Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

HELP NEEDED - Scratched Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
bunch3131
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP NEEDED - Scratched Windshield

Went to the track for the first time a couple of weeks ago. . . . Had a great time. . . . BUT . . . . they marked my number on the windshield with shoe polish and I forgot to use my brain when I cleaned it off the next morning. . . .

I used the green (rough) side on a sponge to wipe it off in a dimly lit garage. Much to my dismay, I later discovered that I scratched the hell out of my windshield. . . The scratches aren't deep, but they are definitely noticeable. . . I have read about a few different polishing kits, but I am curious if anybody had used Megs 105 or 205 to try and get out shallow scratches? I am almost positive that one of my detailing buddies mentioned that he had used one of the products before on glass. . . .

Thanks in advance for your replies.

BB
Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These types of scratches can usually be removed (least abrasive first) a chemical paint cleaner (P21S Paintwork Cleanse) detailer’s clay or a glass polish (Autoglym Car Class Polish or Zaino Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish)

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED - Scratched Windshield