Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a sneak peek!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 12:13 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,232 Posts

I little C7 history I personally observed... When, months after the C7 was revealed, I went around, gratis, to Corvette clubs within a 150 mile radius “presenting” the C7. Reaction ranged from super excited to “nah.” When, after I finished, I polled each club audience, via a “show of hands,” and at every club 1/3 of those present did not like the C7 (almost every person had already seen tens of pictures of it). I suggested to them that ”the 1/3 of you who do not now like it, that after you have walked around it just once, that will change to just 1 in 10.” Of those 1/3, many again responded, “nah,” “I doubt it,” or similar.

Yet I now know hundreds of those “nah” individuals who own a C7. I still run into folks at Corvette shows who remind me of their being at my presentation, and with their then saying, “nah,” but now proudly pointing to their C7.

Same thing will happen next spring when I make the rounds of those Corvette clubs. I will guess that when I ask for a show of hands months after the ME’s reveal but before they see one in person, that one-half will not like it. Yet, again later, after folks have walked around the ME just once, bet that same, very positive shift will later occur toward the ME.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
firstvettesoon (03-09-2018), XC6VETTE (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:44 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Here's the difference

Originally Posted by elegant
I little C7 history I personally observed... When, months after the C7 was revealed, I went around, gratis, to Corvette clubs within a 150 mile radius “presenting” the C7. Reaction ranged from super excited to “nah.” When, after I finished, I polled each club audience, via a “show of hands,” and at every club 1/3 of those present did not like the C7 (almost every person had already seen tens of pictures of it). I suggested to them that ”the 1/3 of you who do not now like it, that after you have walked around it just once, that will change to just 1 in 10.” Of those 1/3, many again responded, “nah,” “I doubt it,” or similar.

Yet I now know hundreds of those “nah” individuals who own a C7. I still run into folks at Corvette shows who remind me of their being at my presentation, and with their then saying, “nah,” but now proudly pointing to their C7.

Same thing will happen next spring when I make the rounds of those Corvette clubs. I will guess that when I ask for a show of hands months after the ME’s reveal but before they see one in person, that one-half will not like it. Yet, again later, after folks have walked around the ME just once, bet that same, very positive shift will later occur toward the ME.
While I appreciate your observations, there is a huge chasm between reception of the C7's design vs those of its three predecessors. The C7 was universally lauded by press, and auto professionals as a design tour de force. Even GM was quite conscious of the C7's design departure, calling it the "only Corvette in generations worthy of the name Stingray."

As I have detailed in previous posts, that didn't happen with the 4, 5, and 6. Quite the opposite. In fairness, as others have pointed out, Chevy still sold a ton of Vettes in those series.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:51 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default Did I say "toad?"

Originally Posted by Atomic Fred
Have you done a poll on that?

I think you have very strong opinions, which are cool, but I do not think you speak for all that large a percentage of sports cars fans.
I meant to say "ugly toad."

Sorry about that.

Oh and to set the record straight about the C5. I have already cited easily confirmed evidence that as much as it was indeed an engineering marvel, the reception to its design was overwhelmingly reserved and critical. It literally duplicated the 7 year old design direction of the RX-7. Hardly "groundbreaking."

But I don't want you to confuse my personal opinion of the C5's boring design or the C7's superior attractiveness to the toadly 458 with my very different, larger concern--about GM's inexplicable move to ridiculously conservative design direction starting with the C4--a pattern I fear will be repeated with the C8. That's a different matter.

And "strong opinions?" ME? Not possible

Last edited by IronV; 03-09-2018 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 03-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,601 Likes on 874 Posts

Let's face it designing is tough, you don't design cars or for example clothing that people liked yesterday. Nor do you design for what people like today. You have to design for what people are going to like tomorrow and let's face it most people don't know what they are going to like tomorrow. In many ways designers tell us (or guess) what we are going to like in the future. So of course there is a big risk in that because if they miss the boat companies lose huge revenues. We have all seen past cars that miss the boat big time.

