C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

Immediate 2024 ERay Allocation Available!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 09:58 AM
BandDirector
Drifting

Received 871 Likes on 452 Posts

Default Immediate 2024 ERay Allocation Available!

UPDATE 6/27: Looks like allocation is available again! Another guy just backed out due to the color constraints!

UPDATE 6/26: Allocation is spoken for!

UPDATED UPDATE…allocation is available again as of 4:30 PM on 6/25 with a $2,500 ADM and may be negotiable since the order has to go in Thurs.

UPDATE: Allocation is spoken for…

…so the little dealer in TN I bought my Stingray from at MSRP called me this morning saying they just found out they got an immediate ERay allocation. They sold me my Stingray at MSRP, I know they just sold a Z06 at MSRP, but this is their first ERay allocation. My salesman knows the market has dropped, but his sales manager still wants an ADM. If you’re interested in negotiating with them, shoot me a PM and I’ll send you the info. Not sure how close to MSRP you’re gonna get, but it’s worth a shot! It’ll be the last of the ‘24’s, so there are some color constraints just like the rest of the C8’s have…

Last edited by BandDirector; 06-27-2024 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:18 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

6/24 UPDATE ON ADM! They’re coming to their senses because the original ADM last week was much higher…

…just an FYI, they seem to be “ASKING” $5K over sticker, but the salesman says he thinks they’ll do $2500. The order goes in on Thurs, 6/27 and they’ll order it for stock at that point if there are no takers…

Looks like it’s going to take some negotiating…

Last edited by BandDirector; 06-24-2024 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:13 PM
combatninja
Drifting

Received 2,127 Likes on 912 Posts

There are E-Rays sitting at dealers. Please don't shill for a greedy dealer on these forums.
The following 3 users liked this post by combatninja:
camelhead (06-25-2024), Elvir Kunica (06-22-2024), Jridden (06-22-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 06:20 PM
BandDirector
Drifting

Originally Posted by combatninja
There are E-Rays sitting at dealers. Please don't shill for a greedy dealer on these forums.
Oh, I was very disappointed when I found out…However, since it is an allocation, someone may still want to order one to their specs and not mind paying an ADM to do it. Would I? No. Nevertheless, I at least know where an immediate allocation is and I’ll let the person that wants it try negotiating…
Old 06-22-2024, 08:17 AM
Bob MacLean
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts

Didn't realize how many are out there. A few near end of list with outrageous ADM, most say MSRP, https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/nl...te-E-Ray-d3313
Old 06-22-2024, 08:26 AM
combatninja
Drifting

For as low as production has been, there are oddly a ton available. My small city has a dealer with 2 sitting on their lot for weeks now. I think the E-Ray is kind of a flop. Even with the low numbers they produced for the first year, I dare say they made a few too many. Some of these things may be sitting when the '25s start hitting which is going to mean some invoice deals. I thought it then and I think it still: they priced this car wrong. Should've packaged it in the regular Stingray body, skipped the ceramic brakes and priced it from $85K.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:55 AM
Bob MacLean
Racer

For as low as production has been, there are oddly a ton available. My small city has a dealer with 2 sitting on their lot for weeks now. I think the E-Ray is kind of a flop. Even with the low numbers they produced for the first year, I dare say they made a few too many. Some of these things may be sitting when the '25s start hitting which is going to mean some invoice deals. I thought it then and I think it still: they priced this car wrong. Should've packaged it in the regular Stingray body, skipped the ceramic brakes and priced it from $85K.
$114K for my 2LZ Coupe MSRP as Z06 did not make sense for me and turned that down last Sept. I wanted widebody and would not have bought another SR looking car. This is a GT/GS theme.

