Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

The Best Waterless Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:14 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Define "tailor" in this circumstance, Im open to experimenting...
Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jpuli28
Define "tailor" in this circumstance, Im open to experimenting...
Add a bit more into the next mix. I have found you can add about an extra ounce in 5 gallons of water with no issues. It seems to work a bit better for me personally. I have also found if car is particulary dirty you can makeup some in bottle with fine spray and spritz panel prior to wiping it with mixture in bucket.

Originally Posted by NewWorldBlues
I bought some of this from you and really like it.

Do you wash the towels that have been used with this concentrate in the house washing machine? Or will it funk up everything that's washed after it. I know waxed cloths can't be.

Have you tried these towels? They look pretty handy for waterless washing and quick detailing.
I wash the towels normally with other MF towels but outside of all other types of laundry. If you find they dont seem as soft use a cup of white vinegar in the rinse.

As for those disposible towels, no I have not tried them, but worried they may create marring on paint. I cannot imagine something disposible being created of only the best materials.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Add a bit more into the next mix. I have found you can add about an extra ounce in 5 gallons of water with no issues. It seems to work a bit better for me personally. I have also found if car is particulary dirty you can makeup some in bottle with fine spray and spritz panel prior to wiping it with mixture in bucket.
Thanks. So how does 2 oz to 32 oz water in bottle sound to you?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wash the towels normally with other MF towels but outside of all other types of laundry. If you find they dont seem as soft use a cup of white vinegar in the rinse.

As for those disposible towels, no I have not tried them, but worried they may create marring on paint. I cannot imagine something disposible being created of only the best materials.
Okay. Thanks for that. I appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Thanks. So how does 2 oz to 32 oz water in bottle sound to you?
depends on what your making, a detail spray, a clay lube, or a rinseless wash. I often start with about 1 ounce and keep adding a small amount till I find what I like. I look for lubrication, streaking on paint, and ease in wiping off. Chris at Optimum is often available by email and on our forum to help with Optimum products as needed too.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

depends on what your making, a detail spray, a clay lube, or a rinseless wash. I often start with about 1 ounce and keep adding a small amount till I find what I like. I look for lubrication, streaking on paint, and ease in wiping off. Chris at Optimum is often available by email and on our forum to help with Optimum products as needed too.
I wanted to use the "spray n wipe" method as the wash...
My local Ferrari/Bentley/Maserati dealership uses/used a different product (Freedom Waterless) in a spray n wipe application for cleaning. This product though turned white if left unwiped (ie. in jambs and crevises).
Old 06-14-2011, 06:31 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

I wanted to use the "spray n wipe" method as the wash...
My local Ferrari/Bentley/Maserati dealership uses/used a different product (Freedom Waterless) in a spray n wipe application for cleaning. This product though turned white if left unwiped (ie. in jambs and crevises).
While I suggest wiping off anything you spray, I doubt you will see any "white" (almost sounds like that product might have some polish or wax properties too). I find Optimums and Ultima the best Waterless/Rinseless products on market currently.

Quick Reply: The Best Waterless Car Wash