C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

LPE/Magnuson Install Scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 02:52 PM
degfu
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by INTRUDR
My clutch pack is currently with Cicio being upgraded to the Sportsman for my Peitz twin turbo build. I've been told that the earlier version of the Sportsman was not pleasant (jerky) for low speed driving, but that Dodson has improved the drivability aspect considerably in the current version. I'm probably a month away from having my car completed, but will report back once I've had a chance to evaluate it myself.
That's awesome. Yes please let us know.
The following users liked this post:
OkieVette84 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 12:01 AM
degfu
Instructor

Originally Posted by INTRUDR
My clutch pack is currently with Cicio being upgraded to the Sportsman for my Peitz twin turbo build. I've been told that the earlier version of the Sportsman was not pleasant (jerky) for low speed driving, but that Dodson has improved the drivability aspect considerably in the current version. I'm probably a month away from having my car completed, but will report back once I've had a chance to evaluate it myself.
Well, I ending up going with the Sportsman Clutch. An extra $4,000 I wasn’t planning on spending. The Sportsman was in stock and I was looking at another 2 weeks waiting on the Super Stock parts.

Clutch should arrive Tuesday, and hopefully fully assembled by the end of next week.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:37 PM
800whpC8
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by degfu
I finally decided to go with LPE/Magnuson after many months of contemplating which path to choose for boost. There are so many pros and cons to each route but the Magnuson seemed like the perfect middle ground between the ProCharger and Turbos. Bonus is I get to keep my headers, sport cats and cat back, which you lose with the turbo setup. My roadmap for this build is to end up at a Stage 1.5 making 8-10lbs of boost. The LPE/Magnuson Stage 1 (7lbs) will get you to 700BHP 675TQ (Avg. 600WHP 565TQ). Once thats complete, while the car is still in the shop we are going to do an upgraded clutch and pulley change to add more boost. Do some testing to see how it handles the extra boost, but hoping to be in the 650-675 WHP range.
Stage 2 will be down the road a bit. I will have to wait and see what Lingenfelter comes out with for their stage 2 and see what other shops come up with for clutch/transmission and tuning.
Order is in and hope to have this project wrapped up before the end of July. I'll post some Dyno sheets from pre-build (full exhaust,ported intake; best 60-130 Dragy was 9.40 2300DA), Stage 1 and Stage 1.5. Post build I will get some more Dragy times and share them with you guys.

Edit: I installed the DSS Axles last weekend as part of the Stage 1.5 build

Way cleaner install with the Mag.
Bucolic (12-05-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 01:08 PM
degfu
Instructor

Update:

Still waiting for re-assembly and dyno testing. 10 weeks to complete the Stage 1 kit with a clutch has me doubting we will get to adding the smaller pulley and doing a custom tune. It might have to wait until the spring as the weather is turning pretty fast.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:10 PM
degfu
Instructor

More pics

Bucolic (12-05-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 04:23 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Update:

Still waiting for re-assembly and dyno testing. 10 weeks to complete the Stage 1 kit with a clutch has me doubting we will get to adding the smaller pulley and doing a custom tune. It might have to wait until the spring as the weather is turning pretty fast.
I'm guessing the clutch was the lead time issue.
degfu (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 04:53 PM
degfu
Instructor

Originally Posted by OkieVette84
I'm guessing the clutch was the lead time issue.
It definitely added 2-3 weeks to the build time. I'll let you know how the Dodson Sportsman clutch drives when I pick it up.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:10 PM
degfu
Instructor

Default 100 Mile Sportsman Clutch Review

Finally picked up my car today. Ill post more info later but wanted to touch on the clutch for anyone contemplating the choice between Superstock and Sportsman. If you want to make 4 digits in the future go with the Sportsman. It does drive a little harsher at low speeds but its totally livable and you can daily drive it. I just wanted to get that info out there for anyone contemplating between the two.
The following 5 users liked this post by degfu:
Bucolic (12-05-2023), INTRUDR (11-01-2023), Movie Muscle (01-19-2024), OkieVette84 (10-26-2023), RiptideHTC (10-26-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 01:47 AM
davbrucas
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

