Southern California Southern California

C6 hit... Body shop recommendations in N. San Diego / OC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Erik_In_Carlsbad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 hit... Body shop recommendations in N. San Diego / OC?

Greetings...

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a body & paint shop in N. San Diego county (Oceanside, Carlsbad, etc.). My C6 got hit on Saturday and my insurance is giving me authorization to take it to take it to the shop of my choice for repairs. Needless to say, I want the work done right by someone familiar with Vettes, and I'll gladly pay for quality work, as it's the moron who hit me who's footing the bill.

Rant on mode...
OK... now as to the moron who hit me, it was a tow truck driver with Rancho del Oro towing, who managed to slam the vehicle he was towing into my Vette and two other parked cars. Apparently this mental giant, fearful that the owner of the car that he was stealing (impounding, etc.) from a public parking lot was going to catch him in the act, failed to secure his towed vehicle properly. Luckily for him, he only had to deal with me and the Carlsbad Police, and not the owner of the Tahoe that he was stealing, nor the owner of the Lexus SUV that he really wrecked.
... Off rant.

Thanks for your help... it's been a while since I've contributed to this forum & I hate it that we have to meet up again under these circumstances!

-Erik
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
SILVR STREAK
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ASKING IF A GREAT BODY SHOP IS IN NORTH COUNTY, I WOULD SUGGEST 'COLLISIONS PLUS', INC IN ESCONDIDO, THEY ARE AT 240 N. ANDREASEN DRIVE BY THE AUTO PARK, PHONE: 760-432-2085.

THEY DID SOME WORK FOR ME AND I WAS AS HAPPY AS CAN BE WITH THE RESULTS. RICH

Last edited by SILVR STREAK; 10-03-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: SPELL
Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See my reply to your post in C6 Gen..
Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of our forum guy's got caught up in an accident and his Corvette is over at Weslows Chevy and he is more than happy with the way they have treated and fixed his car. Stop over there and take a look at it before he picks it up on Thurs.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik_In_Carlsbad
Greetings...

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a body & paint shop in N. San Diego county (Oceanside, Carlsbad, etc.). My C6 got hit on Saturday and my insurance is giving me authorization to take it to take it to the shop of my choice for repairs. Needless to say, I want the work done right by someone familiar with Vettes, and I'll gladly pay for quality work, as it's the moron who hit me who's footing the bill.

Rant on mode...
OK... now as to the moron who hit me, it was a tow truck driver with Rancho del Oro towing, who managed to slam the vehicle he was towing into my Vette and two other parked cars. Apparently this mental giant, fearful that the owner of the car that he was stealing (impounding, etc.) from a public parking lot was going to catch him in the act, failed to secure his towed vehicle properly. Luckily for him, he only had to deal with me and the Carlsbad Police, and not the owner of the Tahoe that he was stealing, nor the owner of the Lexus SUV that he really wrecked.
... Off rant.

Thanks for your help... it's been a while since I've contributed to this forum & I hate it that we have to meet up again under these circumstances!

-Erik
The guy didn`t happen to be towing the SUV from the parking lot where the Coyote Bar is located, was it?

This scam was attempted on my wife`s car at this location, I think the security guard and the towing co have a working scam!

Sorry I don`t have any 1st hand experience with any local shops!

Good luck!

Last edited by Rag-Top Rick; 10-03-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Ryan's Daddy Dan-Na
Burning Brakes

Default Security Chevrolet?

Security Chevorlet on Vista Way has their own body shop. They did some body work on my son's S-10 Chevy Extreme. They were also doing restoration work on a '57 Thunderbird owned by the owner of Security Chevrolet. I have had them do service work on my C-5 and the service department was totally awesome. No grief at all and they are Corvette Tax Exempt! Small locally owned dealership with a good small town attitude.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Erik_In_Carlsbad
Instructor

Thank you to everyone for the responses -- I now have some local recommendations to work with! Weseloh is a couple of exits away from me and Escondido is not too far. Thanks!

And to answer Rick's questions...

The guy didn`t happen to be towing the SUV from the parking lot where the Coyote Bar is located, was it?

This scam was attempted on my wife`s car at this location, I think the security guard and the towing co have a working scam!
Yes, and I agree.

