses at the ramps and leave the hoses on at the stored pump assembly. My 6 piece RaceRamps, jack and stands will probably collect more dust now. Much faster to use, even from stored position, especially to remove wheels. Simple oil change, maybe not so much. Slim

Last edited by mcslim; 07-22-2015 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar errors
Old 07-23-2015, 02:59 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 270 Likes on 96 Posts

Can the car be stored on this in the winter in the upright position?

Get notified of new replies

To Ranger Quick Jack - Portable Lift

Old 07-23-2015, 04:38 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

I would think flat spot stoppers would be better but I guess you could. Ive had my s2000 up for about 9 days and it didn't move.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:15 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 761 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by EVL-Z06
Can the car be stored on this in the winter in the upright position?
In that scenario I'd use the Ranger to lift the car and then let it down on jack stands for the winter. Assuming the Ranger lifts high enough to allow jack stands under the car, which I assume it must do.
Bish
Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm going to get one, looks like the 5000..

Quick Reply: Ranger Quick Jack - Portable Lift