Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Car Wash/Wax help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Waspination
So how long should all this take, is this a day project? I usually take awhile when i wash my car cuz i like to hit every spot, and when i put the liquid ice polish on, it took awhile. i did little sections at a time, and wipe them

P.S. does any soap strip wax, like car wash stuff, or just dawn?
Yes it will take a while but it should last much longer, be protected better and make it even easier the next time. I fully detail my cars enough that a simple wash or detail spray wipe down will keep it looking great. Over time the car stays looking great.
By the way you don't really have to do little sections at a time, I know it always says that on the bottle of whatever but it isn't a given. I have been detailing for years and do large areas or the whole car and then go back and buff off. With ICE it actually makes it easier to buff off by doing the whole car so it has time.
The reason people mention dawn is that it that you'll know the wax will be stripped but yes there are other car wash soaps that will take wax off, they just may not fully remove it.

Quick Reply: Car Wash/Wax help