As I was parking, I saw the Rancho Del Oro tow truck and the two security guards moving in on the Tahoe and knew exactly what they were up to. A few minutes later, while I was upstairs at Gregorio's, I heard three loud bangs, looked over the edge, and saw that I was #2 of the 3 cars that the tow truck hit. When a tow driver is fearful of confronting an angry car owner, making sure that he performed the tow correctly is second to getting the hell out of there as fast as possible, and that's where he f'd up.

I'm aware of the scam, and being otherwise remarkably calm, I approached the tow driver with a "that's what happens when you steal cars" comment. When he bitched and moaned about how unfair the situation was -- TO HIM -- I told him that I didn't have a lot of sympathy for someone who makes a living off of other people's misery.

Then I called the police to get a real report done, and hoped that the owner of the Tahoe-in-tow would show up before the police did. That would have been fun to watch (unfortunately, neither he, nor the owner of the Lexus SUV that really got slammed, were able to confront the moron.. awww, I love UFC!).

-Erik
Old 10-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik_In_Carlsbad
Thank you to everyone for the responses -- I now have some local recommendations to work with! Weseloh is a couple of exits away from me and Escondido is not too far. Thanks!

And to answer Rick's questions...

Yes, and I agree.

As I was parking, I saw the Rancho Del Oro tow truck and the two security guards moving in on the Tahoe and knew exactly what they were up to. A few minutes later, while I was upstairs at Gregorio's, I heard three loud bangs, looked over the edge, and saw that I was #2 of the 3 cars that the tow truck hit. When a tow driver is fearful of confronting an angry car owner, making sure that he performed the tow correctly is second to getting the hell out of there as fast as possible, and that's where he f'd up.

I'm aware of the scam, and being otherwise remarkably calm, I approached the tow driver with a "that's what happens when you steal cars" comment. When he bitched and moaned about how unfair the situation was -- TO HIM -- I told him that I didn't have a lot of sympathy for someone who makes a living off of other people's misery.

Then I called the police to get a real report done, and hoped that the owner of the Tahoe-in-tow would show up before the police did. That would have been fun to watch (unfortunately, neither he, nor the owner of the Lexus SUV that really got slammed, were able to confront the moron.. awww, I love UFC!).

-Erik
Erik,

If you need a collaborating statement let me know, we`ll make a statement!
They actually towed my wife`s car but we got a hold of the property manager at the shopping center and they called the towing company and told them to void the tow and release the car.

We still spent a whole afternoon f`ing with these thieves before we got the car released.

Rick
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 AM
brians98ss
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Another option for you would be Len's Auto Body in Oceanside. Right off the 76.

Brian
Old 10-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Ryan's Daddy Dan-Na
Burning Brakes

Default Len's?

Originally Posted by brians98ss
Another option for you would be Len's Auto Body in Oceanside. Right off the 76.

Brian
They did some work on my EX-wife's new '02 BMW 330i on the rear passenger door and quarter panel.....I was not that impressed. I did have my company lease car a Chrysler Sebring worked on at Len's and that was OK. If it were my C-5 however.....I'd look around
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 AM
bdutchik
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody know a good shop in the Carmel Valley area
Old 10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
KeithKman
Pro

Go to European Motor Car Works. Period. A lot of people from this forum have got work done there and all have been 110% happy with Kye's work. As far as I am concerned, Kye is one of the best in the industry, if not the best.

Head on over and just take a look around. I promise you will leave smiling and in aww at the fine establishment Kye has.

They actually have an account here on Corvette Forum. The username is EMCW. Call up EMCW and talk to Nichole. Tell her Keith K. sent you. Kye has been a personal friend of my dad's since the late 70's. They will treat you right.

European Motor Car Works
2923 Tech Center Drive, Santa Ana, CA, 92705
Phone (714) 957-1290
Fax (714) 957-1294
www.europeanmotorcarworks.com
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
KeithKman
Pro

Also, EMCW paints some of the Callaway Corvettes.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 hit... Body shop recommendations in N. San Diego / OC?

Quick Reply: C6 hit... Body shop recommendations in N. San Diego / OC?