And you can't design a car that "everyone" likes it's not possible so you shoot for what "most" people will like or at least enough people to keep you in business. I agree with most who said GM miss the boat with the C5 and C6 design it's why I never bought one but for me hit a home run with the C7. Let's hope it was lesson learn. For with the ME GM is taking a BIG risk. This time it's not just some next generation design of today's Corvette this will either put Corvette on the map as a true exotic car or potentially be a flop like the caddy XLR was. We can only wait and see.....
Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 539 Likes on 280 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Everybody is different.
In my case, the C4 was the one that lost me. I loved the sharks and to me they were the epitome of Corvette design up to that point. When the C5 hit, to me it was okay and better than the C4 but still not enough to get the heart racing. The C6 was THE car that drew me back into the fold. The first one I saw I bought. A Black on black coupe and it was, to me, what Corvette should look like. I am now on my 4th and still get lots of positive comments.
The C7 was too over the top to me and the wife said UGH to the taillights.
I am open to what GM may be doing with a ME Vette and have my fingers crossed.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

I think you are overestimating the number of people that like the C7. What you are describing is the same thing that happens with movies. As the movie gets ready to come out, there is a lot of hype. Then the reviews come out and they push the ones that say it's great. Then people see it and if they love it they tell the world, if they hate it they tell the world. But if they aren't sure how they feel or don't want to be overly negative, they just keep their opinion to themselves. Later on, months or years, they start to express how they felt about it when it comes up in conversation, when they are not around those people who loved the movie. When they are not around the hype machine.

With a new Corvette, the exact same thing happens. And when you are around a group of Corvette enthusiasts it is going to happen even more so. No one wants to anger their fellow club members by crapping all over the car they love.

I'm sure many will disagree, but history is not going to be kind to the C7. Very little about that car says Corvette. Most of the car is boring and the rear is ugly. Combine the reliability and overheating issues, and you have a scenario for it to be remembered much the same as the 84' Vette. I love the 84' Vette, but history has not been kind to it. The C7 generates a similar level of controversy that has not gone away.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Yes, he C7 was lauded by the press. It won more awards in the first year after its reveal than every other vehicle in history (before or since).

Here again is what the C7 looked like early on in its process. Please just look at the rear of the C7 and front of its A pillar, and how different those earlier, camo-covered covered areas now look after all the camo was removed, i..e, we have so much more to learn about the ME once the camo is completely stripped.

Put this another way, I am going to be able to upgrade one interior level if I were to get $10 from everyone here is now putting down the ME based on its rendering — yet gets one within two years of its going on sale. Hell, I might even be able to get the 5 level interior — just $10 at a time.
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:41 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
I think you are overestimating the number of people that like the C7. What you are describing is the same thing that happens with movies. As the movie gets ready to come out, there is a lot of hype. Then the reviews come out and they push the ones that say it's great. Then people see it and if they love it they tell the world, if they hate it they tell the world. But if they aren't sure how they feel or don't want to be overly negative, they just keep their opinion to themselves. Later on, months or years, they start to express how they felt about it when it comes up in conversation, when they are not around those people who loved the movie. When they are not around the hype machine.

With a new Corvette, the exact same thing happens. And when you are around a group of Corvette enthusiasts it is going to happen even more so. No one wants to anger their fellow club members by crapping all over the car they love.

I'm sure many will disagree, but history is not going to be kind to the C7. Very little about that car says Corvette. Most of the car is boring and the rear is ugly. Combine the reliability and overheating issues, and you have a scenario for it to be remembered much the same as the 84' Vette. I love the 84' Vette, but history has not been kind to it. The C7 generates a similar level of controversy that has not gone away.

IMO, the C7 was the first car that under 40's went, wow that car is bad ***. The stereotypical old guy, gold chain wearing mid-life crisis vehicle that came with the corvette was dissolved with the C7. Millennials drool over the C7. I always have dreamed of driving Ferrari or some other exotic looking car. The C7 was surely a design that was bold and striking enough to fit into that category for me, especially the wide bodies.