Old 06-22-2024, 09:37 AM
combatninja
Drifting

Long term hold and it may not matter to you but.........keep a 2LZ Z06 a couple of years and it might still be worth $100K. Nobody has a crystal ball but I'm willing to bet that a 2LZ E-Ray is worth barely more than a Stingray after 2 years of ownership. That's where the thing is really going to cost you, effectively making it cost more than the equivalent Z.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Bob MacLean
Racer

Long term hold and it may not matter to you but.........keep a 2LZ Z06 a couple of years and it might still be worth $100K. Nobody has a crystal ball but I'm willing to bet that a 2LZ E-Ray is worth barely more than a Stingray after 2 years of ownership. That's where the thing is really going to cost you, effectively making it cost more than the equivalent Z.
What costs? Not worried on resale..3YR B-B, 5 year Power train, 8yr 100K miles for "all EV components" including the battery.. I was more worried on 5.5 L as the pushrod/DCT was fine for 3 years on my 2020.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:38 AM
combatninja
Drifting

Fair enough. That has been a traditional characteristic of Corvette buyers for a long, long time. I'm willing to bet it has one of the longest first ownership times in the industry historically speaking. I see that shifting a lot with this new 'my first supercar' image that the C8 has. Buyers are skewing much younger, much richer and much more fickle than traditional Corvette customers. You may not care but there are plenty of folks out there that will take and extra $15-20K in depreciation costs into consideration. I think it will be the depreciation champ of the lineup. I see these $115K E-Rays being $75K cars in 3 years, especially as hybrid tech improves and the C9 become imminent. The final nail in its coffin will be if GM does indeed put the Gen 6 'LT3' DOHC engine in the C8. I think that will hurt values of all the pushrod LT2 cars but the E-Ray in particular. I'm not hating on the car, I kind of like it and yours looks amazing in Riptide over Sky Cool (I think). I'm just legitimately surprised by how the cars seem to not be selling like I thought they would. Then again, it was finally released into a marketplace that finally, finally saw the Corvette market 'normalizing' after a whirlwind 4 years in which buyers kept flipping cars for little to no cost. I'm willing to bet if the E-Ray had been ready for, say, early 2023 model year, there probably would've been a frenzy as everyone knew they could drive the latest whiz-bang thing for a year and sell it for what they paid. So probably not a fair lens that I'm viewing this through but makes for a good discussion over a beer.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:46 AM
Bob MacLean
Racer

Fair enough. That has been a traditional characteristic of Corvette buyers for a long, long time. I'm willing to bet it has one of the longest first ownership times in the industry historically speaking. I see that shifting a lot with this new 'my first supercar' image that the C8 has. Buyers are skewing much younger, much richer and much more fickle than traditional Corvette customers. You may not care but there are plenty of folks out there that will take and extra $15-20K in depreciation costs into consideration. I think it will be the depreciation champ of the lineup. I see these $115K E-Rays being $75K cars in 3 years, especially as hybrid tech improves and the C9 become imminent. The final nail in its coffin will be if GM does indeed put the Gen 6 'LT3' DOHC engine in the C8. I think that will hurt values of all the pushrod LT2 cars but the E-Ray in particular. I'm not hating on the car, I kind of like it and yours looks amazing in Riptide over Sky Cool (I think). I'm just legitimately surprised by how the cars seem to not be selling like I thought they would. Then again, it was finally released into a marketplace that finally, finally saw the Corvette market 'normalizing' after a whirlwind 4 years in which buyers kept flipping cars for little to no cost. I'm willing to bet if the E-Ray had been ready for, say, early 2023 model year, there probably would've been a frenzy as everyone knew they could drive the latest whiz-bang thing for a year and sell it for what they paid. So probably not a fair lens that I'm viewing this through but makes for a good discussion over a beer.
Vettes are moving target.. This is #5 for me.. If you stand still you miss out.. it cost me 30% more for the next one in 3yrs so be it.. No moss here..

Old 06-22-2024, 06:33 PM
davester
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 106 Posts

Bet dollars to doughnuts combatnija is a Z06 fanboy. If not list the contacts for those Erays sitting unsold on your local dealers lots and I will believe it. If you follow up on a car listed at MSRP they all mysteriously vanish.
The following users liked this post:
KDW19 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 06:55 PM
Bob MacLean
Racer

Originally Posted by davester
Bet dollars to doughnuts combatnija is a Z06 fanboy. If not list the contacts for those Erays sitting unsold on your local dealers lots and I will believe it. If you follow up on a car listed at MSRP they all mysteriously vanish.
In post #8 I mentioned correct.. Z06 fanboy dunno..
"Didn't realize how many are out there. A few near end of list with outrageous ADM, most say MSRP, https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/nl...te-E-Ray-d3313"
Old 06-22-2024, 07:21 PM
combatninja
Drifting

