Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coupe top removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 08:13 AM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 4,236 Likes on 2,489 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Please let's not turn this into yet another HTC vs Coup thread/conflict. This thread is a about removing/installing the coup top, not at all about the HTC.
No problem. My table summarizes the differences. I hope without bias. Many that are trying to decide between the HTC and coupe, as the OP is, are not aware of all the actual, factual differences between them. For example, many are not aware that the rear view camera does not work with the top down on the HTC. Or that the advertised trunk/frunk space is identical (with the targa top not stored). Things like that.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:29 AM
DerbyCity
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 108 Posts

Currently, I have a deposit with MacMulkin which was made before the price increase ( May of this year?) . Should the non Z51 continue to be offered at reduced volume, and enough buyers on the wait list in front of me keep differing, Z06 production cut into Stingray build, I may have to go with a coupe +Z51 to get the 23MY price protection of the increase.
I prefer the looks of the HTC and have owned two convertibles. Considering that I didn’t drop the top as nearly as I thought I would, my only concern is damage to the paint/top as it appears awkward for the non owners of the YouTube videos in which they review the coupe.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:30 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 12,053 Likes on 5,729 Posts

Originally Posted by Andybump
No problem. My table summarizes the differences. I hope without bias. Many that are trying to decide between the HTC and coupe, as the OP is, are not aware of all the actual, factual differences between them. For example, many are not aware that the rear view camera does not work with the top down on the HTC. Or that the advertised trunk/frunk space is identical (with the targa top not stored). Things like that.
Yep nice job, my only point was that if you want to share it then start another HTC vs Coup thread that will most likely end up as a battle between owners of each and anyone who does not want to be a part of another such discussion will know not to click on it.

​​​​​​​
Old 10-28-2022, 08:34 AM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 4,236 Likes on 2,489 Posts

Yep nice job, my only point was that if you want to share it then start another HTC vs Coup thread that will most likely end up as a battle between owners of each and anyone who does not want to be a part of another such discussion will know not to click on it.

​​​​​​​
The OP liked it.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:21 AM
JillyBean
Burning Brakes

Received 668 Likes on 385 Posts

I’ve had my coupe for over two years. I think it looks better than the HTC.
overall, it’s very easy to take the top on and off
Old 10-28-2022, 11:15 AM
DerbyCity
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 108 Posts

It has been my observation that the longer a thread continues, it will eventually change what the subject matter is.
There are pros and cons for each model. The reliability concern is personal to me as my wife’s previous car was a Z4 that went out twice due to a poor design.
The following users liked this post:
Fishfryer527 (10-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Coupe top removal