I bough my 2014 at 27 years old. I would have NEVER bought a C6. Although I think it's an attractive car, it looked dated in 2007. Although the C5 surely looks more dated than the C6, it's a better overall design because even when I still see a C5 I think, ya know, that is still a good looking car. I don't do that with a C6.

Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, the C7 really broke through to a whole different category of buyers. When I told people I had a corvette on order, they laughed and said, dude that is such an old man's mid-life crisis car. They hadn't even been aware of the C7 release. When I pulled up in it, they were like "Holy $#!+. I had no idea. This thing is fk'n awesome." I had the same response for an entire year everywhere I went. Some people thought it was a Ferrari until they got up close and could see the badges and nameplate.

So, anyways I think you saying that history won't be kind to the C7, at least from an aesthetic side, is not going to be he case. The track heating issues especially with the Z06 are surely a HUGE disappointment. The Z06 NEVER should have gone to a FI engine IMO. They could have designed a 600 HP NA 7.0L DI engine and pleased everyone with it.

Last edited by C7pimp; 03-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by C7pimp:
gthal (03-13-2018), IronV (03-09-2018), NewYuriCity (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,322 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
While I appreciate your observations, there is a huge chasm between reception of the C7's design vs those of its three predecessors. The C7 was universally lauded by press, and auto professionals as a design tour de force. Even GM was quite conscious of the C7's design departure, calling it the "only Corvette in generations worthy of the name Stingray."

As I have detailed in previous posts, that didn't happen with the 4, 5, and 6. Quite the opposite. In fairness, as others have pointed out, Chevy still sold a ton of Vettes in those series.
Wow, IronV -- you are COMPLETELY rewriting history, at least so far as the C4 is concerned. I started with recalling the personal reactions of me and those in my "crowd" who were sports car guys. My memory is quite clear on this -- when we saw the C4 (especially in person at the Philly Auto show) we pretty much went nuts. It was just so "RIGHT." We mostly hated the C3 -- not just for its performance, but also the styling. Now, I look at styling in 3 dimensions. Interior, Exterior and Engine Bay. When you blend the elegant wind-cheating exterior with the advanced cockpit interior and superb seats, plus that awesome clamshell hood and the beautiful engine and suspension bits, well we all felt the C4 was superb and a dramatic improvement over the gold chains and unbuttoned shirt vibe of the C3.

But hey, that's a tiny subset of folks. Really, we were mostly Porsche and Euro-sport fans, so perhaps biased. Fair enough. So. I just did a little research on contemporary reviews of the C4, focusing on what they said about styling (but NOT resticted to exterior in isolation.) Here are some examples:

Brock Yates (C&D): "For those who expected the 1984 Corvette (yes, '84 — it will be marketed as such for eighteen months) to be a cross between a Lamborghini Countach and an F-16, there will be disappointment. The shape is clean and forthright, devoid of the phallic silliness that distinguished its predecessor during its protracted career..."Perhaps the single most impressive styling component of the machine lies under the full-width, forward-opening hood. There, in naked splendor, is more sculptured alloy than has been displayed on any other production car since the Porsche 928 and the original Jaguar XK-E. It is a stunning sight, especially when one's eyes first meet the forged-aluminum control arms and the engine, trimmed in magnesium castings and black enamel. Nothing is out of place. It is an aesthetic triumph.

Jonathan Thompson (R&T): "I consider the new Corvette exterior design to be an unqualified success. Starting with bold concepts but using careful restraint in their execution, Jerry Palmer's team has produced what I think is the best looking automobile on the market today, exciting yet tasteful and elegant...With this car, the focus of high-performance automotive body design has shifted from Europe to America."

