C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Vette air conditioning blowing out of defrost vents on top of dash only?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 04:23 PM
iflex2fitness
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 18 Posts

Default C6 Vette air conditioning blowing out of defrost vents on top of dash only?

Anyone know why my air conditioning is blowing out of the top of the dash only. Very little blowing out of the front dash vents. Also when I get in car i hear a sound like a a mild sqeaking sound like a windshield wiper is moving across a dry windshield. Just the sound and it quits after about 10 seconds. Air is ice cold.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:54 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,168 Likes on 4,402 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Try shutting the a/c off then turn back on and cycle through the positions. Sometimes mine gets stuck on a position that I’ve had it set on for quite some time.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:10 PM
Fine05
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Is the head display flashing?
Old 03-16-2021, 07:01 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 673 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by iflex2fitness
Anyone know why my air conditioning is blowing out of the top of the dash only. Very little blowing out of the front dash vents. Also when I get in car i hear a sound like a a mild sqeaking sound like a windshield wiper is moving across a dry windshield. Just the sound and it quits after about 10 seconds. Air is ice cold.
Possibly a shredded mode door. See:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...placement.html

You should be able to confirm by using a Tech 2 to manually command the HVAC actuators. The Tech 2 will show stored HVAC trouble codes as well.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:27 AM
ToomRaider
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Exact same problem here.
Changed passenger side mode motor, didn't solve it.
Tech 2 won't control the actuators.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:47 PM
Knight01
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ac stuck on defrost. Did this get resolved?

Originally Posted by ToomRaider
Exact same problem here.
Changed passenger side mode motor, didn't solve it.
Tech 2 won't control the actuators.
Did this get resolved? What was the root cause? Thanks
Old 06-25-2024, 12:41 AM
Yorcci
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

My '08 got "stuck" so that it only blew air from the center outlets, no matter which way I was trying to adjust it with the buttons on the panel. This happened after the battery had somehow drained so that I only got inside by opening the rear hatch from the rear bumper with the key. That condition stayed until I pressed three buttons simultaneously at the panel (the same buttons you need to press to update the outside temperature).
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Knight01
5th Gear

Default Ac stuck on defrost

Originally Posted by Yorcci
My '08 got "stuck" so that it only blew air from the center outlets, no matter which way I was trying to adjust it with the buttons on the panel. This happened after the battery had somehow drained so that I only got inside by opening the rear hatch from the rear bumper with the key. That condition stayed until I pressed three buttons simultaneously at the panel (the same buttons you need to press to update the outside temperature).
ok tried the 3 buttons at the same time. No luck. Replaced the control module, worked at first but after shutting the car off for an hour I could hear the actuator clicking. Started the car and stuck on defrost again. Unhooked the negative from the battery for an hour and the mode door was working. Shut the car off and back on stuck on defrost again. Pulled the fuse for 60 seconds and no luck. It’s weird that unhooking the negative from the battery solved this temporarily but when I cycle the ignition the problem is back. I ran a bore scope in the vent and the mode valve looks to be ok.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 424 Posts

Sounds like the self calibration isn't being completed.Need to take a Tech II and check for HVAC codes and try a calibration to find the issue.
Old Today, 08:44 AM
Knight01
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jamieo
Sounds like the self calibration isn't being completed.Need to take a Tech II and check for HVAC codes and try a calibration to find the issue.
the tech 2 shows B0408-B0409-B0248. I will try the calibration with the Chinese tech 2 I have.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Vette air conditioning blowing out of defrost vents on top of dash only?

Quick Reply: C6 Vette air conditioning blowing out of defrost vents on top of dash only?