$5k nonrefundable deposit and taking 2-3mos to complete? No thanks. I was considering going this route but not anymore. The nonrefundable deposit is the main issue, but them keeping my car that long is a no go.
The following 2 users liked this post by davbrucas:
Movie Muscle (03-15-2024), RiptideHTC (10-26-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 11:18 AM
degfu
Instructor

Final dyno numbers for Stage 1 LPE with Dodson Sportsman Clutch
Mustang Dyno
636 WHP
583 WTQ

I doubt I will get any dragy numbers yet this year as we already had a dusting of snow. I'll post some more updates when I get some dragy times.
The following 2 users liked this post by degfu:
Bucolic (12-05-2023), INTRUDR (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 12:00 PM
RiptideHTC
Instructor

Received 176 Likes on 76 Posts

Final dyno numbers for Stage 1 LPE with Dodson Sportsman Clutch
Mustang Dyno
636 WHP
583 WTQ

I doubt I will get any dragy numbers yet this year as we already had a dusting of snow. I'll post some more updates when I get some dragy times.
Why didn't you push it way higher now that you have the clutch upgrade?
I would want at least 700rwhp, if not closer to 900.
Obviously Meth, E85, and fuel system upgrades included.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:03 PM
degfu
Instructor

Originally Posted by RiptideHTC
Why didn't you push it way higher now that you have the clutch upgrade?
I would want at least 700rwhp, if not closer to 900.
Obviously Meth, E85, and fuel system upgrades included.
We just ran out of time for this year. We had delays getting the clutch. In the spring we will upgrade the fuel system and push the stock engine to see what we can make. This should get me to 800+ WHP and from there we will need to build the engine to turn it up more.
INTRUDR (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 03:54 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

Finally picked up my car today. Ill post more info later but wanted to touch on the clutch for anyone contemplating the choice between Superstock and Sportsman. If you want to make 4 digits in the future go with the Sportsman. It does drive a little harsher at low speeds but its totally livable and you can daily drive it. I just wanted to get that info out there for anyone contemplating between the two.
How much harsher? Can you make a video?

what are you going to do Stage 2 & beyond?

You should consider a catch can even w/Stage 1
Old 11-01-2023, 04:04 PM
degfu
Instructor

How much harsher? Can you make a video?

what are you going to do Stage 2 & beyond?

You should consider a catch can even w/Stage 1
How much harsher? Its similiar to always having it in track mode. Its very livable but I dont have a ton of miles on it. I'll make a video if I get another chance yet this year.
Stage 2- Probably going with an upgraded fuel system, possibly from Crawford racing (supports up to 1400WHP), smaller pulley, should be able to handle 800WHP on stock internals
Stage 3 - Build the motor (I have a spare motor) Maybe a 416 Stroker, upgrade all the pulleys and balancer, shooting for 1000+ WHP

Catch can will be reinstalled soon- I have a mighty mouse wild catch can.

What have you decided on so far for your Stage 2?
Old 11-02-2023, 05:34 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

What have you decided on so far for your Stage 2?
100% happening
*Dodson Supersport Clutch
*Pistons/Rods
*Camshaft/heads
*Catch Can
*Low side fuel pump
*Fabspeed High Flow Cats

Still deciding
*LME shortblock or stay stock block <<< biggest decision
*Injectors
*High side fuel pump
*Pulley swap

im leaning towards doing LME block, and everything. I'm basically at the top of a cost stair step, where I have to spend $X to even add 10hp... And it's not a ton more to grab 200hp considering all I have to spend. Motor being pulled regardless so why not just do it all.

if we do it ALL... Shooting for 850-875whp on pump93, no meth(don't want to do this), no e85(yet)...