And a 2009 retrospective from automotive blogger Pete Dunton: "When the 1984 Corvette was released in March 1983, it was given a hero’s welcome. The auto press which at the time was a fierce critic of the US auto industry, fell in love with the 1984 Corvette. It was hailed as the first Corvette to be a serious contender against the onslaught of European two-seater sports cars. "The 1984 Corvette certainly looked the part. The styling was bar-none the best available at the time. The styling even rivaled some of the best car exterior designs from Italy."

Consumer Guide (recent): "The new Corvette was publicly unveiled in the early spring of 1983, and the general reaction from both the press and the public was a mixture of relief and unbridled enthusiasm. The C4 was, thank goodness, still a Corvette in appearance and mechanical layout, yet was startlingly and entirely new with a full complement of high technology residing under its fiberglass skin."

OK -- these are just a small sample of real quotes (and I remember it EXACTLY like Dunton and CG). I further checked out contemporary styling analyses of the C5 and C6. I won't do any more copy and paste. The C6, in particular, was lauded for its great styling. The unfortunate coincidence that the C5 did resemble the 3rd gen RX7 (which I remember well, but both are great-looking sports cars that have aged very well) in no way kept automotive critics and Vette fans from an overwhelmingly positive impression.

Suffice it to say, you are entitled to your opinions, but you are not entitled to "alternative facts."

To the point. The odds of the C8 looking amazing are very high. The odds of your being critical of the styling? Probably pretty high as well, unless it is as much an overstyled charicature of a sports car as the C3...

Your turn.

Last edited by Rapid Fred; 03-09-2018 at 11:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rapid Fred:
NewYuriCity (03-09-2018), Speednet (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C7pimp
IMO, the C7 was the first car that under 40's went, wow that car is bad ***. The stereotypical old guy, gold chain wearing mid-life crisis vehicle that came with the corvette was dissolved with the C7.

Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, the C7 really broke through to a whole different category of buyers. When I told people I had a corvette on order, they laughed and said, dude that is such an old man's mid-life crisis car. They hadn't even been aware of the C7 release. When I pulled up in it, they were like "Holy $#!+. I had no idea. This thing is fk'n awesome." I had the same response for an entire year everywhere I went. Some people thought it was a Ferrari until they got up close and could see the badges and nameplate.

So, anyways I think you saying that history won't be kind to the C7, at least from an aesthetic side, is not going to be he case. The track heating issues especially with the Z06 are surely a HUGE disappointment. The Z06 NEVER should have gone to a FI engine IMO. They could have designed a 600 HP NA 7.0L DI engine and pleased everyone with it.
Great story. Same exact thing happened in 1983. Eventually, us 20-30 somethings who thought that spectacular C4 was the end of the "old guy needing a pud extension" image got old -- just like you will. And there is a real chance, if your kids are even driving sports cars 30 years from now, they will be even more critical of the C7 than you are of its predecessors. If I knew I'd live that long, I'd bet you a beer...
Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

So... back to the topic of "I got a sneak peek"....what's happening with the C8?

I think we're long overdue for another bit of news, and/or another round of "in the wild" sightings. With Spring right around the corner, I'm hoping there's more road (and track) testing of the ME C8 in the works.

Last edited by FrankLP; 03-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FrankLP:
91ZR1 (03-09-2018), firstvettesoon (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

DEAD SPOT-ON! When it comes to the Corvette, there is never and there never will be an excuse for lackluster design.
There has been a dilemma developing in auto design for the last 2 decades. It has reached critical mass and forums like this expose this fact.
Design schools and studios like Art Center and Pininfarina have not kept up with trends in the Sciences. The manufacturer has gone inside, so to speak. Corvette allowed the after market and certain specialists to develop their product. They no longer have the resources.
The advent of materials science, CFD and electronics has surpassed the graphic artists abilities. Even with numerous add ons in CAD programs, the designer without a background in math and physics is completely in the dark when it comes to auto design from structure to propulsion and aerodynamics.
It can't be more evident where this ignorance is displayed than threads like this. Even the standard of these forums need to be raised to keep abreast with the times. This requires a higher calibre of moderator where this ignorance not sanctioned.
From what I have seen in the CAD files published here, the C8 is dated in every respect. The trend is that high performance cars will only be available to the upper income levels. Track days will be for the wealthy only, like it was when the automobile arrived over 100 years ago. The wealthy will drive expensive experimental cars exploring future technologies. Ford's new GT is the future. Small displacement turbo 6 and state of the art aero. The C7 is a touring car, the ME Vette should be the research car for GM. Of all companies, GM can bring this technology to the masses. The Zora Halo Car, yeah.

