Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 05 C6 Manual Prochanged 408 LSX motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 11:53 PM
BackPain
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 05 C6 Manual Prochanged 408 LSX motor

I have had this car going on 11 years. It was my first sports car I ever owned and had a blast driving it. Last four years though I've moved on exotics cars and the vette just doesn't do it for me anymore. I've have always had top notch service done on this car and always went with the best parts I could get. That being said I really trusted my relationship I had with my mechanic and I didn't question the upgrades that were done on the car. My only words to the mechanic was "I want it faster and make sure it's reliable." I really dont know all the upgrades that were done on the car however over the course of owing this car I'm well over $200k in upgrades and service. I have all records for the car since I've bought it. What I do know about the car. 408ci LSX texas speed iron block. The motor was build with procharger in mind. Custom build radiator, oil reservoir and full pump. Methanol injection. Upgraded tranny, axle and driveline. Penske adjustable racing coilovers. New tire and brakes. There is a million other things done to the car but this is the basics. Car is garage keep and covered on battery tender. Open to all offers. Really have no clue what this is worth. I'm looking to move the car though for the need of more garage space. I happy to send videos if someone wants them. Located in Reno Nevada.

60k miles

Last edited by BackPain; 06-27-2024 at 12:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (Today)
Old 06-27-2024, 08:55 AM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

You are going to have to be more specific on "upgraded tranny, upgraded driveline"

Horsepower?
CorvetteBrent (Today)
Old 06-27-2024, 09:26 AM
BackPain
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Mikeey morris
where is it located
Reno Nevada
Old 06-27-2024, 09:38 AM
BackPain
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Denis_C6-Z
You are going to have to be more specific on "upgraded tranny, upgraded driveline"

Horsepower?
SORRY. I don't know the components of the tranny an axle. I know it was raided for a 1500 hp car. Since it was installed, I've had zero issues with either.

When the car was first tuned it was little over 1,000 hp and I was on toyo R888. I didn't like in 3rd gear going 80mph the car would still break loose super easy without to much effort. Its currently at 6lbs of boost max at 680 hp and it's easier all around drive. I could get the tuner to but it back to 1,000 if you wanted it done at purchase.
CorvetteBrent (Today)
Old 06-28-2024, 08:29 PM
BackPain
4th Gear

What should this be selling for?
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Noblebro175
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BackPain
What should this be selling for?

So going by pictures alone, you've got a 30k dollar car. I say that because you not knowing doesn't assure anyone this is a 200k car. It's a 2005 base model. C6Z06s go for 40k all day. Boosted GS cars about the same . Examples can be found for less and obviously more but the selling price is what to check, not the original asking price. Market is cooling.

I like the color green, I also think 99% won't. They'll ask if you drilled holes in the body when installing the wing.

If you're able to have your tuner put it back to 1k whp then they could definitely help you with exactly what your car is and the build, etc. Trusting a mechanic well enough NOT to question 200k in receipts makes me think you could ask him what has been done to my car . Meanwhile, posting receipts here may help interested parties determine a value for your car.

Lastly, the forum has an awesome for sale section. Scroll thru the infinite pages and you can kinda see what simialr cars are going for... BAT may be better coverage or fetch a more potential buyer? I love green C6's and big ol wings but most don't. Consider removing wrap and wing? GLWS!
CorvetteBrent (Today)
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Noblebro175
So going by pictures alone, you've got a 30k dollar car. I say that because you not knowing doesn't assure anyone this is a 200k car. It's a 2005 base model. C6Z06s go for 40k all day. Boosted GS cars about the same . Examples can be found for less and obviously more but the selling price is what to check, not the original asking price. Market is cooling.

I like the color green, I also think 99% won't. They'll ask if you drilled holes in the body when installing the wing.

If you're able to have your tuner put it back to 1k whp then they could definitely help you with exactly what your car is and the build, etc. Trusting a mechanic well enough NOT to question 200k in receipts makes me think you could ask him what has been done to my car . Meanwhile, posting receipts here may help interested parties determine a value for your car.

Lastly, the forum has an awesome for sale section. Scroll thru the infinite pages and you can kinda see what simialr cars are going for... BAT may be better coverage or fetch a more potential buyer? I love green C6's and big ol wings but most don't. Consider removing wrap and wing? GLWS!
Spot on.

Also I'd spend some time and a few bucks for hardware and get that front end lined up. Very sloppy.
Old Today, 11:12 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 331 Likes on 216 Posts

The key to determining the value of your car here is to either post receipts or talk to your mechanic/tuner and post a list of items purchased and installed. I've seen 1000 wheel horsepower cars advertised for prices that seem to be in the $50,000-$65,000 range. I have seen one or two "1000 hp" cars advertised in the $40,000 range, but those might be 1000 engine hp rather than horsepower at the wheel, I don't know.

Get notified of new replies

To 05 C6 Manual Prochanged 408 LSX motor

Quick Reply: FS: 05 C6 Manual Prochanged 408 LSX motor