Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New stablemate for the Viper.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 10:52 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

The biggest difference I see is one looks like a muscle car, the other one looks like hammered dog ****. You decipher which is which.

Old 11-01-2023, 11:08 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
The biggest difference I see is one looks like a muscle car, the other one looks like hammered dog ****. You decipher which is which.
Challengers look awesome. No doubt about it. For me personally, if I have to choose significantly better performance but worse looks, I will always go with the performance.. Other people have other priorities and that's ok. I'm just a competitive person who does not like to lose.
Looks is always subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's not an "objective" thing. For me personally, a Challenger Red Eye looks a lot better than any Tesla but as I said, my criteria is performance (straight line performance as I have no road racing skills nor do I have the time to acquire them), not looks. Not buying a car to get compliments or looking at it while it is sitting in the garage.. I buy it to feel the insane acceleration. Again, everyone likes different things and there is no such thing as a bad choice. Everyone should get the car THEY want based on the criteria THEY want.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:10 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Biggest difference I see is one drives like a muscle car and the other performs like hammered dog ****. You decipher.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:11 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,636 Likes on 2,890 Posts

I mean, I'd have the challenger over the plaid any day. I don't care that it's faster. Challenger looks and sounds better, and is a lot more fun. ESPECIALLY with a stick shift.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:03 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I mean, I'd have the challenger over the plaid any day. I don't care that it's faster. Challenger looks and sounds better, and is a lot more fun. ESPECIALLY with a stick shift.
And that is perfectly fine. Everyone has their own criteria on why they buy what they buy.
My Model Y was perfectly fine and met all my needs. The only reason why I bought the Plaid for more than twice as much was performance. After I took a ride in @Nosferatu 's Plaid, I was hooked on such acceleration and had to have one. It was an emotional purchase, not one based on need. Nobody "needs" to go 0 to 60 in 2.5 or less seconds. However, it's fun and I bought the car as you only live once. I can easily afford it, so, why not?

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 11-02-2023 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:09 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
And that is perfectly fine. Everyone has their own criteria on why they buy what they buy.
My Model Y was perfectly fine and met all my needs. The only reason why I bought the Plaid for more than twice as much was performance. After I took a ride in @Nosferatu 's Plaid, I was hooked on such acceleration and had to have one. It was an emotional purchase, not one based on need. Nobody "needs" to go 0 to 60 in 2.5 or less seconds. However, it's fun and I bought the car as you only live once. I can easily afford it, so, why not?
Yeah, but you Tesla plaid types insist on telling everyone else they should have bought what you did cuz it's so fast and whatever. Maybe in general off topic they beat you up a lot, I dunno, but I never see hellcat guys go in to someone's thread about their new c8 and say they should a bought a hellcat, ya know?
Old 11-02-2023, 03:18 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Yeah, but you Tesla plaid types insist on telling everyone else they should have bought what you did cuz it's so fast and whatever. Maybe in general off topic they beat you up a lot, I dunno, but I never see hellcat guys go in to someone's thread about their new c8 and say they should a bought a hellcat, ya know?
Please link up where me or anyone else suggested that someone should have gotten a Plaid? I can't recall ever suggesting such thing.
Old 11-02-2023, 04:48 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
Please link up where me or anyone else suggested that someone should have gotten a Plaid? I can't recall ever suggesting such thing.
Easy.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1607197371
Old 11-03-2023, 07:42 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

I posted factual data, not a suggestion.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:59 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,078 Likes on 2,941 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Thanks, all. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as I am hopping to!

The color isn't for everyone but in certain light it's beautiful.
What'd it MSRP for, and what did you pay for it?

Love to see some 1/4 mile time slips.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:14 PM
Mr. Black
Le Mans Master

Received 4,357 Likes on 2,011 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I see GS3 has made his appearance peddling his wares to muck up another TLS thread.
Old 11-12-2023, 10:05 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
I see GS3 has made his appearance peddling his wares to muck up another TLS thread.
And it may have gotten TLS banned lol.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:07 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
And it may have gotten TLS banned lol.
He was banned before I even posted in this thread.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:34 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
Sure seems like the most problematic members don't even have Corvettes anymore and just come around to cause problems.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:03 PM
uhohspaghettio
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I always wanted a boat

Kidding! Awesome ride, didn't know they offered with 3 pedals
Old 01-22-2024, 04:51 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Update on the car. First couple hundred miles were not fun. Multiple trips to multiple dealers to diagnose a misfire code. 2nd dealer found the plug for the #4 injector plugged into the #6 injector and the same in reverse. Now, they can't say it was the first dealership who did this but I don't doubt it. First dealership replaced the PCM and tried to troubleshoot so maybe that (PCM) was the issue and that the tech just sucked at putting **** back. That's where my money is because he didn't even do the pedal relearn for the brakes after swapping the PCM.