Last edited by Shaka; 03-09-2018 at 02:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IronV (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 02:47 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default design is indeed tough

Originally Posted by Redc7z06
Let's face it designing is tough, you don't design cars or for example clothing that people liked yesterday. Nor do you design for what people like today. You have to design for what people are going to like tomorrow and let's face it most people don't know what they are going to like tomorrow. In many ways designers tell us (or guess) what we are going to like in the future. So of course there is a big risk in that because if they miss the boat companies lose huge revenues. We have all seen past cars that miss the boat big time.

And you can't design a car that "everyone" likes it's not possible so you shoot for what "most" people will like or at least enough people to keep you in business. I agree with most who said GM miss the boat with the C5 and C6 design it's why I never bought one but for me hit a home run with the C7. Let's hope it was lesson learn. For with the ME GM is taking a BIG risk. This time it's not just some next generation design of today's Corvette this will either put Corvette on the map as a true exotic car or potentially be a flop like the caddy XLR was. We can only wait and see.....
Well said. That's why there would be no point to designing the C8 so that it most resembled ME design from 15 years ago.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:21 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime

I don't see any evidence to support your claims about the C7. It was vigorously praised for its design in both the professional automotive and design communities. And that claim is easy to confirm. As for predicting who and what "history will be kind to," I'll pass.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-09-2018 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote Box
Old 03-09-2018, 03:33 PM
elegant
Safety Car

I just love brand new members to our forum who start out with one “generalization blast” after another.
The following users liked this post:
91ZR1 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 03:38 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default "Clean and forthright" -- code words for "Dull as Toast."

Originally Posted by Atomic Fred
Wow, IronV -- you are COMPLETELY rewriting history, at least so far as the C4 is concerned. I started with recalling the personal reactions of me and those in my "crowd" who were sports car guys. My memory is quite clear on this -- when we saw the C4 (especially in person at the Philly Auto show) we pretty much went nuts. It was just so "RIGHT." We mostly hated the C3 -- not just for its performance, but also the styling. Now, I look at styling in 3 dimensions. Interior, Exterior and Engine Bay. When you blend the elegant wind-cheating exterior with the advanced cockpit interior and superb seats, plus that awesome clamshell hood and the beautiful engine and suspension bits, well we all felt the C4 was superb and a dramatic improvement over the gold chains and unbuttoned shirt vibe of the C3.

But hey, that's a tiny subset of folks. Really, we were mostly Porsche and Euro-sport fans, so perhaps biased. Fair enough. So. I just did a little research on contemporary reviews of the C4, focusing on what they said about styling (but NOT resticted to exterior in isolation.) Here are some examples:

Brock Yates (C&D): "For those who expected the 1984 Corvette (yes, '84 — it will be marketed as such for eighteen months) to be a cross between a Lamborghini Countach and an F-16, there will be disappointment. The shape is clean and forthright, devoid of the phallic silliness that distinguished its predecessor during its protracted career..."Perhaps the single most impressive styling component of the machine lies under the full-width, forward-opening hood. There, in naked splendor, is more sculptured alloy than has been displayed on any other production car since the Porsche 928 and the original Jaguar XK-E. It is a stunning sight, especially when one's eyes first meet the forged-aluminum control arms and the engine, trimmed in magnesium castings and black enamel. Nothing is out of place. It is an aesthetic triumph.

