C6 Paint Matching

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM
nme904
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Paint Matching

Hey Everyone,

I am seriously considering buying a new C6 base coupe. I really wanted a black one, but since they aren't making 2012s in black, I am considering other colors.

My concern is getting a color that would be easy to match the paint by panel painting if the car gets in to a fender bender and needs a bumper repainted. I was wondering if anyone knows which of the 2012 C6 colors is easiest to color match?

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM
ragtopman
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Depending on where said dent or ding is located and how big it is and how many variances there are in that particular color deck any color can be blended out to achieve color match.

Other than that, unless you have the same color that it was originally sprayed with , the same humidity, air pressure, fluid tip, air cap, planet alignment and holding your face correctly there will always be a difference in color.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:20 PM
nme904
Cruising

Thanks for the response. I guess my questions is which of the paints would be easiest to match w/o blending. For instance, I know that silver is a particularly difficult to match and black is usually the easiest.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
markids77
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even if the bumper were panel painted there would almost certainly be a blend required... for all the reasons ragtopman suggested... and the height of the tide might play a role in coastal regions. Seriously... a visually perfect match without blending to adjacent surfaces would an amazing coincidence.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Paint Matching

Quick Reply: C6 Paint Matching