Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Speed limit sign disappeared?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 04:14 PM
jvanloon
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jcthorne
Connect to you home wifi, update Google maps in the play store, go to settings in Google maps and select offline maps for your area. Google will keep it updated from there. No onstar needed.
This worked for me, but the process isn't all that intuitive. I'll try to describe it here.

1) You have to go into settings --> connections and get the car online through either your home wifi or using your phone / hotspot if you don't have the car's internet turned on. I did this through a combination of my home wifi and then after leaving the house i downloaded the maps using my iPhones personal hotspot.

2) Then you have to go into the Google Play store and download the updated google maps app. This took a long time and took a couple of restarts before the system would even see it. For awhile after doing this, the maps program nor the google play store would even open when i tried to open them. I think it's just the system not being able to multi-task.

3) Once you've downloaded / installed the updated google maps you have to select to use Offline maps and I chose to use offline maps that I manually update. Again it seemed to take some time before the system would recognize this change as well.

4) Next, I had to figure out how to go into the offline maps and download a large chunk of southern california which took a long time as well as the download was over 800MB.

5) When that download completed, as soon as I put the HUD in tour mode the speed limit showed up, and by the end of the last trip it also showed up in the DIC in sport mode.

From what I understand, the speed limit will only show in the HUD in tour mode. I'm not sure which modes it will show up in the DIC. If someone has trouble downloading offline maps to the car let me know and I'll try and do it again and take some pictures later this week. Lastly, I'm not sure where the maps are being stored to as I didn't have my SD card in the car today, so there must be some amount of storage in AV the system for this map data.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Vicvt
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kirito
also happens if your navigation goes out.
yes!
Old 06-21-2024, 07:00 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,281 Likes on 1,808 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
I was curious if this would work, so I tried this last night. After a short drive around town, still not back. Oh well.
Update: Maybe I needed to be more patient for something to download and install, because the road signs are back. I’m hopeful that sticks.
The following users liked this post:
jvanloon (06-21-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 07:03 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jcthorne
you must be connected to wifi first, then update Google maps to current version, then settings for offline maps. It works fine as I have done it on multiple 24s including my own.
Wish you were local to assit
Old 06-24-2024, 07:20 PM
jvanloon
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunboyz
Wish you were local to assit
cajunboyz, is there a specific question you had?
Old 06-24-2024, 07:27 PM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jvanloon
cajunboyz, is there a specific question you had?
Nah, I'll be getting my Z within 7-10 days, I just want to avoid the Goggle BS

Quick Reply: Speed limit sign disappeared?