Eray Visualizer Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 07:02 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,844 Likes on 6,768 Posts

^^^
My color E Ray looked fine! Probably be what I'll order ASAP!

BUT that is why they put it up live to test BUT was probably supposed to be only for them to see!
Old 12-11-2022, 07:09 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,410 Likes on 6,106 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
My color E Ray looked fine! Probably be what I'll order ASAP!

BUT that is why they put it up live to test BUT was probably supposed to be only for them to see!
You're not understanding... rapid blue and riptide both showed rapid blue.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:19 AM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 999 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamr616
That REGEN button positioned on the side of the center console really puzzles me. I hope it’s a REGEN “mode” button because if it’s the normal REGEN button it wouldn’t make much sense. The REGEN button on all Chevy EVs is usually located behind the steering wheels on the left side like a paddle so you can pull it whenever you want to regen the brake energy. I’m sure adding that extra paddle might be difficult with the DCT paddles already there but that’s where it normally is.

Pushing the REGEN button on the side of the console would just be awkward IMO rather then the intuitive location on the steering wheel.
Actually I think a "regen" button is a gimmick. I have a 2020 Tesla X you can set the "mode" for regenerative braking on the touch screen when you set how you want the rest of the driving dynamics. I have mine set at maximum- once you learn how to use one pedal driving not sure why you would want to go back.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:13 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,376 Likes on 2,008 Posts

Just some thoughts regarding the new E-Ray …
  1. I think the body color accents will be a unique feature of the E-Ray. Not sure there will be an available “carbon flash” accents option to look like the Z06. If GM did offer it and charged $995 like on the SR, they’d make an absolute killing on it profit-wise since I think so many would opt for it. The body color accents on the SR doesn’t have a big take rate so forcing it on the E-Ray might have the opposite effect if the carbon flash accents were available. Might be a smart move on GM’s part.
  2. Anyone else think the E-Ray logo looks kind of goofy? Looks like a 3rd grader designed it IMO.
  3. Will those new E-Ray specific wheels be directional or like the C7 ZR1 wheels. My guess is that GM won’t make four separate wheels (i.e. FR, FL, RR, RL), just a front part# and a rear part#. I’m guessing the new CF wheels on the Z06 only )has two part#’s as well.
  4. Hoping the Z07 wing will be available on the E-Ray. A screenshot I saw appears to show a different lower profile style rear wing though (see pic)
What in the name of SEMA automotive abortions is this?
Old 12-14-2022, 11:48 AM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,739 Likes on 742 Posts

The wheels are directional and they will not send two different sets of two with each car. Same as the carbon fiber wheels and the Stingray 5 spokes.
Old 12-14-2022, 12:15 PM
KK87
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 40 Posts

Just some thoughts regarding the new E-Ray …
  1. I think the body color accents will be a unique feature of the E-Ray. Not sure there will be an available “carbon flash” accents option to look like the Z06. If GM did offer it and charged $995 like on the SR, they’d make an absolute killing on it profit-wise since I think so many would opt for it. The body color accents on the SR doesn’t have a big take rate so forcing it on the E-Ray might have the opposite effect if the carbon flash accents were available. Might be a smart move on GM’s part.
  2. Anyone else think the E-Ray logo looks kind of goofy? Looks like a 3rd grader designed it IMO.
  3. Will those new E-Ray specific wheels be directional or like the C7 ZR1 wheels. My guess is that GM won’t make four separate wheels (i.e. FR, FL, RR, RL), just a front part# and a rear part#. I’m guessing the new CF wheels on the Z06 only )has two part#’s as well.
  4. Hoping the Z07 wing will be available on the E-Ray. A screenshot I saw appears to show a different lower profile style rear wing though (see pic)
What I can tell you from playing with the visualizer on the final minutes before taking them now is that - almost all of the Z06 options were up in the Exterior section of the visualizer, including the Z07-style rear wing and aero. Again, could be a glitch or unfinished coding on GM's part.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:30 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,739 Likes on 742 Posts

Just glitches. ZEF looked to be the performance pack
Old 12-14-2022, 02:04 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,844 Likes on 6,768 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidC84B
You're not understanding... rapid blue and riptide both showed rapid blue.
Hate to say it BUT I'm not a fan of blue anything, shirts etc. I was just showing you what I'll order - Cacti!
Old 12-14-2022, 03:44 PM
Corvettemac
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ShagVette
Don't forget the wood panel sidings!
the family truckster !!! Lol
The following users liked this post:
ShagVette (12-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Eray Visualizer Leak!