Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

RP Top 16 Sign Up for 5-19-12

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:37 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003VETT
Ill get there 3:30-4:00. 245 is way too early.
Originally Posted by YO-EL
Yep I'm getting there 3:30-4:00..
Let the rush thin out a little.
Too early.. How's 3:30?
That'll work too, thanks man.

If you 16 guys are the only ones actually racing then getting there at 3:30 should be fine.
But I clearly recall last year (when it was the top few guys from every single E-town drag racing class that were competing), getting there just a little later definitely meant MUCH longer wait times at the gate and tech and even tighter pit/parking limitations. Hopefully that won't be an issue tonight.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
If anyone/everyone wants to park together then I would strongly recommend going down to the other side of the main concession/food stand or even all the way to the other tower down by the finish line/scoreboards along the fence of the track (almost parallel to the tech booth/air pumps). There's usually plenty of room, it's a good place watch the racing (for those that get eliminated early that is ) and we can probably even save spots for those that get there a little late.
Anything closer than that is often very crowded with not enough spots available for trailers/everyone to pit together.
And I forgot to add, there are also clean, 'less populated' bathrooms (both a boy's room and girl's room LOL) and power/electricity and water spigots up that way as well.
Whoever gets inside first should maybe grab that area so you can all park together.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:26 PM
L79racer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoever gets inside first should maybe grab that area so you can all park together.
What area is that Marc?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:20 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by L79racer
What area is that Marc?
Down to the other side of the main concession/food stand, or even all the way to the other tower down by the finish line/scoreboards along the fence of the track (almost parallel to the tech booth/air pumps).
Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 884 Likes on 443 Posts

Down to the other side of the main concession/food stand, or even all the way to the other tower down by the finish line/scoreboards along the fence of the track (almost parallel to the tech booth/air pumps).
Way too far..
Park as close to the snack bar as possible..
Our fans/family want to sit mid track.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Way too far..
Park as close to the snack bar as possible..
Our fans/family want to sit mid track.
Now that we've been there, you can see why that would've been almost impossible with 16 cars (5 of them with trailers/tow vehicles) that all wanted to park together, right?
Where we were was good but in my opinion, you guys probably should've been pitted even further down than you even were (I'm talkin' like right next to that old tower with the bathrooms underneath it). Lots of room and no one stealing spots (as happened to Ralph S. this evening) once you move to the lanes/racing etc.
It's not as good for the family/kids that's true, but parking too close to the concession stand and the 'fenced off areas' on nights like these is usually just a mess.

Quick Reply: RP Top 16 Sign Up for 5-19-12