Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Default **Mojave Mile Sign up Info**

I've been to this event twice, and the promoters do a GREAT job of running it. Last time out I went over 200 MPH, it's a real blast!!

It was a bit crowded last time, although I did get 2 runs in each car, so they have made some changes to the format...

Here's the official info:

Mojave Mile Registration Opens August 3rd at 9 AM PST
by Mike Borders » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 am

OK, all you gearheads!! It's time to get ready!

Registration for the October 8-9, 2011 Mojave Mile will open at 9 AM Pacific time, August 3, 2011. At that time, we will begin accepting fax and email entries, and we will process all mail-in entries based on postmark. If you are on our mailing list, you were among the 260 packets we mailed out yesterday. If you are not on this list, you can download the complete entry packet on the website, http://www.mojavemile.com/html/downloads.html, or contact us, and we will mail you one.

The field for this event will be limited to 120 two-day entries, with an additional 30 entries reserved for “Sunday only” at a reduced rate. For reasons explained below, entries received by email or fax before that date or postmarked earlier than August 3 will not be processed until midnight of that date, after the properly-dated entries. We expect this event to sell out quickly, so we urge you to get your entry in ASAP on the 3rd. Your entry must be paid in full to confirm your spot and receive a grid number (see below).

To alleviate grid congestion at the start of every day and to prevent hours of waiting in grid lines to make your first run, we are assigning reserved numbered grid slots, for the first pass of Saturday only, in the order that fully paid entries are received. This means that there will be no need for 120 racers to queue up at 7:30 AM for the first run of the day, only to wait in long lines in the hot sun. We will call you up 20 at a time based upon your assigned grid number, so if you don’t have an early grid number, you can wait more comfortably in your pit until called up. However, if you want to be among the first in line Saturday morning, make sure you get your entry in on August 3rd! On Sunday, similar first-pass priority will be given to the 30 “Sunday Only” registrants. After the reserved first passes are done each day, the grid will resume “first-come, first served” priority for the remainder of the day.

There will no longer be any “day-of-race” open registration. We would prefer you to arrive by 8 PM the day before, so we can process you. However, if you are not a first-timer and you already have a confirmed grid number, you may arrive the morning of the event and complete your check-in and tech at the track, but you risk losing your first-round grid position. Note: Even if you do have a confirmed grid number, if you are a first-time standing mile racer, you MUST plan to arrive by 8 PM the evening before the race in order to be processed and receive your mandatory First-Timer orientation.

Walk-ins: If you do not already have a confirmed grid number and you show up on the day before you wish to race, we may be able to fit you in if there are still open slots available. If you show up the day of the race, we will probably not be able to accommodate you. So, if you are planning on coming but have not pre-registered, we strongly urge you to contact us first before driving up.

Other news: The concrete sections at each end of the runway have been resurfaced. Now, the entire 12,500 foot length is usable, giving us more flexibility and more runoff for the faster racers. There have also been some changes to the driver and car Tech requirements, which are outlined in the entry packet and in the new Rule Book. The new Rule Book and entry forms are available online at http://www.mojavemile.com/html/downloads.html. If you check the “I Need a Rule Book” box on your Entry form, we will mail you a hard copy when we receive your paid entry.

If you have any questions, you can always reach us at 702-614-6108, between 9-4 Pacific Time weekdays. We look forward to having you all return for another great weekend of speed!

Mike B. and the Mojave Mile Team
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey Joel, I would love to attend this but I'll be out of town . Goodluck on hitting another 200mph run
Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joel, we have the CC @ WSIR on 10/8, I may stay over night and run the mile on Sunday !!

Ed
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 PM
passmenow
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

how much torque would it take to pull 6th (4600RPM@160MPH) in my c5 with 4.10s?
can a crate 427 do it?
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the...-corvette-z06/
Old 07-24-2011, 01:23 PM
fst1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mm

Gotta make this one .......
FST1
Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Brandon619
Hey Joel, I would love to attend this but I'll be out of town . Goodluck on hitting another 200mph run
We'll miss you...

Originally Posted by doveboat
Joel, we have the CC @ WSIR on 10/8, I may stay over night and run the mile on Sunday !!

Ed
Sounds like a plan Ed!!

Originally Posted by passmenow
how much torque would it take to pull 6th (4600RPM@160MPH) in my c5 with 4.10s?
can a crate 427 do it?
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the...-corvette-z06/
Not sure, but you will know after your first pass.

Originally Posted by fst1
Gotta make this one .......
FST1
I hope to be there as well...
Old 08-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Mike Borders
3rd Gear

Hey Guys and Gals,

The Grid for the October Mojave Mile is already over half full since we opened Registration 2 days ago. If you are interested in coming out, please go to our website, http://www.mojavemile.com and download the entry packet. There is also an on-line version of our Rule Book for you to determine what class and speeds you can run.

The great thing for Corvettes at the Mojave Mile is that they can run up to 200 mph with a harness bar and 5-point harnesses (no roll bar required) plus the proper personal safety gear and correct tires.

If you have any questions, call our office at 702-614-6108 betweeen 9-4 Pacific Time.

