Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Available Colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 04:39 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 146 Posts

Default 2023 Available Colors

I'm trying to find somewhere on-line that has some good photos of the available colors for 2023 C8's. Tried the Chevrolet website, and can't seem to find it there. I don't want a list of paint codes or colors, I want to see actual photos of each color. Any suggestions on where to look?

It would also be helpful if I could find somewhere to download the brochure. The Chevrolet site is a tangled complicated mess.

Last edited by CSixDude; 08-15-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:52 PM
bullmarket
POSSE SENIOR RIDER
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 511 Likes on 226 Posts

Look above in the stickies at 'The Official Color Threads'.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:32 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Thanks that helps. I think I finally got the Visualizer on the Chevrolet page to work too. I'm really disappointed in the colors offered. Once again they offer like six shades of grey/silver and very little else. I really wish they would bring back Atomic Orange.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:44 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 12,053 Likes on 5,729 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
Thanks that helps. I think I finally got the Visualizer on the Chevrolet page to work too. I'm really disappointed in the colors offered. Once again they offer like six shades of grey/silver and very little else. I really wish they would bring back Atomic Orange.
Actually one silver, two totally different grays and nine other colors. Anything else to complaint about?

2023 EXTERIOR COLORS:
GBA BLACK
G8G ARCTIC WHITE
GC5 AMPLIFY ORANGE
GPH RED MIST
G9F CERAMIC MATRIX GRAY
GD0 ACCELERATE YELLOW
GSJ SILVER FLARE
GA7 HYPERSONIC GRAY
GS7 ELKHART LAKE BLUE
GKZ TORCH RED
G48 CAFFEINE
GMO RAPID BLUE
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
Dkihshiaba (08-16-2022), spireland (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 05:52 PM
Amoreloba
Drifting

Received 2,547 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Actually one silver, two totally different grays and nine other colors. Anything else to complaint about?

2023 EXTERIOR COLORS:
GBA BLACK - SHADE
G8G ARCTIC WHITE - SHADE
GC5 AMPLIFY ORANGE - COLOR
GPH RED MIST - COLOR
G9F CERAMIC MATRIX GRAY - SHADE
GD0 ACCELERATE YELLOW - COLOR
GSJ SILVER FLARE - SHADE
GA7 HYPERSONIC GRAY - SHADE
GS7 ELKHART LAKE BLUE - COLOR
GKZ TORCH RED - COLOR
G48 CAFFEINE - COLOR
GMO RAPID BLUE - COLOR

C8's need more colors . Maybe in later years. Theres always wrapping, op. Praying we at least get a green for '24 to replace poo.
To op :
Blade silver (Discontinued)

Silver flare

Hypersonic Grey

Ceramic matrix grey

Shadow Grey Metallic (Discontinued)

Black

White

Torch red

Red mist

Long beach red (discontinued)

Elkhart Lake Blue

Rapid blue

Accelerate yellow

Sebring orange (discontinued)

Amplify orange

Zeus Bronze (discontinued)

Caffeine

Last edited by Amoreloba; 08-15-2022 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin A Jones (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 06:16 PM
promethius
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 192 Posts

I don't believe caffeine is a color, but what the hell do I know.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:27 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

I'd love to see them bring back Blade Silver for the Z06. IMO it's one of the best shades of silver GM has ever offered.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:58 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Sorry for complaining. There are a couple good colors in there, but sometimes I feel like they get the shade wrong. I'm a bit worn out on the standard black, red, white, silver, and would just like to see some different hues. Maybe a green or a better looking shade of orange or even maybe a magenta. At least the Caffine is a new color, so I'm glad to see it even if it isn't for me.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 PM
Shoal07
Burning Brakes

Received 644 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Sorry for complaining. There are a couple good colors in there, but sometimes I feel like they get the shade wrong. I'm a bit worn out on the standard black, red, white, silver, and would just like to see some different hues. Maybe a green or a better looking shade of orange or even maybe a magenta. At least the Caffine is a new color, so I'm glad to see it even if it isn't for me.
Buy a black one and wrap it.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:34 PM
LT4 Z51
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 40 Posts

