C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Proud to own a C7 ZO6!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Old 06-03-2017, 04:04 PM
atvBob
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Stripeknight
This vehicle beats nearly every known Super Car in the world in every metric. How is the Z not a Super Car?
Pretentious ******** who say it isn't ...
Old 06-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017ZO6
........If you aren't happy with your C7 ZO6 get something else........
I am!

........sold the Z last month. It has too many design flaws (and issues) for my money.

Last edited by Speedforhire; 06-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:23 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,842 Likes on 662 Posts

Your loss.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

This vehicle beats nearly every known Super Car in the world in every metric........
Yur kiddn........ain't cha?

A SSC is a Supercar, not a C7Z. How well does the Chevy beat it?

jus sayin...........
Old 06-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by John Settembrino
The only cars I have owned that people actually come up to the car and am amazed at the design and engineering and beautiful looks.
These cars are a true representation of what America can produce when we want too! No other car can give you the "bang for the buck" as these cars can.
It's fun. Just today, I talked briefly to two neighbors who thought the looks were stunning, and spent about a half hour talking to the mailman, who turned out to know a heck-of-a-lot about high-performance cars.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BMadden
Your loss.
no loss here......it's still a free country and I still prefer getting my kicks/thrills on two wheels.

Corvettes come and go (I've owned eight now). There will be another addition to that number when the ME comes out.

Enjoy your car brothers. I'll be around to offer technical assistance.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:04 PM
gpopvet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I love my Z, and thank you Chevrolet for 64 years of continued service and improvement.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2017, 10:52 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,514 Likes on 2,292 Posts

This vehicle beats nearly every known Super Car in the world in every metric. How is the Z not a Super Car?

I think Higgs covered it pretty well. My C7 Z06 is a super car, but IMO it's not a Super Car. A 720 Mac is a Super Car. My C7Z isn't - and I'm perfectly fine with that - as it can be maintained, modded, driven, hammered on a hell of a lot more approachably than true Super Cars. In fact, such is what makes it so endearing to me.

Folks get way too caught up in this crap (and this place seems to be palpably sensitive to any notion there are other great sports cars available, LOL), and if they'd just lose the chip on the shoulder and enjoy this rig for the attributes it soundly delivers on it'd do the community a service.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I think Higgs covered it pretty well. My C7 Z06 is a super car, but IMO it's not a Super Car. A 720 Mac is a Super Car. My C7Z isn't - and I'm perfectly fine with that - as it can be maintained, modded, driven, hammered on a hell of a lot more approachably than true Super Cars. In fact, such is what makes it so endearing to me.

Folks get way too caught up in this crap (and this place seems to be palpably sensitive to any notion there are other great sports cars available, LOL), and if they'd just lose the chip on the shoulder and enjoy this rig for the attributes it soundly delivers on it'd do the community a service.
Thanks Travis. Well written and expressed as usual.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Curtislowerussell
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome car I love it
Old 06-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Mlcn62
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Depends on your prospective!