We hope to see you all in October!

Mike Borders
General Manager, MKM Racing Promotions
Race Director
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corvette running 200 mph too fast for me but I'm going to give it a go if my work schedule permits. BTW what is the MPH of a stock C6 Z06 is running up there this time of year?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Mike Borders
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Threshold
Corvette running 200 mph too fast for me but I'm going to give it a go if my work schedule permits. BTW what is the MPH of a stock C6 Z06 is running up there this time of year?
The 400-436 HP Vettes are running in the high 150s, the Z06's are running high 160s, and the ZR-1s are in the high 170s.

Mike B
Old 08-06-2011, 09:31 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Mike Borders
Hey Guys and Gals,

The Grid for the October Mojave Mile is already over half full since we opened Registration 2 days ago. If you are interested in coming out, please go to our website, http://www.mojavemile.com and download the entry packet. There is also an on-line version of our Rule Book for you to determine what class and speeds you can run.

The great thing for Corvettes at the Mojave Mile is that they can run up to 200 mph with a harness bar and 5-point harnesses (no roll bar required) plus the proper personal safety gear and correct tires.

If you have any questions, call our office at 702-614-6108 betweeen 9-4 Pacific Time.

We hope to see you all in October!

Mike Borders
General Manager, MKM Racing Promotions
Race Director
Looks like I better get my paperwork in...
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2008 Base Coupe 166.2 MPH

Folks I ran this event in April and was pleasantly surprised when I got my timing slip after my 2nd run. It read 166.2 I backed it up on the 3rd run with a 165.2.

I was also told that base coupes run in the high 140's so I was surprised on my first run when I was exceeding the allowed 150 MPH at the 3/4 mark, the HUD showed 160. (Last year, if this was your first time running you were require to stay between 140 and 150 MPH.) I let off a little too much and coasted through at 139.6 MPH. They did give me the sportsman license so I was able to run as hard as I wanted on the 2nd run.

The car has ~ 23,000 miles on it and I was running the original OEM tires. We did tape the seams for the first two runs, I pulled it off for the 3rd run. Might be why I dropped by 1 MPH? Anyway the only modifications on the car is the Corsa "Sport" exhaust.

Oh yea! I let the computer do the shifting. Yes it is an automatic, I put it in the sport mode and put the pedal to the floor.

I'll plan on another run after I change out the cold air intake system. Not sure which one I'll get. Any recommendations?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM
passmenow
Drifting

What kind of tape did you use on your seams?

few of us from San Diego entered...
CMS tuned 420/460rw C5Z06.

Lance is bringing his Monza modified.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 AM
95ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Joel!
I didn't see you on the grid list yet.
You are going aren't you?
I love to see that 200+ sign lit up.
Don't ya want another 200mph club
T-shirt? Hope to see you there!
Ted
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I used two inch painters tape. You just need to make sure the car is clean I saw a lot of cars there using red racing tape. at first I thought it was red Duct tape. Not sure where you can buy it but do a search on the INTERNET.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
DSOMC6
Race Director

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Next weekend!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
doveboat
Drifting

I may go and cheer on a folks after the 10/8 CC @ Willow Springs

Anyone up for a Saturday eve out in Tehachapi ??

Ed

Last edited by doveboat; 10-05-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
passmenow
Drifting

Drop in and say Hi,
We'll be there both days in the white Kenworth RV w/the 4 car stacker trailer.
Wx/wind looked ok last I checked.

Get notified of new replies

To **Mojave Mile Sign up Info**

Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
passmenow
Drifting

Fun event, thanks to all the Mohave Mile volunteers .
Big crew of really motivated volunteers, awesome job!
I just relaced my 3.42 for 4.10 with hopes I might like it at Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla.
But at the mile...I hit 5th at the quarter mile and 6th at the half mile.
Thankfully the motor and tune were agreeable to my half mile of 6th gear flogging.
159 was my best, pretty sure with a 3.42 it would gain a bunch leaving it in 5th till the end.
All the C6 Z06s with stock gearing were running around 170.
But it felt plenty fast on the 3 hour drive home to San Diego.
At least i went fast enuf to open my mirrors at 150.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtiX5crJyVU

Last edited by passmenow; 10-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by passmenow
Fun event, thanks to all the Mohave Mile volunteers .
Big crew of really motivated volunteers, awesome job!
I just relaced my 3.42 for 4.10 with hopes I might like it at Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla.
But at the mile...I hit 5th at the quarter mile and 6th at the half mile.
Thankfully the motor and tune were agreeable to my half mile of 6th gear flogging.
159 was my best, pretty sure with a 3.42 it would gain a bunch leaving it in 5th till the end.
All the C6 Z06s with stock gearing were running around 170.
But it felt plenty fast on the 3 hour drive home to San Diego.
At least i went fast enuf to open my mirrors at 150.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtiX5crJyVU
lol i told you it wouldnt pull 6th gear lol.... i had the same problem in my old c5 z when i put 4.10's in it
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Any updates ?? / Joel !!!!!!!

We need some news & video

Ed

Quick Reply: **Mojave Mile Sign up Info**