Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Opinions on tire dressing

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I find the best tire dressing out there is Zaino Z16. It is a nice dark matte finish that does not sling and is very durable.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
jeterarodyks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked out POORBOYS gel....and liked the vid they had on it and thats def the look i like...I also like the fact with a gel you can control where it goes better...I have pirellis on ccw 505a full chromes so i hate when i get spritz on them from spray dressings.....going to pick up the POOR BOYS:-)
Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1
I find the best tire dressing out there is Zaino Z16. It is a nice dark matte finish that does not sling and is very durable.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zoomzoom [email
mazda5@properautocare.com[/email];1576735252]We do have Vendor's in your country that sell great products in car care. Just PM me for a link.
I tried to PM you but the forum will not allow PM's to vendors ? Stewy
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
Cheap aerosol PROTECTANT SPRAY ! Any brands you recommend . Stewy
Stoners More Shine Less Time is a favorite of many. Megs NXT Insane Shine is another option in aerosols too.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Stoners More Shine Less Time is a favorite of many. Megs NXT Insane Shine is another option in aerosols too.
Are these shine products silicone free ! Stewy
Old 02-09-2011, 01:20 PM
jeterarodyks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiping the tyres with a gel is a P in the A and generally totals the applicator. So a spray will be great...............Stewy
disagree...easier to apply and no worries of overspray onto my 4k full chrome 505as....can CONTROL gel app way easier right up close to the edge of wheel.......plus applicator is just a foam piece...few bucks..so no biggy..Its not like you use it more than twice a summer, esp since gel stays on the tire, theres no need......but each thier own preference
Old 02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jeterarodyks
disagree...easier to apply and no worries of overspray onto my 4k full chrome 505as....can CONTROL gel app way easier right up close to the edge of wheel.......plus applicator is just a foam piece...few bucks..so no biggy..Its not like you use it more than twice a summer, esp since gel stays on the tire, theres no need......but each thier own preference
Yes if you have skinny tyres a hand applicator will be better. Both my cars have aggressive ribbing on the tyre and chew the applicator and they are not low profile. I agree with you 100 % if you have anything from 50 series down a hand applicator would be a better option. Twice a summer I would use it at least 20 - 30 times a year on my everyday driver and 12 times on the classics. Stewy
Old 02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Are these shine products silicone free ! Stewy
I believe Stoners suggests no, I suspect but cannot confirm on Insane Shine.

When using gels, try to use foam wax applicators. Small, cheap, and effective. Best part you can toss them once they get really caked with protectant.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Silicones shine like glass but I don't want to be caught a block away from my local panel shop with silicone on the tyres. They would have my ***** for lunch ! Stewy
Old 02-10-2011, 07:45 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Silicones shine like glass but I don't want to be caught a block away from my local panel shop with silicone on the tyres. They would have my ***** for lunch ! Stewy
If you are ever over on our forum , look for a post from Mike Phillips which goes much deeper into silicones used in car care products. Not all are bad.

I do however appreciate water based dressings for tires, and dont mind application weekly after washing.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
zwaldo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm like you on this I don't like matt finish tyres ! I'm defiantly on the other team here. If I could make my tires look like glass I'd be happy. They just look finished off and sexy in gloss ! I'm using Megs endurance high gloss. It smells like a plum and anything matt black gets hit with this stuff. Only problem any water hits it gets washed away. Stewy
I haven't used this stuff since 2000 or whenever it came out. you're talking about hte purple goop dressing. That stuff sucks... It sticks to your tire and clumps up and gets all dirty. so you have chunks of dirty glossy buggers all on your tire. it sticks on their forever and won't come off....hate that stuff. You know they came out with one that had glitter in it,look like a fish lure going down the street for the rest of that tires life

Quick Reply: Opinions on tire dressing