Jonathan Thompson (R&T): "I consider the new Corvette exterior design to be an unqualified success. Starting with bold concepts but using careful restraint in their execution, Jerry Palmer's team has produced what I think is the best looking automobile on the market today, exciting yet tasteful and elegant...With this car, the focus of high-performance automotive body design has shifted from Europe to America."

And a 2009 retrospective from automotive blogger Pete Dunton: "When the 1984 Corvette was released in March 1983, it was given a hero’s welcome. The auto press which at the time was a fierce critic of the US auto industry, fell in love with the 1984 Corvette. It was hailed as the first Corvette to be a serious contender against the onslaught of European two-seater sports cars. "The 1984 Corvette certainly looked the part. The styling was bar-none the best available at the time. The styling even rivaled some of the best car exterior designs from Italy."

Consumer Guide (recent): "The new Corvette was publicly unveiled in the early spring of 1983, and the general reaction from both the press and the public was a mixture of relief and unbridled enthusiasm. The C4 was, thank goodness, still a Corvette in appearance and mechanical layout, yet was startlingly and entirely new with a full complement of high technology residing under its fiberglass skin."

OK -- these are just a small sample of real quotes (and I remember it EXACTLY like Dunton and CG). I further checked out contemporary styling analyses of the C5 and C6. I won't do any more copy and paste. The C6, in particular, was lauded for its great styling. The unfortunate coincidence that the C5 did resemble the 3rd gen RX7 (which I remember well, but both are great-looking sports cars that have aged very well) in no way kept automotive critics and Vette fans from an overwhelmingly positive impression.

Suffice it to say, you are entitled to your opinions, but you are not entitled to "alternative facts."

To the point. The odds of the C8 looking amazing are very high. The odds of your being critical of the styling? Probably pretty high as well, unless it is as much an overstyled charicature of a sports car as the C3...

Your turn.
I think your own quote from Brock Yates sums it up perfectly. And btw, the same thing they said about C5 design... "the best part of the design is nothing you can, you know, SEE..."

Brock Yates (C&D): "For those who expected the 1984 Corvette (yes, '84 — it will be marketed as such for eighteen months) to be a cross between a Lamborghini Countach and an F-16, there will be disappointment. The shape is clean and forthright, devoid of the phallic silliness that distinguished its predecessor during its protracted career..."

"Perhaps the single most impressive styling component of the machine lies under the full-width, forward-opening hood."
Old 03-09-2018, 03:45 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default I'd go one step further...

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
I do think the renderings are as accurate as can be at this point. Although not horrible, I do get an old Ferrari 430 vibe from them. Nothing wrong with that, but it's hardly ground breaking and I hope this new clean sheet design does not become an opportunity wasted.
Yeah. There would be something really, really wrong about looking like a 15 year old 430. Really wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To I got a sneak peek!

Old 03-09-2018, 03:58 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default Sorry I don't know my place

I just love brand new members to our forum who start out with one “generalization blast” after another.
I thought this was a "forum," not an echo chamber.

My mistake.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Better than the senior member groupies who spew out their 'lack' of knowledge from year to year with impunity.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I think your own quote from Brock Yates sums it up perfectly. And btw, the same thing they said about C5 design... "the best part of the design is nothing you can, you know, SEE..."

Brock Yates (C&D): "For those who expected the 1984 Corvette (yes, '84 — it will be marketed as such for eighteen months) to be a cross between a Lamborghini Countach and an F-16, there will be disappointment. The shape is clean and forthright, devoid of the phallic silliness that distinguished its predecessor during its protracted career..."

"Perhaps the single most impressive styling component of the machine lies under the full-width, forward-opening hood."
And you completely ignore the other quotes, not to mention even Yates felt it blew away the C3?

Let me give you hint. When you are in a 20 foot deep sinkhole, stop digging!

Quick Reply: I got a sneak peek!