Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

C6 Dashboard cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Default C6 Dashboard cleaning

The C6 manual states not to use any interior vinyl cleaner that contains silicone, is waxed based, or organic solvents. I called Meguiars regarding Quick Mist & Wipe Interior Cleaner and they said it contains silicone. I called Griots about its Interior Cleaner and they said it does not contain any of the ingredients listed in the manual.

Any comments?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
0zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner is a true 100% water-based, multi-material cleaner. It contains no acids, no butyl of any kind and no petroleum distillates. If a material can be cleaned with water, it can be cleaned with BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner. It will quickly and safely remove all manner of dirt, grime, oils and stains from almost any material. Use it on leather (except suede and knapped leathers), vinyl, velour, carpet, headliner fabric, wood, plastic and metal trim. It will not dry out the material being cleaned (very important for leather cleaning), discolor plastic or aluminum and poses no known threat to skin exposure or vapor inhalation.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/rubbervinyl.html

There are many interior cleaning and protectants that dont use silicones in their makeup. Forum favorites like 303 Protectant (water based) and 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium are well established and have done no harm. I also suggest Optimums new Opti-clean product which can work for a range of items inside and outside the car. Megs just recently updated their line including several new interior products too.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Dashboard cleaning

Quick Reply: C6 Dashboard cleaning