Don't need any Tesla talk in here. Don't care how fast or who's fat *** can sit in a restaurant for free and soak up free wifi. Want to talk Tesla? Start another thread.

Only mods I'm looking at are a Barton shifter and possibly a strut tower brace. Red and black seats were not available so thinking of adding them, at least for the fronts, maybe the rears.

The car is heavy but it drives much lighter. Surprisingly, it handles pretty well. It can take corners at twice the legal limit without issue. It actually rides nice but does tramline a fair bit with the 305's up front. Is it faster than the Viper? Not sure. But I certainly has a different feel to it.

​​​​Getting in and out is so easy. There is tons of room inside and the trunk is usable. I can see me taking it golfing and potentially on a road trip or two.

The color is absolutely beautiful in sunlight and with the Brass monkey wheels it looks great. I wish the gas cap was the goldish color, like the badges, but that's ok I guess. There are some aftermarket painted ones out there that I might try.

One thing I think they got wrong was the gearing in the transmission. It has the same as my Viper (.63 of version) and feels too long in 1st and 6th feels too short. The 5th/6th gear change is easy, the others, not so much. But it is a fun driving car. Absolutely a hoot to get in and tear up a back road.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:55 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,273 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Update on the car. First couple hundred miles were not fun. Multiple trips to multiple dealers to diagnose a misfire code. 2nd dealer found the plug for the #4 injector plugged into the #6 injector and the same in reverse. Now, they can't say it was the first dealership who did this but I don't doubt it. First dealership replaced the PCM and tried to troubleshoot so maybe that (PCM) was the issue and that the tech just sucked at putting **** back. That's where my money is because he didn't even do the pedal relearn for the brakes after swapping the PCM.

Don't need any Tesla talk in here. Don't care how fast or who's fat *** can sit in a restaurant for free and soak up free wifi. Want to talk Tesla? Start another thread.

Only mods I'm looking at are a Barton shifter and possibly a strut tower brace. Red and black seats were not available so thinking of adding them, at least for the fronts, maybe the rears.

The car is heavy but it drives much lighter. Surprisingly, it handles pretty well. It can take corners at twice the legal limit without issue. It actually rides nice but does tramline a fair bit with the 305's up front. Is it faster than the Viper? Not sure. But I certainly has a different feel to it.

​​​​Getting in and out is so easy. There is tons of room inside and the trunk is usable. I can see me taking it golfing and potentially on a road trip or two.

The color is absolutely beautiful in sunlight and with the Brass monkey wheels it looks great. I wish the gas cap was the goldish color, like the badges, but that's ok I guess. There are some aftermarket painted ones out there that I might try.

One thing I think they got wrong was the gearing in the transmission. It has the same as my Viper (.63 of version) and feels too long in 1st and 6th feels too short. The 5th/6th gear change is easy, the others, not so much. But it is a fun driving car. Absolutely a hoot to get in and tear up a back road.

Glad you got the bugs worked out...awesome color with history and awesome car never to be made again...Its the absolute king of the muscle car and always will be...and that sound and the room and the ride....and the power........

enjoy...I want a kitty too...but I'm skeered....

Get notified of new replies

To New stablemate for the Viper.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:50 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Pics? Want to hang out Friday night and take some shots and go for a spin? Glad it finally all worked out. I remember you telling me on the side all the BS going on with the car.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:51 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Pics? Want to hang out Friday night and take some shots and go for a spin? Glad it finally all worked out. I remember you telling me on the side all the BS going on with the car.
I'd like to but I will be in Sarasota wed, Thursday and Friday so won't be home till like 7:30.

No shots. Maybe a beer or two or a couple bourbons but trying to be better with the booze. I was hitting it hard for a while.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:42 AM
NW-99SS
Safety Car

Received 715 Likes on 372 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Interesting bugs to work. Hopefully not a constant problem. Glad you got the car. The funny thing about this thread is now that you are back, GSEV slurper is now the banned one.

Quick Reply: New stablemate for the Viper.