You got me. I'm a Z06 fanboy that is spearheading a conspiracy to discredit the E-Ray.
Old 06-22-2024, 07:56 PM
davester
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 106 Posts

Well keep up the good work. Fun hearing from you. All friends here!
Old 06-22-2024, 10:46 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,263 Likes on 735 Posts

I generally agree with the analysis, but the C9 is a wild card for the Z06 too. There's still a chance that a reworked LT6 with 710 HP mated to proper gearing appears in the C9 Z06. Then the C9 Z06 will be the must have, last great NA motor car, and the C8 Z06 depreciation will look like normal Corvette depreciation.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:21 AM
Only1cannoli
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 95 Posts
Default ERays on the lot

Just spoke with a neighbor who is a service manager for a local dealer. He says they have 30 C8’s on the lot of various flavors. They’re doing out of State deals to move them. I’m #28 for an eray at another dealer and I got a call asking me if I wanted to move on a ‘24 today. I said no.

I love my ‘22 HTC first ever Corvette and I am now hesitating on the eray based on some of these comments. Not because of depreciation but more because of FOMO on newer technologies.

Thoughts?

Get notified of new replies

To Immediate 2024 ERay Allocation Available!

Old 06-23-2024, 10:59 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,841 Likes on 6,766 Posts

First: BG never makes too many of anything! They ONLY make what dealers buy! GM holds zero inventory!

Second: You need to understand what makes the E-Ray perform! They need the wide front tires to handle the front wheel drive power. At launch, in the Hagerty 1/4-mile race video where it bested the C8 Z06 the front wheels were close to losing traction at launch. Yep electric motors have max torque at zero rpm! The CCB brakes not only help cut weight to maintain the ME handling, GM uses braking for Torque Vectoring. BTW Lamborghini has a model that also uses brakes for torque vectoring. Only downside is they could overheat when driving on a Track, which the E-Ray is capable of doing. Not with CCBs.

Tadge, in the Jay Leno E-Ray overview video also said they did not have to add drag creating air ducts to cool the CCB brakes. He said those 90-degree air ducts blasting on the rotors crates drag. Open wheel wells contribute significant drag and according to Tadge, that air blast makes them worse.

If you had an E-Ray you'd understand when using Launch Control how exciting it is to achieve 2.1 seconds 0 to 60! The front fenders raise considerable due to the high "g" acceleration achieved.

Before those without AWD get their shorts in a knot, the GM Dash Test # subtracts Dragstrip Rollout similar to Car Mags. Don't know what they subtract but can assure it's more exciting than best my ProStreet Rod Can Do! My 11 b Poodle buddy loved it!

Built my ProStreet Rod when I retired (well semi- still have a part time Internet business.) Had plenty of small blocks and time for a BB. It has an 8.2 Liter BB, long tube Sanderson Headers, 850 Double Pumper, HD ignition. Engine is set back (reason for sedan, seats moved back) in the rigid TCI Tubbed chassis with adjustable 4 bar link suspension. It's adjusted to have instant center in front of the 3000 lb car. With height adjustable coilovers adjusted to have equal loading on the Currie 9" Ford with Posi rear 16.5" section width (420 metric) tires it has 53% static weight on the sticky Mickey Thomson tires. Built for a great launch, which it has BUT not close to my E-Ray with ZER summer tires!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-23-2024 at 05:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KDW19 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:58 PM
Bob MacLean
Racer

Originally Posted by Only1cannoli
Just spoke with a neighbor who is a service manager for a local dealer. He says they have 30 C8’s on the lot of various flavors. They’re doing out of State deals to move them. I’m #28 for an eray at another dealer and I got a call asking me if I wanted to move on a ‘24 today. I said no.

I love my ‘22 HTC first ever Corvette and I am now hesitating on the eray based on some of these comments. Not because of depreciation but more because of FOMO on newer technologies.

Thoughts?
MM has 177 at the moment.. https://www.macmulkin.net/new-vehicl...tte-inventory/
Old 06-23-2024, 05:21 PM
ZachZ06
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 23 Posts

2.1sec 0-60 in the Eray? lol..

We all know the onboard timer is off, and it's way off. Show us the 0-60 time with the draggy and get back to us, thanks!

Quick Reply: Immediate 2024 ERay Allocation Available!