​​

​​​
Old 11-02-2023, 05:56 PM
degfu
Instructor

100% happening
*Dodson Supersport Clutch
*Pistons/Rods
*Camshaft/heads
*Catch Can
*Low side fuel pump
*Fabspeed High Flow Cats

Still deciding
*LME shortblock or stay stock block <<< biggest decision
*Injectors
*High side fuel pump
*Pulley swap

im leaning towards doing LME block, and everything. I'm basically at the top of a cost stair step, where I have to spend $X to even add 10hp... And it's not a ton more to grab 200hp considering all I have to spend. Motor being pulled regardless so why not just do it all.

if we do it ALL... Shooting for 850-875whp on pump93, no meth(don't want to do this), no e85(yet)...

​​

​​​
You definetly have some choices.

How much WHP can you make with:
Dodson Supersport Clutch
Pistons/Rods
Camshaft/heads
Low side fuel pump

Stock block has handled over 1100WHP, what is the reasoning for going to an LME block to make 875WHP?
Old 11-02-2023, 09:23 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

You definetly have some choices.

How much WHP can you make with:
Dodson Supersport Clutch
Pistons/Rods
Camshaft/heads
Low side fuel pump

Stock block has handled over 1100WHP, what is the reasoning for going to an LME block to make 875WHP?
essentially the build could support 1100+ whp but running it 850-900 will keep it somewhat safer to push hard w/o any fear. I don't want to rebuild it anytime soon...if ever. I'm not going to be doing any endurance lapping.

the only part that will sort of be overkill is the block. That's the one part I'm debating heavily. Their ventilation is pretty useful considering what I've already dealt with.

the high side fuel and injectors are just extremely pricey, still waiting on final #s... But I have an idea of what is in store.
degfu (11-03-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To LPE/Magnuson Install Scheduled

Old 11-03-2023, 11:37 AM
degfu
Instructor

essentially the build could support 1100+ whp but running it 850-900 will keep it somewhat safer to push hard w/o any fear. I don't want to rebuild it anytime soon...if ever. I'm not going to be doing any endurance lapping.

the only part that will sort of be overkill is the block. That's the one part I'm debating heavily. Their ventilation is pretty useful considering what I've already dealt with.

the high side fuel and injectors are just extremely pricey, still waiting on final #s... But I have an idea of what is in store.
The lowside fuel pump you are being quoted, is this a drop in tank or is it tappping the tank and an external pump?

I've been in contact with Chris over at Crawford Racing, they have a complete fuel system for about 8K. This includes a drop in tank fuel pump, plug and play wiring harnesess and injectors. You would have to supply fuel rails, like TooHighPSI or tap the supercharger to install the injectors.
https://www.crawford-racing.com/prod...it-coming-soon

This setup will support upto 1500 RWHP and is comaptible with E85
Old 11-03-2023, 03:19 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

The lowside fuel pump you are being quoted, is this a drop in tank or is it tappping the tank and an external pump?

I've been in contact with Chris over at Crawford Racing, they have a complete fuel system for about 8K. This includes a drop in tank fuel pump, plug and play wiring harnesess and injectors. You would have to supply fuel rails, like TooHighPSI or tap the supercharger to install the injectors.
https://www.crawford-racing.com/prod...it-coming-soon

This setup will support upto 1500 RWHP and is comaptible with E85
no port injection on my car. Direct injection only. 900whp won't be an issue. (1500 would be)...
lowside dual pump
high side pump
high side injectors
rail connectors
Old 11-03-2023, 03:55 PM
degfu
Instructor

no port injection on my car. Direct injection only. 900whp won't be an issue. (1500 would be)...
lowside dual pump
high side pump
high side injectors
rail connectors
Let me know what you end up going with. Fueling for the C8 is a much neglected topic and I'm not interested in having a second fuel tank.

Do you know if Lingenfelter is coming out with upgraded pulley options? 8 or 10 rib?

Quick Reply: LPE/Magnuson Install Scheduled