The Caffeine Brown Metallic has the most metallic component than any of the other colors (I heard a comment from some GM official). In the shade, or in a garage, or even on a cloudy day, you don't get the advantage of the metalflake; it just looks like a rich reddish-chocolate brown. It is best viewed in bright sun when the sun is NOT right overhead. A lower angle of sunlight on the car completely changes the car from brown to a lively copper-orange when the metalflake is reflected. I believe that most people giving discouraging remarks about "brown" haven't seen the car up close and in the sun.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:51 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Originally Posted by LT4 Z51
The Caffeine Brown Metallic has the most metallic component than any of the other colors (I heard a comment from some GM official). In the shade, or in a garage, or even on a cloudy day, you don't get the advantage of the metalflake; it just looks like a rich reddish-chocolate brown. It is best viewed in bright sun when the sun is NOT right overhead. A lower angle of sunlight on the car completely changes the car from brown to a lively copper-orange when the metalflake is reflected. I believe that most people giving discouraging remarks about "brown" haven't seen the car up close and in the sun
Since only 385 Caffeine color 2022 C8s were built out of 25,831 C8s, I doubt many have seen the color at all.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:36 AM
SoCal C8
Burning Brakes

Received 1,301 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4 Z51
The Caffeine Brown Metallic has the most metallic component than any of the other colors (I heard a comment from some GM official). In the shade, or in a garage, or even on a cloudy day, you don't get the advantage of the metalflake; it just looks like a rich reddish-chocolate brown. It is best viewed in bright sun when the sun is NOT right overhead. A lower angle of sunlight on the car completely changes the car from brown to a lively copper-orange when the metalflake is reflected. I believe that most people giving discouraging remarks about "brown" haven't seen the car up close and in the sun.

Hmm, same thing the GM VP of Engineering told me about Sebring….

Old 08-16-2022, 12:53 AM
mnm4ever
Burning Brakes

Received 713 Likes on 397 Posts

There was a caffeine C8 at the museum when I was there. It was outside in the sun. It did not look very metallic… I would doubt that claim. I think the yellow has a heavier metallic look. I did not like the color it’s not an attractive brown but to each his own.

Say what you will about the C8 colors, but it’s definitely not “just” a bunch of greys and silvers. They do offer a good array of colors, just not all of them hit the mark.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:19 AM
Dmstone
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I do agree with you here. There could be more options. Head to Range Rover and check out their SV model and you can pick from 30 different colors. Even adding a satin finish option would spice things up.

I'm still probably 10 months away from my build and I still don't know what color to get. There hasn't been one that has really stood out. However, I still like a handful of colors. Maybe when 2024 rolls around we will see another option.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:05 AM
Bird67
Melting Slicks

Received 3,295 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones;[url=tel:1605548691
1605548691[/url]]Actually one silver, two totally different grays and nine other colors. Anything else to complaint about?

2023 EXTERIOR COLORS:
GBA BLACK
G8G ARCTIC WHITE
GC5 AMPLIFY ORANGE
GPH RED MIST
G9F CERAMIC MATRIX GRAY
GD0 ACCELERATE YELLOW
GSJ SILVER FLARE
GA7 HYPERSONIC GRAY
GS7 ELKHART LAKE BLUE
GKZ TORCH RED
G48 CAFFEINE
GMO RAPID BLUE
Plus two more for '23 - a metallic white and a carbon flash black on the 70th editions.

Gee, just think...if only Bowling Green had better colors, they could sell out every car they produce! There might even be waiting lists to get one. GM really missed the mark. 🙄
The following users liked this post:
Kevin A Jones (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 08:24 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bird67
Plus two more for '23 - a metallic white and a carbon flash black on the 70th editions.

Gee, just think...if only Bowling Green had better colors, they could sell out every car they produce! There might even be waiting lists to get one. GM really missed the mark. 🙄
Yep, I completely forgot about the 70th anniversary editions, so that's 14 colors to choose from for 2023.

Get notified of new replies

To 2023 Available Colors

Quick Reply: 2023 Available Colors