I've owned a 2010 Porsche 911 manual, 2013 Porsche Boxster manual, 2011 Porsche Boxster PDK(wife's car), 2013 Maserati Grantursimo Sport(piece of junk) but fun to drive, not worth $146,000. I presently have a 2015 Jeep SRT, (love it), 2015 Mustang GT, manual; just got a 2017 ZO6 2 weeks ago, Long Beach Malibu red. Guess that's what they call it, I call it burgundy! I bought the paddle-shift. After trading in my 2014 370z, my car was about $70,000! But my daily driver is a 2016 Hyundai Veloster rally edition, great gas mileage and fun in traffic, when your dealing with Philadephia traffic each day on 422!!. The z06, in sport mode is just awesome to drive. Sucks in rain, Broke loose twice accelerating in rain. I've put 1000 miles on it in the last two weeks, so I guess it's "broken" in. Super car? From my prospective, it's much more fun then all the porsches I've ever driven, including my brother in laws Gt3! My vote, is if it's not! A Porsche GT3 is? Not from my prospective. Didn't come with a lot of luxury,(heated seats etc..) they could have thrown those in, and a few more bits, but I love driving this thing. The looks are stunning. Real head turner, except my Maserati, I haven't received this much attention. nobody noticed the porsches. I've gotten a lot of attention from the way it looks. I joined the forum last night after reading this thread. wasn't going to, but to not have the ZO6, considered as a super car seems just, kinda stupid, just my two cents. It's a super car! Very much a super car.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,384 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlcn1962
I've owned a 2010 Porsche 911 manual, 2013 Porsche Boxster manual, 2011 Porsche Boxster PDK(wife's car), 2013 Maserati Grantursimo Sport(piece of junk) but fun to drive, not worth $146,000. I presently have a 2015 Jeep SRT, (love it), 2015 Mustang GT, manual; just got a 2017 ZO6 2 weeks ago, Long Beach Malibu red. Guess that's what they call it, I call it burgundy! I bought the paddle-shift. After trading in my 2014 370z, my car was about $70,000! But my daily driver is a 2016 Hyundai Veloster rally edition, great gas mileage and fun in traffic, when your dealing with Philadephia traffic each day on 422!!. The z06, in sport mode is just awesome to drive. Sucks in rain, Broke loose twice accelerating in rain. I've put 1000 miles on it in the last two weeks, so I guess it's "broken" in. Super car? From my prospective, it's much more fun then all the porsches I've ever driven, including my brother in laws Gt3! My vote, is if it's not! A Porsche GT3 is? Not from my prospective. Didn't come with a lot of luxury,(heated seats etc..) they could have thrown those in, and a few more bits, but I love driving this thing. The looks are stunning. Real head turner, except my Maserati, I haven't received this much attention. nobody noticed the porsches. I've gotten a lot of attention from the way it looks. I joined the forum last night after reading this thread. wasn't going to, but to not have the ZO6, considered as a super car seems just, kinda stupid, just my two cents. It's a super car! Very much a super car.
This is the problem with the terminology. Taxonomys and classifications are about science. This kind of post is just about feelings.

Not much different from calling that chick in the bar "the most beautiful girl you've ever seen" just because your horny.

The GT3 is also NOT a supercar. It's just a "track version" of the 911, you know, like a 1LE package.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Mlcn62
Racer

Now you just want to start a fight! And I love it! Glad I joined the forum. My brother in law would take offense not calling his GT3 a super car. My take, none of us NEEDS a zo6, it's about the visceral feel of how you relate to it. I know it's "science" to you, but it's not for me. I've driven a aventador, wasn't impressed!(the price being equivalent to my house was probably why) if I'm honest. The Nissan GTR, loved it, but can't get pass the way it looks. My Maserati, best exhaust I've ever heard, except my lowered and modded 2015 Mustang GT. I like the ZO6, I've been watching it for about a year. Monitoring this site for about that long too. I've had the privilege(and it's a privilege) to drive and own some world class cars. The zo6, is (not just for the money either) a world class car. I've drivin some great cars on and off track, I love that I can channel my inner Lewis Hamilton, another point I'll throw out there as well this morning. Don't think it will go over well here, but the A8 is the more entertaining car. As I said I'm Lewis Hamilton on a European circuit somewhere when I'm driving it. Actually, I'm just on a local Philly road,but you get the point. I have other manual cars to drive. Enjoy your "science" get a mcalaren, drives like a GTR, in my opinion, nothing visceral there. "Super car" yes it's about a feeling, I don't need to drive it this morning, but I am. Gonna feel super driving it too. If you notice a Long Beach colored or whatever they call it, burgundy to me. 2017 ZO6, with a middle aged 55 year old African American dude in a white lab coat, shifting his paddle shifters, going downtown philly, wave!!! I'm feeling pretty dang super and having a ball. Have a awesome day. FYI, science is boring! The prettiest girl in the bar with me is going home with because she's my wife.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

Needs washing! Raining here!

Quick Reply: Proud to own a C7 ZO6!